Profile for Owen Flatley > Reviews

Content by Owen Flatley

Owen Flatley (Galway, Ireland)

Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox: How a Little-Known Vitamin Could Save Your Life
by Kate Rheaume-Bleue

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring research offering hope for our future personal health, 9 May 2013
I thought the book, despite being a bit repetitive in parts was fascinating and inspiring. It offered solid research not driven by corporations. I hope it becomes a best seller. People like Monsanto are in business because people buy their products, and because they are cheap. Low fat, low carb, low cholesterol are all bogus words of entrapment invented by people selling you cheap stuff of poor quality for a high profit. You need to make your own choices, change your mindset, pay a bit more for food that's good for you. You need to see the big picture and educate yourself, nobody is going to hold your hand. in a world driven by economics and not health generation or sustainability the future is in the hands of the people handing over their hard earned cash. This book should hopefully offer you a chance to start on the positive road to health rather than a stab in the dark at something you hope might work.

Winner's Bible, The: Rewire Your Brain for Permanent Change (Winners Institute)
Winner's Bible, The: Rewire Your Brain for Permanent Change (Winners Institute)
by Kerry Spackman

5.0 out of 5 stars Engages the reader to think for themselves, 26 Oct 2012
This book was recommended by a friend of mine who thought it was good. I tend to run the other direction from anything resembling a self help book or teachers in the art of success, but I said I'd have a look anyway. After reading it I am 100% sure that you can make your life more fulfilling using the tools outlined in the book. It's not a one path suits all approach, or a list of do's and don'ts, more a couple of gentle nudges and psychological thought provokers to get you to think about current directions your life is taking. As he says himself, you get out what you put in. It's a continious and participatory process, but I think this is the main appeal. The author constantly promotes his work throughout the book like he's discovered something only a select few in the world could be tuned into, but I'll put that down as enthusiasm and being an over zealous marketer. In conclusion, I can only say, you won't be disappointed.

Fit to Fight: An Insanely Effective Strength and Conditioning Program for the Ultimate Warrior
by jason ferruggia
Price: 12.85

5.0 out of 5 stars A breath of fresh air, 15 Aug 2010
I suppose always hopeful that the hype on the front cover will live up to what lies written on the pages underneath, I had a quick flick through the book after buying it. There wasn't any initial sense that the book was any more insightful from a quick glance at the photo's. Then I started to read it. From then on, I could hardly put it down. I felt like someone had been spying on my workouts over the last few years, tweeked them, made sense of them and made them better. And of course loads of stuff I hadn't seen or heard about before. It was like eating your favourite chocolate bar and being delighted that this wasn't going to give you a sick stomach. In fact, this was going to give you abs like you never had before. Not the best analogy, but I just loved the honesty. This was telling it like it is. This is what you have to do to achieve this, and it works. Of course the book alone won't make you fit, you actually have to follow the methodology, but it's a roadmap for greatness. After years of wading through the rubbish that is out there, this was inspiring. I couldn't wait to finish the book and start training. Definitely recommended.