Profile for Hepburn > Reviews

Content by Hepburn

Hepburn

StarTech.com 1-1/4" Dia. Self-Adhesive Rubber Feet for PC Cases (4/pkg)
StarTech.com 1-1/4" Dia. Self-Adhesive Rubber Feet for PC Cases (4/pkg)
Price: 1.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product., 2 Jun 2011
I use these on the underside of my laptop. They're easy to fit, and slightly deeper than the originals on most laptops, so may well improve air circulation a little. The glue is incredibly sticky, and they stay put even on the hottest areas underneath (the glue on my originals melted). I've cut some small chunks out to fit around the fan ventilation and removable panels, but they still stay in place and stop my laptop sliding around.

I highly recommend them. Excellent product. Excellent price. You can't go wrong.

Ghostbusters: The Supernatural Spectacular
Ghostbusters: The Supernatural Spectacular
by Richard Mueller
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars Great novelisation., 2 Jun 2011
This book is 'Ghostbusters: The Supernatural Spectacular', the film novelisation by Richard Mueller (I don't know why it has the odd listing name).

The book follows the storyline of the film. Some of the improvised dialogue in the film is missing, but scenes that didn't make it past the final shooting script and those deleted from the film have been added. There are also some good back-stories for the five main characters, and minor plot lines are expanded on. All of the added parts fit in well as they're in-keeping with the humour of the film, and some lines laugh-out-loud!

All in all, a great book (and far superior to the Larry Milne version, from what I've read). It's shame that some of my favourite improvised lines are missing (would be 5* otherwise), but the extras more than make up for it.

I highly recommend it. If you're a bit of a 'ghosthead', and you can afford the high price, buy it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2011 11:07 AM GMT

GCSE Physics Complete Revision & Practice
GCSE Physics Complete Revision & Practice

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., 13 April 2011
I first used this guide 12 years ago when doing my GCSEs. I'm about to return to college to start some more A Levels, and have been using this to 'get up to speed'. 12 years later, this is still the best guide available!

The book uses humour throughout, helping to absorb a lot of information at once, and it works well. The different sections have grouped related topics together well, and the 'warm-up' and exam questions at the end of each topic make sure you've really learnt it all.

To say that this book is great value for money is a complete understatement, and the CGP guides (particularly for the 'academic' subjects) are excellent in general. I'd recommend buying this before any other revision guides - you won't need any others!

GCSE Mathematics Higher Level: Complete Revision and Practice (Complete Revision & Practice)

GCSE Chemistry Complete Revision & Practice
GCSE Chemistry Complete Revision & Practice

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., 13 April 2011
I first used this guide 12 years ago when doing my GCSEs. I'm about to return to college to start some extra A Levels, and have been using this to 'get up to speed'. 12 years later, this is still the best guide available!