Profile for Becca > Reviews

Starlings [DVD] [2012]
Starlings [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Matt King

4.0 out of 5 stars Good entertainment, 13 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Starlings [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
I love this series. It's an easy, heartwarming watch about a large family. I love the whole togetherness of the whole family, and though sometimes the action drags a bit, it's the characters that are the most interesting. They're all well-rounded individuals, who function alone and as part of the family unit, and there's a nice edge of comedy juxtaposed against more darker (for want of a better word) themes. I'm really enjoying the series, Sky has produced some great shows this year. :)

Dead To Me: Scott & Bailey series 1
Dead To Me: Scott & Bailey series 1
by Cath Staincliffe

5.0 out of 5 stars Loyal to TV, 4 May 2012
As far as characterisation goes, this is loyal to the TV show, but original too. There's a lot of back story about the characters, but it all flows seamlessly into their current murder investigation. I actually couldn't put this book down, and I am quite picky when it comes to reading. I hope Staincliffe writes another Scott and Bailey novel, and if not she has enough other books for me to choose from.

Stella: [DVD] [2012]
Stella: [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Ruth Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 19 April 2012
This review is from: Stella: [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
Slight spoilers, beware! I love Gavin and Stacey, so when I saw this new comedy by Ruth Jones I thought I'd give it a go. I wasn't dissappointed! The characters are all funny and memorable, I'm really looking forward to what this series produces next. Also, Emma and Sunil's plotline is a different look at the whole teenage pregnancy thing -- it felt very original the way it's written/portrayed, and I think that's something because I usually find it to be quite a predictable topic on tv/literature.

This is well worth a watch. I've bought the dvd and I've watched it several times already -- I'm not bored of it yet, lol.