ARRAY(0xa2b16150)

Profile for James S. > Reviews

Content by James S.

James S.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Acer T272HLBMIDZ 27-inch Monitor 16:9 FHD ZeroFrame VA LED Touch 5 ms 100M:1 300 nits DVI HDMI MM USB Hub Acer EcoDisplay
Price: 387.50

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE SO MUCH, 25 Jan 2014
It's amazing being able to alternate between keyboard, mouse ... AND SCREEN.

It improves my efficiency so much. Sometimes a mere press on the screen is so much more intuitive and easier to do that use my mouse or keyboard.

The stand is also amazing and allows me to be dynamic with the way I work. If I'm collaborating with someone on a project I just pop it down and we can use it like some futuristic massive touchscreen.

IF YOU ARE USING FOR THE FIRST TIME:

The stand seems to be reluctant to fully come out; this is normal and it won't break if you apply a lot of force to budge it. It should "click" and it will be fine. I spent about half an hour working that one out worried that forcing it would damage it. The resistance thing is what makes it sturdy - don't be afraid :)

Samsung Slim Retail External DVD Writer - Red
Samsung Slim Retail External DVD Writer - Red
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for mac; Good for pc, 25 Jan 2014
I have a PC, my flatmate has a mac and this works on both. Does what it claims to do and isn't too noisy. Highly recommend if you need a portable drive particularly for thin laptops that don't come with the necessary technology to support a DVD drive.

Corsair CML16GX3M2A1600C10 Vengeance Low Profile 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL10 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Kit Black
Price: 114.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of ram, 25 Jan 2014
I use photoshop, run a virtual webserver and regularly have tonnes of programs open at once so this works extremely well with no compromises to any of the software items I am operating.

Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Full Version)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Full Version)
Offered by LambdaTek ComponentShop
Price: 103.30

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 25 Jan 2014
Windows 8 works well for me. I have a 27" touchscreen monitor.

I think the negative reviews are primarily from people who are afraid of change. This product is a step in the right direction for the future of computing. The tablet-craze is upon us and this facilitates that trend whilst staying true to fundamental constituents to what comprises a desktop/laptop.

I recommend.

Samsung 24x Retail SATA DVD Writer
Samsung 24x Retail SATA DVD Writer
Offered by Thames Consultants Ltd
Price: 11.25

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT QUIET, 25 Jan 2014
All those commenting on it being quiet must be deaf. When in use this product kicks up a storm. I was using this at night thinking it'd be silent and it woke my flatmate up in another room with the door closed.

It does what it claims to do - just not silently.

Asus GTX 770 Nvidia GeForce DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (PCI Express 3.0, HDMI, DVI-I, DVI-D, Display Port, 256 Bit, 3D Vision Ready, GPU Boost 2.0)
Offered by AV-ELECTRONIX GmbH
Price: 242.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 25 Jan 2014
I'm not a massive gamer - I play sims 3 and simcity. BUT these adjust my settings automatically to make everything work optimally with my CPU/GPU combination.

Concord Contrast Ring Binder Laminated O-Ring  Capacity 25mm A4 Assorted Ref 82203 [Pack of 10]
Concord Contrast Ring Binder Laminated O-Ring Capacity 25mm A4 Assorted Ref 82203 [Pack of 10]
Offered by Shoplet-UK
Price: 19.54

1.0 out of 5 stars Loads of purple, 25 Jan 2014
Overpriced ringbinders and didn't get an assortment at all. I got no yellow or blue ones and tonnes of purple ones. I'm so disappointed. These are hardly cheap - I can get similar off the high-street for much cheaper; it's just hard to find the colours. I thought I'd splurge a bit as there was the variety.

I would strongly advise against making a purchase.

18" x 18" Cushion Inners Pads (46cm x 46cm) - Set Of 4
18" x 18" Cushion Inners Pads (46cm x 46cm) - Set Of 4
Offered by DLF Wholesale
Price: 5.24

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 25 Jan 2014
They're so squidgy. I use one for my bed - my duvet set came with a cushion case so I bought some cheap cushions for that. But that is the only instance I can think of where these cushions are useful. No good for propping your back up on a sofa.

GEL EYE MASK - ICE COOL RELAXING SOOTHING TIRED EYE PAD
GEL EYE MASK - ICE COOL RELAXING SOOTHING TIRED EYE PAD
Offered by value 4 money
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very relaxing., 25 Jan 2014
Tend to wear this whilst watching tv or even trying to sleep. It is extremely relaxing and easy to use - highly recommend.

Salisbury Red Bed in a Bag Double Size
Salisbury Red Bed in a Bag Double Size
Offered by DLF Wholesale
Price: 13.04

5.0 out of 5 stars So pretty... wash separately though, 25 Jan 2014
I put a colour catcher with the duvet cover alone and realised that the colour catcher came out very red, which would mess up white areas of the bedding, so either wash separately, or use a colour catcher. I would recommend doing both as the red on the pillowcases seemed to run onto the catcher too - not so much though.#

The feel is very nice, and it's so cheap.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3