Profile for AC > Reviews

Content by AC

AC "Dreamtripper" (UK, Sheffield)

Kodak ESP C310 All-In-One WiFi Printer for Print, Copy and Scan
Kodak ESP C310 All-In-One WiFi Printer for Print, Copy and Scan

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!!!, 14 Jun 2012
I bought this product as was informed the quality of the prints was amazing.
Sadly this could not be further from the truth, The printer I had 10 years ago printed better than this, was hoping to print my portfolio for job interviews from this, but with the quality it produced I would be waiting a hell of a time for a new job.
I am so disappointed with this product.
1 good comment however, It does print fast, so fast that the ink doesn't touch the paper in big ugly lines.
Stay away.

Learning Maya 6: Maya Unlimited Features
Learning Maya 6: Maya Unlimited Features
by Alias Learning Tools

2.0 out of 5 stars Internet is a must when using this book, 25 Aug 2010
I purchased this book in the hope to develop my skills but if you are working on an addition of Maya that is after 6 leave this book well alone, You spend half your time looking for where the features have been relocated to.
The creators of Maya like to keep you on your toes and make pointless changes to the programme. Maya is fantastic for what it does but if you expect to just flick threw this book with the greatest of ease be prepared. I am constantly opening google to try and find an answer to where everything is moved too. If you have maya 6 it's well worth a bash because when the effects are created it's mind blowing but if you are working from a later edition then purchase books for that edition only. On the whole Maya itself is a fantastic programme but be prepared to be very very patient when learning, because jobs that should take 5 minutes end up taking an hour with this particular book. Disappointed

Macromedia Flash Professional 8 Game Development with CDROM (Charles River Media Game Development)
by Glen Rhodes

2.0 out of 5 stars Must have a degree in Science to understand, 20 Nov 2009
I purchased this book as i expected the book to explain each step when creating a game, Sadly this is not true, The Flash website is about as much use aswell, SO when you come across an obstacle and can't locate something it take s a good hour to get onto the next step. I wouldn't recommend if your new to FLash or even Intermediate.
The book looked really promising showing how to make simple games but sadly the book is not detailed enough and assumes you know the programme flash like the back of your hand. Very Dissapointed. Great book is you are already a pro but then why would ou need the book in the first place ????

TRUST TB-4200 WIRELESS SCROLL TABLET
TRUST TB-4200 WIRELESS SCROLL TABLET

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled!!!, 22 Jan 2008
I ordered this product and the day after recieved it. I was very unsure on wether or not to purchase his product due to the mixed reviews but am glad that i did.

The product is cheap and great for value. The pen and mouse do seem slightly delicate but for the price u pay u cant expect the best quality. The pad was very sensitive but once i played with the settings this problem was overcome.

I create images on screen alot being into animation and this product has and will continue to be of use.
The product runs off a USB port and 2 batteries one for the pen and one for the mouse.

All in all i am very happy with this product and would reccomment this to anyone who is looking for a cheap drawing tablet. Defo thumbs up.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of thred springs to mind!!, 21 Jan 2008
I bought this gift for a partner as i was a skint student. However dont let the 9ct white gold fool you because it was as delicate as a piece of thread. I think it was meant for a barbie doll due to its length. It looked nice in the box but once out be careful not to drop it because chances are you will mistake it for a dog hair and throw it out. Cheap buy but disappointing.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious for a gift, 21 Jan 2008
I gave this to my mate as a christmas gift.

It comes in a heavy metal case and looks expensive, it also gives the impression that a pen is contained within. But when opened it is good for a laugh.

Does it work......... I aint sure i will get in touch with my friend and ask how satisfied he is.

Prepare to Board! Creating Story and Characters for Animated Features and Shorts: Creating Story and Characters for Animation Features and Shorts
by Nancy Beiman

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 21 Jan 2008
My title says it all. I was studying animation at University and had no problem thinking of and drawing characters but when it came to the story and the story boarding i usually became stuck.

This book gives you so many ideas for stories and ideas for story boarding that i no longer struggle. This book has made me more productive and has given me the inspiration to start up my own website to display my work.

Its a great book if like me you sometimes to struggl with the story, however this book is good also for tips on charatcre ideas and many other things.

A great book on the whole with many pictures if like me u need a break from reading now and again.

The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain
The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain
by Betty Edwards

4.0 out of 5 stars Draw on the Right side, 21 Jan 2008
I bought this book as was advised to by my university tutor.

I did find some of the techniques useful and it does make you think differently when drawing. I personally think this book is useful to people of all levels in drawing because the book is full of many useful tips, The only down point is that some of the techniques are rather dull. But then again no pain no gain.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) [Children's Edition]
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) [Children's Edition]
by J. K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars The world with no Hogwarts, 27 July 2007
Yet again JK Rowling has banged out another great book. I will be sad to not read about Harry anymore but at the same time think she brought the books to an end at a good time before people became fed up hearing about him. The book is packed full of action and surprises. There is a part in the middle that made me yawn slightly but alot needed explaining so i guess this was necessary. Overall this book was fantastic and if you are reading this and have not read any of the books but maybe seen the films, then trust me read these books the films do not give any of the books justice......well maybe the goblet of Fire was pretty much on the ball but the rest were dissappointing. Read these books you wont be able to put them down as my manager found out when she saw me reading them while i was supposed to be working......oppsy.

Maya 8 at a Glance
Maya 8 at a Glance
by George Maestri

2.0 out of 5 stars Good but not good enough, 27 July 2007
This review is from: Maya 8 at a Glance (Paperback)
I personally thought that this book was a bit advanced. It didn,t have a detailed enough walk through. It would have a final image split into the stages to have the reader personally create it but would not give a good enough description on how to actually create the same look as in the book. The book also expected the reader to instantly know what complicated terms were after reading through the first section of the book which meant alot of flicking back and forth. However the book does give a good example of the images that can be created but personally i would not have picked this book.