Profile for pamela buxton > Reviews

Content by pamela buxton

pamela buxton

Red Skies (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughter, Book 4)
Red Skies (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughter, Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars She writes so touchingly about the life that the scavenger and his family lead and I felt sad when I came to the end of book 4, 21 July 2014
I have to say I am TOTTALLY hooked on Kay Bratt's stories set in China. She writes so touchingly about the life that the scavenger and his family lead and I felt sad when I came to the end of book 4. I wanted more!

The Scavenger's Daughters (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughter, Book 1)
The Scavenger's Daughters (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughter, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars delightful, 11 May 2014
I found this book a delightful and uncomplicated read. The horrors of a life as a 'scavenger' were described throgh the character Benjy's eyes, and his constant lookout for abandoned girls was heartwarming. The enforced simplicity of the life he and his wife and numerous 'daughters' were forced to lead gave one food for thought.
I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a 'thoughtful' read...

The Litigators
The Litigators

5.0 out of 5 stars as good as ever..., 3 May 2014
This review is from: The Litigators (Kindle Edition)
Once again I gave John Grisham 5 stars. I do so enjoy his books, apart from one, but thats another story. As usual his writing demands my attention and this particular story line was very thought provoking.

L'Oreal Concealer Beige 30 Minerals Powder
L'Oreal Concealer Beige 30 Minerals Powder
Offered by TheCosmeticsShop

2.0 out of 5 stars not great, 28 Mar 2014
This is a rather disappointing product, unlike an excellant cover cresm I bought in America years ago which completely 'disappears' blemishes, unlike this powder.

The Walls of Byzantium (The Mistra Chronicles Book 1)
The Walls of Byzantium (The Mistra Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars what a book, 22 Mar 2014
This is one of the finest books I have read for a long time. I plan to re read it very soon as the details were so fascinating I don't believe I absorbed them all fully. I also can't wait to read the sequel. I would recommend this to anyone interested in the history of the 1300's and the way it shaped so much of later events. I can't wait to read thesequl, I'm writing it twice I know but that is how I feel.

The Shell Seekers
The Shell Seekers

5.0 out of 5 stars a good holiday read., 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Shell Seekers (Kindle Edition)
This was a delightful story - perfect holiday read, not demanding but interesting enough to make the reader want to knoe how it was going to work out. I found the ending a bit predictably corney though.

Waiting For Spring
Waiting For Spring

5.0 out of 5 stars first book I've read by this author - it will not be the last, 29 Jan 2014
I found it a very touching story...
it was a well written book with beautifully drawn characters that made one empathise.