Profile for Mrs. Kathy Coleman > Reviews

Mrs. Kathy Coleman (uk)

Into the Darkest Corner
Into the Darkest Corner

5.0 out of 5 stars couldn't put it down, 11 Aug 2014
It was different to anything I'd read before. The characters were revealed and developed as you read on.
The best thing was that it was NOT predictable, something I hate. It kept me on my toes and surprised me so many times. Just as you think you know what is happening all changes and it's not what you think.

This book is dark and a bit scary as it could happen to anyone!

I recommended this to everyone who'd listen.

Kane and Abel 30th Anniversary Edition
Kane and Abel 30th Anniversary Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 25 Jun 2012
This was the first Geoffrey Archer book I had read but I will be reading more. I couldn't put it down. The two main characters so different but so alike in many ways. The way their lives became Intwined was so well done. The history brought into the story line only added interest. I would recommend this book wholeheartedly, and I never liked Mr Archer, but he can certainly write.

An Accident Waiting to Happen
An Accident Waiting to Happen

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 25 Jun 2012
Took this on holiday after reading reviews. What a waste of time. It was like reading a boring diary, I thought what I was reading was the prelim to an exciting unpredictable ending but what an anti climax, it just finished, sorry I wasted time and even paid for this!

See Inside Your Body (Usborne Flap Books) (Usborne See Inside)
See Inside Your Body (Usborne Flap Books) (Usborne See Inside)
by Katie Daynes
Edition: Board book

3.0 out of 5 stars Scary for young ones?, 10 Aug 2010
I bought two of these for my grandchildren as they are often asking about where their food goes, and tracing their fingers along their tummies etc. I thought you would see a picture of a child (with skin!) then a flap would reveal what was underneath. However the picture before you get to the flap was without skin and I thought the grandchildren (both under 4) might find them a bit scary.
I think this is still a good book and will be hanging on to them until the grandchildren get a bit older.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2011 1:32 PM BST

Beginners Cookbook (Usborne Cookbooks)
Beginners Cookbook (Usborne Cookbooks)
by Fiona Watt
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandma's little helper, 9 July 2010
I had given my granddaughter (3 yrs) a bowl to mix and sweets to put on cakes etc. but now we have this book, she can do more, follows the pictures and even tells me what to do next. It adds another dimension to cooking with Granny!

HP iPAQ Data Messenger Phone and Organiser with Windows Mobile 6.1 and Touch Screen

1.0 out of 5 stars don't bother, 26 Jun 2010
I agree with everything said by the previous reviewer. I like the keyboard but nothing else, photos not good and difficult to take but I particularly found problems touching the screen. I kept getting the wrong thing and several times phoned one of my friends when I was trying to text another! Scrolling through texts I found it worked better to touch the black plastic at the side rather than the scroll bar as I kept opening texts I didn't want. In the middle of texts I kept getting a pop up asking me to choose an internet connection which stopped the text. No - this is going back today.

Pearson's Canal Companion to the Oxford & Grand Union Canals (Pearsons Canal Companions)
by Michael Pearson

4.0 out of 5 stars pearsons, 28 May 2006
This is the 10th pearsons I have bought. I have tried other maps including Nicholsons and find these are the easiest to follow and have lots of interesting and amusing passages. They are written as the canal has been navigated so it's like having someone on board giving you a guided tour - brilliant. The only thing is that you may need to buy updates and sometimes you find things are different but that will apply to all maps, that aside I would recommend all Pearsons guides above the others.