Profile for Michael > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Football Director 16 - Soccer Manager
Football Director 16 - Soccer Manager

3.0 out of 5 stars Deleted, 17 Jan. 2016
Great game it's just a shame it keeps crashing. Gets frustrating after a while...

MediaDevil Artisanphonics EB-01 Premium Wood Earphones with Built-in Microphone
MediaDevil Artisanphonics EB-01 Premium Wood Earphones with Built-in Microphone
Offered by MediaDevil

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product and service!, 12 May 2014
I listen to music 5 days a week, travelling too and from London and quality earphones are very important to me. These earphones are stylish, comfortable, well made and I couldn't be happier with them. They manage to keep out the sound of the rush hour noise, which is great!

I'm aware some people are complaining about the cable rubbing and in turn producing some noise in the earphones but I can honestly say I'm not hearing it whilst on the move.

I've never heard of this company before but will be sure to recommend them to family and friends! Their service in general was extremely professional and take customer care very seriously and have left me a very satisfied customer!

The best quality and cheapest earphones I've owned and I've been through some big names (I won't name), I can't recommend them enough!

Kitsch'n'Fun - 'Mr Frothy' Drinks Frother
Kitsch'n'Fun - 'Mr Frothy' Drinks Frother
Offered by Cutting Edge Retail

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Dec. 2010
Surprised about how good this little gizmo is! I thought it might be a bit cheap and rubbish but the power it whisks at is pretty impressive. Definitely recommend this for the price!

Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys
Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive!, 6 Dec. 2010
Over 4 years it's been since the black parade and if it takes another 4 years to create a record as good as this then I'm more than happy to wait!

As soon as I heard the single Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na) I had very little hope for the rest of the album as I personally thought it was quite weak and a little boring. Regardless of this, I purchased the album and played it with a slightly negative attitude towards it. I couldn't tell you how many times I've listened to it over the last 2 weeks, it's grown and grown and grown on me and I can't stop listening to it!

I thought it was nearly impossible to create an entire album that matches up to the black parade but well, well, well I think they may have just done it. Absolutely fantastic music and the arrangement and quantity are spot on for me. I listen to a song and look forward to the next, these guys are truly talented. 5 well earned stars from me!!..... Oh, I almost forgot, buy this album!

FIFA 11 (PS3)
FIFA 11 (PS3)
Offered by scaddingk

5.0 out of 5 stars No longer easy!, 13 Oct. 2010
This review is from: FIFA 11 (PS3) (Video Game)
Maybe the expectations for this game were too high for myself and other people after reading various critic reviews but having said that, I still believe this is a quality game.

A lot of people say that the AI is far too hard, through balls are almost impossible to make and scoring goals are far from easy resulting in a lot of 0-0's or scrappy 1-0's. I found this to be accurate and do struggle BUT this has only been the case for me after being promoted from league 2 with Southend to League 1 after the first season. My first season saw a couple of high 6-0's, 4-0's, 2-0 loses and a few draws on the Professional difficulty. I agree, the 0-0's after 16 shots on target can become infuriating because you're not doing anything wrong or different, the keeper just keeps saving EVERYTHING! But it also prevents the constant winning every game, winning every cup, winning every league, boring, boring, boring so I like the fact I'm a couple of months into my second season, fighting for a spot in the playoffs and not just winning all the time. It's also not every single game, I still came out scoring 2 or 3 in a game and I think this is the first Fifa that I've not won a cup in my first year and I've just been knocked out of the st johnstone's trophy to Leyton Orient in my second! It's harder and feels much, much more rewarding when/if you do actually win something. I like it but some may not!

Against friends and playing online is great! Lots of high scoring games and the 11vs11 is fantastic fun! Playing the ball about and picking out passes is definitely easier because the AI is very strict with man marking and tactical awareness compared to us humans who run around like headless chickens trying to grab the ball and close players down, which obviously creates more attacking opportunities.

Not too sure if others are experiencing this but once a match on my game it freezes for a few seconds then carries on! I have a 120gb slim about 2 months old so wouldn't expect it to be that but may find a patch comes out soon to rectify this but we'll see. Also, when I make a substitution at half time, the player I've taken off is shown running onto the pitch... Very strange, not a big issue but lazy programming if you ask me! Again, a patch may be released.

To sum it up, this game is great but probably won't be that fun for the people who want to win everything on the career mode because the AI is stricter in defence and tougher to score against. A tip, which I find helps a lot, is to use the one-two move (hold L1 then press X to pass) which sends players on quicker runs into space. I never used to use this in previous versions, tried it out on the new Fifa and find it works a treat sometimes. Get used to the shooting and you can score some great goals but like real football, it's more than likely to be rare and not in every game you play. It is impossible to please everyone; Make it easy it's repetitive and boring, make it hard it's just plain frustrating but remember, you can drop the difficulty level to win everything or keep it higher to keep it challenging, which previous Fifas lacked I felt. I could win everything on World Class last year, now Professional seems to be the tip of my difficulty level I feel and will be a struggle. I do recommend purchasing this game.

Audio Secrecy
Audio Secrecy

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Marmite..., 14 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Audio Secrecy (Audio CD)
I really feel that this is another strong album from Stone Sour. Granted it's not like their other two and granted it's not as heavy but I believe it still delivers the same quality as the others. Sometimes you can buy a second/third album of an artist and sounds exactly the same as the last and can tire quickly. These guys have obviously tried to create a varied sound with each album they produce, which I think shows their true talent! This album will not be for you if you are expecting a real heavy sound, it's a lot mellower than their last two. Corey said that people will love this album and people will hate this album and he's spot on but for me, I love it!

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 - Move Compatible (PS3)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 - Move Compatible (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 22 July 2010
This is the first golf game I've owned so my review will not be comparing against previous versions of Tiger Woods. I only really bought this as I'm getting into golf as a hobby and a few of my mates bought the game so we can play against each other online.

The online is great by the way. I thought I was going to have to be waiting and watching each person take their shot but it's not like that at all. As you stand over your ball, lining up your shot, you will see different coloured lines shooting off into the distance as an opponent takes their shot. This, I found, was a great way to keep matches flowing and to avoid any tedious waiting. It is smooth, fast and has loads of different types of games you can play so I'm happy!

Offline, there are loooooads of trophies that need to be won and loooooads of competitions to enter as well as little mini games. The Ryder cup is quite fun but you do have to watch each golfer take their shot but as soon as they make contact with the ball, you can skip so it's not too bad. I tried the game face uploader and am dead impressed with how it came out; it actually looks quite like me (unlike Fifa)!

Your shots are not always dead perfect, which is obviously how golf is but can improve your swing, clubs, accuracy, putting etc as the game progresses and you gain more XP. Overall I find this game thoroughly enjoyable and would recommend to anyone who just wants a great game of golf on the Playstation.

Fever
Fever
Offered by The Music Warehouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Just my opinion..., 30 April 2010
This review is from: Fever (Audio CD)
To be honest, I'm quite surprised this has had so many positive reviews on here and definitely think it's the poorer album out of the three. I am a big BFMV fan and have been to see them many times but feel that this album lacks a lot of punch unlike their previous releases.

Firstly the lyrics are poor......no, rubbish......no, awful.....actually they're on the verge of abysmal! Have a quick search for some of their lyrics (e.g. Fever) and you may agree with me. They do not flow, they do not have meaning and come across very forced. They don't reach out as if to say `this is what I'm trying to say and this is how I feel'. Get your head around the lyrics and try to ignore what they're saying and the tracks may become more appealing as some of the riffs and general structure of the songs are quite catchy!

After listening to it a few times I must admit a couple of songs have grown on me, which shows signs of a good album in my eyes. Sometimes you can buy an album that you really like after a few listens but tires very quickly. Having said this, I do not believe there are any fantastic tracks that you would highlight and shove under someone's nose and say `you need to hear this track!' Four words to choke upon, tears don't fall, all these things I hate, waking the demon, hearts burst into fire, suffocating under words of sorrow, hand of blood they are all cracking tracks which make this band so fantastic and unique but unfortunately for this album I believe there is not a single track that can match up to these.

I think it's very interesting to see so many different opinions on this album and am disappointed that I don't share any of the positive ones because I think these guys are fantastic! This is one of them albums where you need to just judge for yourself but gets 3 stars from me.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2010 5:31 PM GMT

FIFA 10
FIFA 10
Offered by bid2win-ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly disappointing!, 21 Feb. 2010
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Video Game)
I bought this game on the day it was released and thought it was great! Don't get me wrong, the gameplay is top notch and requires little improvement, however, I only really play the manager mode and feel that this season's is diabolical, which is why I've given it a mere 2 stars.

The board confidence decreases if you lose a friendly, you cannot substitute more that 3 players in a friendly, I have never had an injury that lasts longer than 1 week, an FA cup match will not go to a replay if you draw, the board moan at me for offering players money that we don't have (which you can't actually do) randomly outside of the transfer window and the face uploader is a complete waste of time and looks nothing like me!

I have been through 6 seasons and now manage Inter Milan after starting my campaign with Notts County. Well, I say I now manage Inter Milan, I got sacked for being top of the league, top of the Champions League table and losing ONE game in the Champions League because I was resting players for my next match, which was in a couple of days against AC Milan. I beat them 4-0 and then got sacked!!! So after 5 months of playing, I got the sack for losing ONE game and now am only offered rubbish jobs, which puts me back to square one. As I have auto save on, my campaign has been ruined. 2 stars, absolute garbage and waste of my time!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 18, 2010 12:35 PM GMT

Ghostbusters (PS3)
Ghostbusters (PS3)
Offered by STOCKTASTIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expected from this game, 29 July 2009
This review is from: Ghostbusters (PS3) (Video Game)
I've been waiting for this game ever since I finished Ghostbusters on the Sega Mega Drive and now it's finally here, it was well worth the wait!

The whole point of ghostbusters is to run around, zapping ghosts and trying to catch them and this game does exactly that. The sounds are spot on to the films, contains the original music, visuals are perfect, the characters look and sound exactly like the cast and the story is fun and in parts quite humorous (as were the films).

I can't fault this game; it's perfect and I am more than happy with this purchase. It took about 8 hours for me to complete the campaign (so about 2-3 weeks) and felt it was definitely enough.

Be warned though, you cannot have a multiplayer campaign offline, which was a little disappointing as it clearly says on the back 2-4 players online and 1-4 players offline. However, the online multiplayer is definitely worth a look!

Page: 1 | 2