Profile for J. Peat > Reviews

Content by J. Peat

J. Peat "gaffer" ("West Midlands")

Genuine Kirby Ultimate G Drive Belts - Superior Original Belts - Always use genuine kirby parts!
Offered by BuyParts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Kirby parts to keep genuine Kirbys running, 11 Jun. 2014
These were bought to replace a burned-out belt (caused by lack of proper maintenance!). They arrived well-packed, though I don't know how quickly, as I was away for a week. Being genuine parts, they fitted without any trouble, and the Kirby is back to its superior best again. I would certainly use this supplier again.

Despicable Me Fart Blaster
Despicable Me Fart Blaster
Offered by Midco Toys Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for kids, 29 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Despicable Me Fart Blaster (Toy)
A 6th birthday gift for our grandson; he loved it! (But then, he loves making farty noises anyway.) He spent most of the afternoon racing around using it. One benefit - you always know where he is!

Fujifilm FinePix AX650 Digital Camera - Purple (16 MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for an 8-year-old who's just getting into serious photography., 29 Mar. 2014
This was a birthday gift for our granddaughter, who's grown out of her Kiddizoom and wanted a "good" camera. This is definitely a "good" camera - it's better than mine! It has everything she thinks she wants (especially the colour - she loves purple), and a lot more for when she starts experimenting with quality pictures and video.

I'd recommend a camera like this for any youngster (or adult) who has a serious wish to take decent pictures, not just for blasting into Facebook or taking pictures down Daddy's ear'ole.

The only downside, as reported by many other reviewers, is the lack of a memory card in the box to make it instantly usable.

Ryobi RBV2800S Electric Blower Vacuum
Ryobi RBV2800S Electric Blower Vacuum

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than other blower-vacs I've had, 8 Dec. 2011
I bought this to replace a blower-vac in which a motor bearing disintegrated. This one seems to be solidly built, and works effectively. Yes, it's a bit cumbersome and noisy, but so were the other two I've owned. This has the advantage of being shrinkable for easier storage, and rather better balanced, and I expect better life from the metal shredder blades.

Against it are the fairly short cable - my last one was nearly twice as long - and the trigger switch, which is a bit tiring, as it has to be held on. Still, I suppose that's really a safety feature. I'm just under six feet tall, and I don't have a problem with the working height.

I'd say this was a good purchase with a well-known name behind it.