Profile for amelia > Reviews

The Medicinal Chef: Eat Your Way to Better Health
by Dale Pinnock
Price: 9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy peasy healthy stuff, 30 Nov 2013
at last! heres a cookery book- focusing on healthy foods, the recipes are simple, unfussy and dont require 5 hours preparation! I use this regularly, it's covered in stuff I use in cooking- it doesnt live on my bookshelf!

From the Sea to the Land Beyond [DVD]
From the Sea to the Land Beyond [DVD]
Dvd ~ British Sea Power (Soundtrack)
Offered by A2Z Entertains
Price: 9.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, simply stunning, 30 Nov 2013
One of life's guilty pleasurres is being safely inside somewhere lovely in the daytime while its raining outsisde watching wonderful old balck and white (some colour) films whilst the world is at it's business.
This DVD is comprised of clips from four main BFI collections. We see our ancestors watching us watching them, it is endearing, it shows images of seascapes and interwoven human geography and British transport.
There are no spoken words- just a wonderful soundtrack by 'British Sea Power'- sometimes so beautiful and evocative that it brought tears to my eyes- in a good way.
I love this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2014 11:51 PM BST

Ferney
Ferney
by James Long
Price: 7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Graet read, 30 Nov 2013
This review is from: Ferney (Paperback)
This is one of my favourite books. It is basically a romance across several centuries between two people who get 'reborn' and then meet up again. This was Ok until the develpment of travel- cars- trains which meant that each time they were 'reborn' they ran the risk of not finding each other again. I couldnt put the book down

If You Wait
If You Wait
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Dermot you cad!, 13 Sep 2013
This review is from: If You Wait (Audio CD)
Hear the track 'Strong' on Dermot O' Leary's show, bought this and am so pleased that I did. Each track is fantastic, really thats all I can say,

Open Season
Open Season
Offered by mrtopseller
Price: 4.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Sea Power., 13 Sep 2013
This review is from: Open Season (Audio CD)
Bought after seeing the wonderful documentary 'Storyville' where some of the soundtrack is taken from this CD. I absolutley adore the CD, the tracks 'The Land beyond' and 'True Adventures' are particular favourites, I dont know how to compare with other music, I am a 'bit of an oldie'-I'm in my mid 60s, so I shall use words such as melodic, beautiful, delicious, sensitive, some tracks have me dancing away and singing (poor family) some tracks are so very lovely they make me stop and stay still, they even have made me shed a very slient tear, lovely things make me do this.....
Buy this and you will see what I mean.

Pale Green Ghosts
Pale Green Ghosts
Price: 9.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Naughty, naughty words, 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: Pale Green Ghosts (Audio CD)
Some excellent tracks on the CD, some language was a little blue!!!!!!
Worth a listen. The guy has a fantastic voice.

Kafka on the Shore
Kafka on the Shore
by Haruki Murakami

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmm, 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: Kafka on the Shore (Hardcover)
I didnt know if I liked this story or not... it's a strange tale. The characters are memorable but I found it hard to keep track of the story. You may love it though.

Talking Together... About Sex and Relationships: A Practical Resource for Schools and Parents of Children with Learning Disabilities: A Practical ... with Young People with Learning Disabilities
by Kerr-Edwards, Lesley, Scott, Lorna
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 13.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent starting point to discuss SRE ., 25 Jun 2013
I thoroughly recommend this book, both as a parent as as a teacher. It is a great tool to begin to look at Sex and Relationships Education with young people with learning difficulties.
There are ideas for further work- there are clear illustrations and characters in the book so the YP can identify with each.
Money well spent!

Kite Runner, The
Kite Runner, The
by Khaled Hosseini

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldnt Put it down!, 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: Kite Runner, The (Paperback)
Wonderful story, one that I will return to again and again. Very moving and harrowing- an uncomfortable read at times.
For a penny - absolute bargain!!

Nikon COOLPIX S3100 Compact Digital Camera - Yellow (14MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars coffee and crosswords and a coolpix, 11 May 2012
This is my second Nikon Coolpix, the first one was fine until about 3 months into its use then I kept having a 'lens problem' where the lens wouldn't come out. It was a real pain as I need it for my work, amazon were great and repaid my money. Guess what, did I learn? Nope, I bought another Nikon Coolpix- "surely it must work!" (I liked the speed it took the photos and the quality)- I though it must be a glitch in the first camera. It wasn't, my new- month old Coolpix is also suffering from 'Lens problems' Ha! What a fool I was thinking lightning doesn't strike twice. (I know it's not lightning but a mere bit of technology) I shall be discussing this with Nikon tomorrow, do you think I should have a flask of coffee at my side- maybe a crossword, just to keep me going through the incessant 'press 1 for....