Profile for R.Over > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Me To You Dog Advent Calendar Dog Treat
Me To You Dog Advent Calendar Dog Treat

4.0 out of 5 stars Puppy loved it, 10 Feb 2014
Was a nice touch to get the puppy an advent calendar along with our own and also the cat's.

Shame it wasn't packaged properly, the calendar was pretty much bashed by the time it arrived, but luckily all the chocolates were intact.

Shoestring - Series 1 [DVD] [1979]
Shoestring - Series 1 [DVD] [1979]
Dvd ~ Trevor Eve
Price: 7.70

5.0 out of 5 stars No planned DVD release for series 2, 10 Feb 2014
Shoestring was a little before my time. I bought the DVD as I was trying to find some cheap shows to watch and bought it off the recommendation from others on Amazon.

I loved it.

There are many reviews on here that give you a honest opinion of the great show, but I want to make people aware that 2entertain have no plans to produce series 2 on DVD.
I emailed 2entertain, which is now a BBC company, to ask when series 2 would be released, they explained that due to musical copyright and lack of public interest, they would be looking at a non-profitable production. You can't blame them for that, but I asked if they received enough emails asking for a release then could there be a possibility, they didn't say 'Yes', but if there was a high volume of correspondence, then they will review their decision.

So my advice is to email dvdenquiryline@2entertain.co.uk and hopefully it might get the ball rolling.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2014 6:42 PM BST

Canada Green Grass Seed, 500 Grams
Canada Green Grass Seed, 500 Grams
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A novice's story, 28 Sep 2013
Let me initially point out that I am a novice in the garden and I don't have much of a clue in regards to growing anything.

In March this year (2013) I decided I needed to do something with my patchy lawn. The grass is very weak and in the middle of the lawn I pulled up a layer of membrane with stones where a flower-bed once lay and hard soil lay underneath.

I wet the lawn, raked it and then used a spreader to throw the seed around and then hosed it a few times in the following weeks.

Since then I hadn't really paid the lawn much attention, I cut it a few times but didn't take much notice on the growth.

Now it is September, I have noticed that the grass is still weak and patchy in places, but the area where the membrane was has really nice thick grass growing from it.

So my conclusion is... the seed works much better on soil than it does on grass.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Hope it works for you, 28 Sep 2013
I'm not writing this review to slate the product, nor am I going to advise you not to buy it. All I can say is give it a go and I hope it works for you.

Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I used it every single day religiously in the morning and at night and after a few weeks I had lost hope. I still carried on using it as I really wanted it to start working, but my thin crown just wasn't getting any thicker.

Some people say you have to give it more than three months for it to take effect. Well I simply don't have the money nor the time to waste on something that isn't guaranteed to work.

Good luck.

It's Me or the Dog: How to have the Perfect Pet
It's Me or the Dog: How to have the Perfect Pet
by Victoria Stilwell
Price: 13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars The only doggy book you'll ever really need, 28 Sep 2013
We recently got a Lhasa Apso puppy and being novice puppy owners, we needed all the help we could get.
Someone lent us this book, but for future reference we bought it from Amazon.

The book is filled with plenty of information on how to raise your new pooch, as well as addressing problems with your existing one.
It is funny, filled with many pictures of Victoria and several different dogs and advice is clear and concise.
Many of the tips are common-sense and some are totally whacky, for instance if my dog won't walk then I would never sit down on a city centre pavement until he will walk, but this is just a tip, not Mrs Stilwell advising you to do so.

I think all bases are covered in the book, from walking, house-training, crate-training, feeding, teething, children etc.

If you want to be a dog-owner without the strict military approach, then this is the book for you.

Frontline Spot On Cat 6 Pipettes
Frontline Spot On Cat 6 Pipettes
Offered by VetePet
Price: 16.59

5.0 out of 5 stars The best around., 28 Sep 2013
I've used Frontline on my pet cats and dogs for years and I've found it is the best flea treatment around.
My recent vet tried to put me off and make me buy something they recommended, but my animals scratching has been minimal while they have been treated each month, so why change?

Royal Canin Mini Junior Dry Dog Food 2 kg
Royal Canin Mini Junior Dry Dog Food 2 kg
Offered by BuyAllMeans
Price: 14.14

5.0 out of 5 stars So cheap to feed the puppy, 28 Sep 2013
When we bought our new puppy four months ago, the kennel breeder gave us a small bag of Royal Canin mini junior dry food and recommended we kept him on this diet.
I bought the biggest bag and initially I was worried it was going to cost an absolute fortune to feed the little man, How wrong could I have been.
Servings all depend on the age and weight of your puppy/dog and there is a guide supplied on the bag as well as the Royal Canin website.
We use a digital scale to measure out his food and he has 3 meals per day.
As I said, all dogs are different with weight and age, but after doing a few calculations, our Lhasa Apso pup has only cost 7 per month in food so far, which is on average 25p per day.

AGM® 3 in 1 Mini Laser Pen Pointer in BLUE LED Torch Light with Keychain for Pets or Pointing
Offered by COOLBUY
Price: 2.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to wind up the cat... and the puppy!!!, 28 Sep 2013
I bought one of these a while ago to play with the cat. He would run for ages trying to catch the little red dot, but never actually managed.
We have since got a puppy and coincidentally, he loves to chase after it too, which is great to tire him out before bed-time.

Duracell Ultra MN1300 Battery Alkaline 1.5V D Ref 7035084 [Pack 4]
Duracell Ultra MN1300 Battery Alkaline 1.5V D Ref 7035084 [Pack 4]
Offered by Babz Media
Price: 6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the tester, 28 Sep 2013
I always buy these for my 6-cell Maglite which I use for my job. I replaced all the batteries with these Duracell Ultra in December 2012 and they lasted me until August 2013, which is great going to say I work 5 nights per week.
I like the tester on these batteries, they give a good clear indication as to how much power they have left, which is a god-send because I really don't want to run out of power in the middle of nowhere.

TTS 3 Watt CREE LED 180 Lumen upgrade conversion bulb for the 4 to 6 D and C Cell Maglite Torch
Offered by TheTorchSite
Price: 12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper alternative to over-priced torches, 28 Sep 2013
I work in the security industry and I've always used Maglites for my patrols. I currently use a 6-cell and was toying with the idea of buying a brand new LED torch, but was put-off by the prices and sizes of most.
I read the reviews on Amazon and thought I'd try the new bulb out and I'm very glad I did.
The light is a lot better than the yellowy-white beam on the standard Maglites, it's more of a bluey-white. There isn't any obvious difference in range or power, the bulb is just an alternative.
If you are in two minds about purchasing this bulb, I recommend that you do.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8