Profile for LisaLovesBooks > Reviews

Content by LisaLovesBooks

LisaLovesBooks

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Prince (Mills & Boon Spice) (The Original Sinners: The Red Years, Book 3) (Original sinner seires)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love Tiffany Reisz, 29 Jan. 2013
Ive read mostly all this author's work. I really cant put into words what I am feeling about this book. It is just absolutely superb and its been on my mind all day!!!!!
This is book 3 in the series (but there are little extra stories in between). This book kept me up all night...literally ... I could not put it down. Start off on book 1 - The Siren, and I promise you that you will be wondering how you ever survived before you discovered this series. I know it's only a book but it's that good.

I'm on pins until The Mistress is out this summer!!!!

Honor Student (Honor Series Book 1)
Honor Student (Honor Series Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Its okay, 29 Jan. 2013
I read this book while waiting for a different book to come out. It was ok but I don't think it really took off. I didn't like the writing style, didn't flow well and the plot was pretty typical. I did go on to read the other two only because the reviews we really good and I thought, well maybe it picks up. Sadly, for me, it didn't and I only skimmed the last book. I don't know what other people were reading but it was only its ok. I really can't think of anything else to say.

Secrets After Dark (After Dark Book 2): Book Two in the After Dark series
Secrets After Dark (After Dark Book 2): Book Two in the After Dark series

4.0 out of 5 stars Even better than book 1, 14 Nov. 2012
After reading the first book, I wanted to know what happened to Beth. I didn't however really take to her in the first book and wanted to bang her and Dominic's heads together when they had all their issues regarding the dungeon episode and the use of her safe word and found it a little annoying. However, in this book I felt Beth has learnt loads and had come on in leaps and bounds ( or should I say bonds!). She's seemed to realise that she has needs and desires or her own and not just wants to try things in bed to make someone else happy. I started routing for her and was practically shouting 'you show them all Beth' at the book.

The story has lots of naughty twists and turns and I was hooked from about a quarter of the way through. I just adored the kind of love triangle at the end. Now don't shoot me but I kind of want her to get involved ith Andrei and let Dominc beg her for forgiveness .... I think I was coverted to team Andrei by the end!

Good storyline....learnt much more about Beth and Dominc, sexy scences, intriguing, a great read and I can honestly say that it was better than the first book and I have pre-ordered book 3.

Gave if four stars only because I felt it was a little slow to get going but once it did....I loved the ride.

The Siren (Mills & Boon Spice) (The Original Sinners: The Red Years, Book 1) (Original sinner seires)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant...... Just brilliant, 8 Nov. 2012
All I can say that Tiffany Reisz never fails. I love all her books and this book in particular. It's got everything.
Do yourself a favour and, with an open heart and an open mind..... Read it.

Little Red Riding Crop: 1
Little Red Riding Crop: 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting little snippet, 19 Oct. 2012
This is a exciting short story regarding Nora, set in the time before The Siren, when she is technically 'single'.
This book is extra information regarding Nora and shows alittle more into her relationship with Kingsley.

I really recommend you read The Siren before reading this short story so you can get more out of it.
Another fantastic book from the author.

Summer Loving
Summer Loving

4.0 out of 5 stars A really good read, 9 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Summer Loving (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. I would not say that I couldn't put it down but it certainly has a plot and a great story line. I really could relate to some of the strands of the story and the main character Elise was quite refreshing.

The only reason why I did not give it more stars was because I felt the ending could have included more detail and i felt alittle deflated that the event i was waiting for was not in the book but mentioned in a different way but I won't ruin the ending!!!!

I recommend this book and if you decide to read it, you don't be disapointed.

Reflected in You: A Crossfire Novel
Reflected in You: A Crossfire Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown away.....just brilliant, 7 Oct. 2012
I finished this book last night, read into the early hours. Once again, the brilliant Sylvia Day has done it again and wrote a book which I just cannot put down and even though I know I have a early start, the book makes me forget everything and I just have to continue reading.

After I finished the book, I was stunned. I could not stop thinking about it and had to process what I had just read. I don't want to spoil it for anyone so i wont comment on any particular points. If you are new to the series..... You must must read book one Bared to you and then this book. You will NOT be disappointed.

I did not think it possible but this book made me happy, miserable, confused, anxious, overwhelmed.....its a wonderful emotional journey that just gets better and better. This book has a plot, twists and turns, so much emotion not to mention great sex scences which actually enhance and forward the story.

All I can say is it's brilliant, read read read this book. However be prepared to clear your calendar, expect the family to defend for themselves, turn your phone off, because I promise you, once you start on this journey with Eva and Giedon, you will fall in love with them and you will not be moving until you have devoured this book.

In Too Deep
In Too Deep
by Portia Da Costa

3.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant surprise, 25 Sept. 2012
This review is from: In Too Deep (Paperback)
This is the first book I have read by this author and to sum it up, I think it was pretty good.
I wasn't really getting into it at the beginning but kept going as all the reviews I read we're good and then suddenly, I don't know if it was because the pace changed or I started giving the story my full attention, but the story really gripped me. It was getting good and I knew that it was going to be another night where I had to read into the early hours (I do llove it when I cant put a book down no matter the time). I was glued to the story and without giving too much away, I really enjoyed the little twist at the end.

The man of the piece 'Daniel' is a great character and he grows on me. Hes not the normal typical macho man but certainly doesn't disappoint and I like the fact that Gwen is a normal 'girl next door type'. Both of the main characters are fun and I found I could relate to them. There is a good plot, a good amount of sex which actually has something to do with the story and adds to it, which is refreshing.

The only downside is that I wish the story was a little longer and there was a little more detail on how the ending came to be. I kind of felt I missed a few chapters out at the end but maybe that was the feeling the author was trying to create. Leaves you thinking and filling in the gaps.

To summarise, i really liked the book, good storyline, just wish there was a little more explanation at the end.

Haven Of Obedience
Haven Of Obedience
by Marina Anderson

2.0 out of 5 stars Found hard to finish, 19 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Haven Of Obedience (Paperback)
I gave this book a try after the front cover caught my eye, mentioning fifty shades.
I read it with an open mind and tried to stick with it but to be honest, it just got boring. There were a lot of sex scenes, some good but the storyline just did not seem believable. I did not warm to the characters and had no interest in finding out what was going to happen them. I read most of it and then flicked through the rest and read the last few pages. I was kind of hoping I would read a section and it would make me think twice about missing parts out, but it didn't.

If you like a book mainly just about sex and different scenarios and that's all, then you might enjoy this book. If you are looking for interesting characters, sex but with a juicy plot, one that grips you and it makes you read faster and faster just to get to the end of the page, then I dont think this one is for you.

Sorry I cant think of any thing else to say about this book, it has left me rather disappointed. The only good thing that came out of it was my husband was happy to have my company without my nose in a book.

Fire After Dark (After Dark Book 1)
Fire After Dark (After Dark Book 1)
by Sadie Matthews

3.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 18 Sept. 2012
First off - I enjoyed this book and will be reading book 2.

The book did take quite a while to get going. Beth and Dominic took some time meeting and involved but when they did, the story was really good. Beth's boss - James is brilliant and really adds a lot of colour to the story.

The sex scenes were good but not with as much build up as other books I've read but still quite hot.

Normally I can tell if I love a book because I can never put it down and I'm left thinking about it for some time after finishing it. And even though this book was not this for me, it is a good read and towards the end, I did begin to get engrossed..

So to sum it up, it's a steamy book with a enjoyable easy reading story line and worth a read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3