Profile for Murshed Choudhury > Reviews

Content by Murshed Choudhury

Murshed Choudhury

Asus AMD Radeon HD 6670 Graphics Card (2GB, DDR3, PCI Express 2.1, HDMI, DVI-D, VGA, AMD CrossFireX Technology, Super Alloy Power)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very reliable, 30 May 2014
I upgraded to the 6670 because of incompatibilities between my then present on-board graphics chip and Ubuntu 13.10.

Haven't had any problems with the card as such, though I never accounted for the extra heat that it would produce, my system runs around 4 - 5degs hotter than it used to, both as a result of the heat that they throw off and the fact that it takes up space in my tight chassis that was previously empty.

I use it to power a dual-monitor configuration, a 1920*1200 primary monitor and a 1680*1050 secondary, mostly for dev and design work. I don't play games so I have no idea what the card is like under serious stress.

Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB 6GB/S Internal SATA Drive
Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB 6GB/S Internal SATA Drive
Offered by Box Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid drive, 30 May 2014
I installed a couple of these for friends and family, having ordered the drives through Amazon for them. And both are working perfectly to date.

When I upgrade my NAS, I think these are the drives I'm going to buy for it.

Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball - Graphite [UK Model]
Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball - Graphite [UK Model]

3.0 out of 5 stars Initial impressions, 12 Dec. 2013
I've been a long term user of Logitech mice, since moving over from the Microsoft white two-button (no wheel) model sometime in the late '90s.

This is the first trackball I've purchased and the second one I've ever used - having had a Kensington one for work, a few years ago - and I have to say that it's not that difficult to adjust to.

My 'big' issue is the size, or lack thereof. It really is quite tiny, and even my average-sized hands feel like they're too big for it. It would have been a lot better, usability-wise, it if had been say 5% larger overall.

The weight is also disappointing and, along with the plastic's texture and finish, conveys a feeling of cheapness that this product doesn't deserve. A little more heft and it would be perfect in this regard.

I'm using it with my Linux OSes, both OpenSuse and Ubuntu, but have yet to configure the back and forward buttons. The basic functionality is fine for me, right now.

Aside from these, somewhat superficial complaints, I don't really have any initial problems or difficulties with the product. It's good as an input/pointing device and the thumb-controlled ball feels more natural than the Kensington finger-tip controlled one did.

Chinatown (Special Collector's Edition) [1974] [DVD]
Chinatown (Special Collector's Edition) [1974] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jack Nicholson
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 31 July 2013
Brilliant story, faintly humorous direction by Polanski and fantastic lead performance by Jack Nicholson.

The many layers/threads of the story are all finely assembled and interleaved, with little to feel cheated on.

Network [DVD] [1976]
Network [DVD] [1976]
Dvd ~ Faye Dunaway

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic film, 31 July 2013
This review is from: Network [DVD] [1976] (DVD)
Classic film, great monologues and, if anything, slightly less cynical than the actual media industry. The DVD's picture and audio quality is good, could have done with some extra features though.

Prince of Darkness [ 1987 ] Widescreen - Uncut
Prince of Darkness [ 1987 ] Widescreen - Uncut
Dvd ~ Donald Pleasence
Offered by ____THE_BEST_ON_DVD____

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite horror flicks., 31 July 2013
This and They Live are the best JC films ever (in my opinion, ofcourse).

Wonderfully paced, scored and acted. Shame the FX budget wasn't up to much, but then the creature hardly mattered.

Good DVD quality.

28 Days Later/28 Weeks Later [Blu-ray]
28 Days Later/28 Weeks Later [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Robert Carlyle

3.0 out of 5 stars Good zombie flicks, 31 July 2013
Not a fan of the genre, but having watched 28 days ... I liked the local(ish) setting and thought the boxset was worth a gamble.

The sequel isn't as strong as the original, the kids annoy, but the zombies still manage to convince and keep things stressful.

Coupling: Complete BBC Series 1-4 Box Set (Special Collectors Edition) [2000] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jack Davenport

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing much to say really, 31 July 2013
Unrealistic couplings between surreal characters, in very mundane settings... (reads like a technical manual?)

Very funny, never likely to forget Jeffrey's contributions to the english language.

Great boxset, shame my friend's nicked mine...