Profile for Jay Bee > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Philips GoGear SA2840 4Gb MP3 Player
Philips GoGear SA2840 4Gb MP3 Player

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work, 19 July 2008
I've got an older Philips SA3114 (which connects great with my PC and hifi), so I bought this as it was a great price for the memory and battery life. But it would not connect to my PC properly, the connection was intermittent, it kept flashing on and off in my File Manager. I tried it with my hifi, that did not recognise it. I thought it was a problem with the unit, so I asked for a replacement, but had exactly the same problems. I looked on the internet, there seemed to be loads of information on MP3 player connection problems, and some very complicated advice. I tried some of the things, and while running the Device Manager, the unit froze competely, I could not reset it. By this time I had had enough, and sent it back the amazon, and got a refund, which I was really pleased with. I had been worried they were going to be difficult about it, but they were great, no quibbles. I had also contacted Philips before this, who suggested connecting it to another PC, but as all my music is on my home PC, that would have been pointless.

Maybe all this had put me off completely, but I did not like the feel of the item. It was too small (for me there is such a thing, I like something sturdier with a bit of substance to it), and I did not like the fact the whole screen is in effect a button, so you pressed on the top, bottom, left and right edges to scroll through your menu.

From now on when I buy an MP3 player I will do so with a view to in effect testing it at home, and I will make sure that anywhere I buy it from has a returns policy that suits this.

Philips SA3114/02 flash audio video player 1gb mp3/4 wma fm usb2.0 black
Philips SA3114/02 flash audio video player 1gb mp3/4 wma fm usb2.0 black

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 19 July 2008
I bought one of these about six months ago, and it's great. It charges through my PC no problem, dragging music files into is simple. It also charges and plays through my hifi through the USB connection. If feels good, like a small slim mobile phone, and I like the stainless steel back. I wanted to get more memory and a longer battery time, so I was really pleased when I saw the Philips SA2840 on Amazon, with 4Gb and 20 hours battery time. But it did not connect to my PC or hifi! Neither did the replacement! (see my review under that product). A bit like the review above.

Page: 1 | 2