Profile for Elle > Reviews

Content by Elle

Elle (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Facial Clay 1 Lb.
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Facial Clay 1 Lb.
Offered by UK Beauty Deals
Price: 7.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay, 25 Jun 2014
First off, I'd like to tell you about my skin type. I have very dry and very problematic skin. I never used to suffer from much sensitivity but in recent years I've had multiple reactions to products used on my skin. After reading you use orangic apple cider vinegar, I was slightly worried that this would dry out my skin more but it does the opposite. My skin felt flake free, non-itchy and also very smooth.

My one concern is that this is a skin mask that needs to have continued use. I used it once and then I had to take a break due to bathroom renovations and lack of normal sink/mirror/shower set up. This mask brings everything to the surface and does make me break out but with continued use they disappear but if you stop that, it'll go back to being worse than before. All good masks do this but don't expect this mask to be a one-time healer or something you can do before a big event.

Fantastic value for money also as you get a giant tub and you only use just over a teaspoon for each mask. This tub will last forever, unlike my old one which was tiny tiny.

Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker & Sleep Wristband - Slate
Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker & Sleep Wristband - Slate
Price: 68.24

2.0 out of 5 stars Fitbit Flex, 25 Jun 2014
If you wanted this just because you want to keep moving and this is great motivator then yeah, this might work for you. For me personally though, this was a waste of money and got returned within a few days.

I have flaily arms anyway so I figured this might not be the best option but after reading other rave reviews I thought I would give it a chance since it apparently had a very complicated algorithm that was much smarter than your average tracker. The fact is I walked downstairs to get a glass of water and upstairs again and I apparently walked 276 steps. My house is not a mansion. I let this go as beginner issues but by the end of the day I'd walked nearly 20thousand steps and the only movement I'd done was walking to the bus stop and then to work. I did the lazy job that night in work which requires me sitting down for long periods of time without me moving my arms at all and yet I still managed to wrack up that many steps. I told myself this might of been first day issues but after day 3 I decided this simply didn't work. I did a lot of walking the day after and managed 50 thousand steps. Not a chance. This is just ridiculously inaccurate. My arms move a lot so it counts every single one of my movements as steps. I also ran across another issue. I don't have a dominant hand. I use both hands for a lot of things so the algorithm probably didn't like that either.

All in the all, I'm gonna go with a clip on tracker. I know I'll probably forget it half the time but if it works a lot better then I can't complain.

100% Cotton Military Style T-shirt - Woodland Camouflage
100% Cotton Military Style T-shirt - Woodland Camouflage
Price: 5.99 - 7.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Cotton Military Style T-Shirt, 25 Jun 2014
I ordered a medium and it was larger than expected but since I am a small female that isn't too surprising. The tee is very 'wide' and this comes from someone who has ridiculously broad shoulders. I normally have to order up as they don't tend to fit into smaller shirts. This shirt drowned me and felt more like a 'large'. I have a few other medium mens tee's and this one was definitely larger. The tee itself is a nice comfortable material although had a very potent smell when it arrived so had to wash it. It didn't wash well at all. It's faded nearly all over and looked like I'd been wearing it for months when I hadn't even wore it outside once. In a way this worked quite well cause I wanted it to look a little less 'primary coloured' for my outfit (camo themed night out) but if you want a good quality tee to wear every day I would probably avoid this.

Philips Sonicare HX8013/07 Air Floss Nozzle Pack of 3
Philips Sonicare HX8013/07 Air Floss Nozzle Pack of 3
Price: 11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Air Floss Nozzle Pack, 2 Jun 2014
Absolutely adore the product and raved about it so much that other members of the house wanted to try too. These fitted perfectly and are different colours so we can work out who owns what head easily. I also have one spare for myself when I need to change. Well worth the money as I would probably spend that much on flossers in the same time period.

Assorted Shoe Laces 12pk Brown, Black, White,
Assorted Shoe Laces 12pk Brown, Black, White,
Offered by BargainShop_London
Price: 1.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Shoe Laces, 2 Jun 2014
Worked well replacing my New Balance trainer laces which were way too long. Slightly elastic so they tie easily and they seem like they might break eventually but for the price and the amount you get per packet, I can't fault them.

Hold Me Closer, Necromancer (Necromancer Series)
Hold Me Closer, Necromancer (Necromancer Series)
Price: 4.02

3.0 out of 5 stars Hold Me Closer, Necromancer, 2 Jun 2014
Don't get me wrong I really liked this book but it just wasn't fabulous! I finished it in one session because I really wanted to know what happened next but it just left me a bit cold when I finished it. Sam was endearing enough but when I came on here to read about people finding him hilarious, I had to laugh. I don't think I laughed out loud once when reading this although I did find it entertaining. I couldn't help but think at several times that it felt like the author was writing a movie more so than a book. I will probably go onto the next one in the future but I am in no rush.

Lighthouse postcard album with 50 clear pocket sheets for up to 200 postcards
Lighthouse postcard album with 50 clear pocket sheets for up to 200 postcards
Offered by Dauwalders of Salisbury (Stamp Dealers since 1958)
Price: 6.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Lighthouse postcard album, 2 Jun 2014
Fits all my 'normal' sized postcards in brilliantly. My only real complaint is that when I put two different sized postcards back to back you can see the writing on the bigger one. To fix this i am hunting down clear pieces of thin paper to put in between my cards. I also wish this would be slightly less gaudy on the outside. I would of loved to put it on my bookshelf but it looks cheap beside my book collection and other leather bound albums.

Works well for intended purposes though. Just need to work out how to store the larger cards if anyone has any ideas.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
Price: 3.66

4.0 out of 5 stars The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, 29 May 2014
Started reading the book last night and finished it in one setting. Engaging, fascinating, heartbreaking and just brilliant. I really liked how it was written and the story of Christopher had me captivated the entire time.

N9-Online Apple Retro Map World Design All and 3 PU Leather Case Cover with Free Screen Protector and Stylus Pen for iPad Mini
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 24 May 2014
The design I had is 'design 1' which seems to be sold out at the minute and I know exactly why. I don't think I know one person who I've used my iPad in front of that hasn't actually complimented the case. I absolutely love the map design and the fact it turns and I can use it horizontally and vertically, is just great. I have unfortunately dropped it a few times but the case does the job and protects my mini. Highly recommend.

HealthAid Tea Tree Shampoo 250ml
HealthAid Tea Tree Shampoo 250ml
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Tea Tree Shampoo, 24 May 2014
I love the smell of tea tree so that does not put me off.

I've had a lot of scalp issues lately and while my medicated shampoo and other creams have been helping to keep the dry skin away, the itchiness was still there. This definitely helped. While it has done absolutely nothing for my dry scalp (it is important to note that even my medicated shampoo and steroid creams do little for it), it did help stop me scratching my head and making it worse.

As for being a shampoo, it does give your hair a lovely wash. I shampoo twice (once with a normal and once with medicated) and I find after my first wash with this, my hair feels very clean, if a little stripped. I don't recommend this if you have dry hair unless you use a really decent conditioner after.

The bottle itself is a bit of a pain in the ass. The cap is really stiff on mine and causes some annoyance in the shower when it sticks. The product also sticks around the cap even though I make sure to rinse it off after use and keep it clean when using it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17