Profile for Mr. A. Thomas > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Agnetha Fältskog: The Girl with the Golden Hair
Agnetha Fältskog: The Girl with the Golden Hair
by Daniel Ward

3.0 out of 5 stars I have read this book and thoroughly enjoyed it. There are some nice photographs and the ..., 15 May 2016
I have read this book and thoroughly enjoyed it. There are some nice photographs and the book is an easy read ,as an abba/agnetha fan for over 30 years though I have not read anything about her that I don't already know.

Original Album Series
Original Album Series

5.0 out of 5 stars Cillas albums 65-70., 30 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
Cillas first five albums are released at last in there original artwork and in a nice little box. I have all of these great recordings on various releases but its nice to have them in mini album form, the sound is great as they were remastered in 2003 . This set should pave the way for cillas next five album releases from the Emi group-that is if we all support this release and a great bargain for five albums at under 13 pound.

TV Choice - TV Themes
TV Choice - TV Themes

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish., 12 Dec. 2015
This review is from: TV Choice - TV Themes (Audio CD)
I was looking forward to this cd as it has some of my favourite Tv show themes. There I was waiting to play Dallas and Last of the summer wine .Then I realised that its some cheap music that sounds like it was on an organ circa 1980s.avoid it its terrible.

Moods
Moods

4.0 out of 5 stars I have been looking for this beautiful piece of music/song for years The purchase price alone ..., 15 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Moods (Audio CD)
I purchased this album for one song only Nocturne by secret Garden this song went on to win the Eurovision song contest in 94/95?.I have been looking for this beautiful piece of music/song for years The purchase price alone is worth it for this Song. There are some other nice chill-out songs on this 2 disc set including arrival by Abba-an instrumental piece with the girls harmonising along with the Music then there is the music from merry Christmas Mr Lawrence. Other notable songs on this set are the theme from chariots of fire and the Jon and Vangelis ill find my way home. pure class.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2015 10:19 AM GMT

Drive Medical C017 Folding Commode
Drive Medical C017 Folding Commode
Offered by Betterlife at LloydsPharmacy

4.0 out of 5 stars apart from that its a great buy and saves me a restless night when I ..., 2 Oct. 2014
I am giving this commode 4 stars due to its price[cheap],however its quite hard to put the bucket underneath the chair..apart from that its a great buy and saves me a restless night when I hear my mother struggling up the stairs to the loo.

Live At Wembley Arena
Live At Wembley Arena
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars Abba Great live., 2 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Live At Wembley Arena (Audio CD)
Abba live in its entirety at Wembley is something that I have wanted for many a year.The first live album which was released in 86 and bombed in the charts-was a mix of live shows from 77,79 and 81,it sounded too polished for me and that album didn't work for me.This new release however is brilliant,Its nice to hear the live versions of Rock me,Intermezzo no1 and Fernando and compare them to the 77 concerts from Abba the movie.I agree with one reviewer on here who says that this concert sound is a bit tinnier-compared with the 77 concerts filmed in the movie-lets not forget though that the songs on the movie were filmed in Panavision and the sound was as would be expected much better.I bought this cd too for agnethas heart rendereing Im still alive-her voice shows all the emotion and turmoil that she has gone through that year 1979 due to her divorce from Bjorn. I am a huge Agnetha fan,however her voice doesn't sound as strong live as Fridas does.

The Street to Recovery
The Street to Recovery
by Kevin Kennedy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read., 12 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Street to Recovery (Paperback)
I bought this book two days ago and have just finished reading It.This book is an honest life story with the beginning starting with his bad problems with alcoholism and rehabilitation..This book is a cant put down book-I Like the stories of the coronation street years,his younger days being a friend of Johnny Marr[ex smiths] his love of music and he comes across as a really nice bloke.Kevins portrayal of curly watts was spot on.In my opinion he really shone in the role as randy Regs sidekick in the supermarket-as one reviewer has pointed out,would love to see them both back in the street..

ABBA: All The Top 40 Hits
ABBA: All The Top 40 Hits
by Craig Halstead

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Abba Chart Stats., 10 April 2014
I have just received this great book from Amazon. If you love Abba and are interested in how well they sold worldwide-then this is the book for you. The book lists all singles and albums that charted before during and after Abba, Hep stars, Agnetha and Frida solo, Hootenany singers, chess and Abba related. This book shows all the singles/albums chart entry dates, weeks on charts. The countries include Abba's stronghold loyal fan bases in UK, Germany, Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Australia and New Zealand, as well as USA, Canada, France, South Africa, South American countries and Japan too plus many more.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2014 7:25 PM GMT

The Very Best Of
The Very Best Of
Offered by the_record_factory

5.0 out of 5 stars Cilla..You are my world., 23 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Very Best Of (Audio CD)
This cd/dvd,is pure class from start to finish.The cd contains all the hits-step inside love,alfie,the beautiful[a fool am I]and many more classic 60's hits.Being a huge cilla fan I have these recordings,this is a must buy though,as it also contains two remixed versions of her songs-Imagine..and Faded images.Now the dvd-cilla at the savoy,i am so impressed by her live singing,her patter with the audience,she was/is an all round entertainer.The songs on the dvd are pure gold,the standout tracks for me are-yesterday,if I had a hammer[the audience joins in],whats a nice kid like you doing in a place like this?.This tv special was recorded in 1966,a top 10 ratings winner,also this year cilla had a no4 album and 4 chart hits,three were top 10 ten and one was top 15.Finally thank you cilla for the great music over the years,Happy 50th.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2015 6:56 PM BST

To Each and Everyone: The Songs Of Gerry Rafferty
To Each and Everyone: The Songs Of Gerry Rafferty

5.0 out of 5 stars Barbara in fine voice., 15 Sept. 2013
Well done Barbara-one of your very best albums[full circle also].When I first seen the Tracklisting,i wondered why you would attempt to try and cover Baker Street-but you have done-and beautifully done too.Your voice is so pure,i like the way you have stripped the songs down,you can hear every instrument being played.The waters of forgetfulness,and The album title are also personal faves of mine,hope to see you on tour soon Barbara-you are the best.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3