Profile for LisaLovesBooks > Reviews

Content by LisaLovesBooks

LisaLovesBooks

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Mistress (The Original Sinners: The Red Years - Book 4) (Original sinner seires)

5.0 out of 5 stars words are not a enough, 18 Aug. 2013
Loved it.. Best one so far....
absolutely brilliant, Tiff never disappoints.....made me cry, laugh, smile, the anticipation was intense. Fabulous storytelling.

Sony Xperia Z Low Profile Covert Branded PU Leather Wallet Case / Cover / Pouch / Holster - Hot Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely case, 4 Aug. 2013
Great case, protects my Sony beautifully and doesn't bulk it out too much. It does not block the camera and you can still reach the side buttons without having to remove it from the case. Great colour and when my phone is thrown in my bag with my makeup etc, it is well protected.

EYEBROW POWDER KIT HAZEL + BLONDE + DARK BROWN BY KRAZY GIRL
EYEBROW POWDER KIT HAZEL + BLONDE + DARK BROWN BY KRAZY GIRL
Offered by KrazyGirlCosmetics

5.0 out of 5 stars rivals the more expensive brand, 4 Aug. 2013
I've used a lot of different make up for my eyebrows and have to say, this one does the job perfectly. The colours are great ( I like my brows quite a medium to dark colour). It stays on for ages, blends lovely and best of all, it's a great price. Would recommend and for that price, worth a try.

Take It to the Limit
Take It to the Limit

5.0 out of 5 stars classic, 4 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Take It to the Limit (Audio CD)
As with all Hinder albums, good ballads, gritty rock songs with impressive guitar solos, they can never put a foot wrong in my book, but I do love them. There are a good 5 brill songs on this album, love it.

Beautiful Bastard (The Beautiful Series Book 1)
Beautiful Bastard (The Beautiful Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars really really good, 6 April 2013
I loved this book. I first read the sample and it gripped me from the start so I decided to purchase the whole book. The main characters are Chloe and Bennett and their intense relationship.

I loved how it was written. Some chapters are from Chloe's point of view and then suddenly I was faced with a chapter from Bennetts point of view but unlike other books I've read which have written from both sides, here the point of views didn't repeat the story but kept it moving. I really enjoyed this style of writing and I found I couldn't put it down.

It has everything, hot sex scenes, comedy, emotion, confusion. Just brilliant. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that I wanted a little bit more at the end but I think that might just be me being greedy.

I have already pre-ordered book two and will be keeping a close eye on the authors.

A brilliant weekend steamy novel....enjoy!

Beautifully Damaged
Beautifully Damaged

3.0 out of 5 stars Not terrible....not amazing, 2 April 2013
Overall, it's a good read but could only give it 3 stars due the fact that I was disappointed with a few things.
It's a romance, not a steamy novel which didn't bother me but I found it hard to connect to the characters. I don't know whether it was the lack of gripping dialogue between the 2 lovers or because the story rushed from scene to scene or even because the writing style was childlike in some places but sadly the characters and story didn't grip me.

Don't get me wrong, there are places where it's really good but then the story just plods along again.
Just wasn't feeling it but it's a nice story to read to pass the time, maybe a holiday book or to read when you cant concentrate fully on the story because its not a book I could get lost in.

I gave it 3 stars for idea of the story but for me it wasn't anything special and I wouldn't read it again.

Submit to Desire (10 Shades of Seduction Series) (Original sinner seires)
Submit to Desire (10 Shades of Seduction Series) (Original sinner seires)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiffany never fails, 24 Mar. 2013
I have read all of Tiffany Reisz's books and short stories which all tie in to her current series. To get the most out of the short stories, I think it's best to read The Siren (bk1), The Angel (bk2) and The Prince (bk3) as they are all connected. She never fails to disappoint and if you like her main books, you can have the reassurance that you will love her short stories.

They aren't your normal love stories so if you are looking for boy meets girl - hearts and flowers, then you might be better off reading something else. This book in particular is not your typical romance but it is hot and it gives you extra insight into one of her main characters Kingsley and is a good, well written short story

I can't recommend Tiffany enough.

Promises After Dark: After Dark Book 3
Promises After Dark: After Dark Book 3

3.0 out of 5 stars Beth with balls or abit boring?..., 5 Mar. 2013
I have been looking forward to this book after the second book really caught my attention. I liked Dominic in the first book but by the second I began routing for Andrei (sorry!!!!). I just found Andrei more interesting, full of fire and I just knew that if Beth and Andrei got together, there would be sheet clentching fireworks, even if it was just for a chapter. Book 2 left it showing Andrei with a chance with Beth so I was eager to read book 3.

Sadly I did feel abit disappointed by book 3. Besides the fact that nothing happened with Andrei (noooooooo) I felt the story didn't really have much fire. Dominc continues his coming and going act and Andrei just backs off and it all ends happily. So what was the point of Andrei!!!!!!!!

I liked the extra story about Mark and the snippets with Laura but all that with Andrei came to nothing and even Anna just suddenly became a good guy!!!!

Beth did show a lot of growth since the first book and became 'Beth with balls' but I just wanted soooo much more.......

To sum up, it's s nice book, easy read but just a bit of a story added on from the last day book, not really the exciting, cant put it down conclusion I was waiting for.

Thoughtless
Thoughtless

4.0 out of 5 stars In two minds, 7 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Thoughtless (Kindle Edition)
Just like Kiera, I can't make up my mind on this one! I started loving the book, then I hated it...No back to loving it. You will find this pattern mirrors the love triangle within this book.

Overall the book was good and I will read the next one. I didn't give it 5 stars because I found it quite slow to get going, then I would get gripped and then the book would slow down again and I would start skimming pages. There are some brilliant parts, parts my emotions were all over the place and it is a good read but some parts just went on and on.

As Kiera would say, I just can't decide.....!

Beneath This Man (This Man Trilogy Book 2)
Beneath This Man (This Man Trilogy Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars A different world, 1 Feb. 2013
To start off, I liked this book, maybe not as much as the first but it was still good! I think that because it didn't end on a emotional cliffhanger like the first but with a sweet ending and some unanswered questions. Yes there were quite a few typos but it didn't ruin the book. When im reading a book, I like to escape day to day life and get involved in a different world. This really did it for me. Yes there were times I would shout at Ava and times I would hate Jesse and think that I would leave him without a doubt but I don't want to read a book about a normal relationship where the characters do what I want them to do. I want to read mistakes, mad passion, stomach churning emotion and this book certainly delivers on that level.

There were times I could not put this book down and found it hard to find a chapter where I could stop reading as it was very addictive. I will be reading book 3 and I am curious where this story is going to go.......Enjoy

Page: 1 | 2 | 3