Profile for Smiley Parcel > Reviews

The Low Carb High Fat Cookbook
The Low Carb High Fat Cookbook
by Sten Sture Skaldeman

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring on the cream and butter., 25 Feb. 2015
When I first received this, my first ever LCHF cook book, I had no idea how to implement this new lifestyle. To be honest I loved the book, it is so amusing kinda wacky and different. But I flinched at some of the ideas. A few months further on and a lot more research and understanding of LCHF under my belt and I now know that all the information that you need is here in this amazing book. The other thing to recommend it is that it is a real blokey book. In other words ideal for the single male needing to adopt this amazing lifestyle.

Low-carb Living for Families
Low-carb Living for Families
by Monique Le Roux Forslund

5.0 out of 5 stars Family Food, 25 Feb. 2015
we need it.This is our go to cook book for the family. I would like more specifically for children's recipes. When is Monique going to write another book?

Indian Food & Cooking: 170 Classic Recipes Shown Step-by-step
Indian Food & Cooking: 170 Classic Recipes Shown Step-by-step
by Husain Shehzad

4.0 out of 5 stars Spice is nice., 25 Feb. 2015
Gorgeous ideas for quick midweek meals. Balti means stir fry. Everyday ingredients lovely photos and I love the step by step guide. Anyone can make these meals. And they are worth making. Every dish has become a family favourite. I have marked it down to a 4/5 only because some of the recipes have been too bland and I have added extra spice.

The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living: An Expert Guide to Making the Life-Saving Benefits of Carbohydrate Restriction Sustainable and Enjoyable
by RD, Jeff S. Volek PhD

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read., 25 Feb. 2015
This has to be a must read for anyone interested in their health but particularly if you have T2D. Type 2 Diabetes.
I found it scientific but easy to follow and to understand. The information is presented in a very user friendly fashion and succinctly.
It the one book to give to your GP or Family Doctor.

200 Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes: Easy Recipes to Jumpstart Your Low-Carb Weight Loss (Garden Guides)
by Dana Carpender

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome but very American., 25 Feb. 2015
Some amazing ideas and concisde information. However it is a USA cookbook so some recipes/ingredients are not going to work. But a big thank you none the less.

Fat Fast Cookbook: 50 Easy Recipes to Jump Start Your Low Carb Weight Loss
Fat Fast Cookbook: 50 Easy Recipes to Jump Start Your Low Carb Weight Loss
by Dana Carpender

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 25 Feb. 2015
Great ideas but a bit intense. Not sure I need to be that rigorous.

Living Low Carb: Controlled-Carbohydrate Eating for Long-Term Weight Loss
Living Low Carb: Controlled-Carbohydrate Eating for Long-Term Weight Loss
by PhD

5.0 out of 5 stars Bible for people who love their bodies., 8 Aug. 2013
This was addictive reading over a weekend. I could not get enough of it. It is an easy and informative read. I am a Type Two Diabetic now no longer using insulin, so low carbing has literally not only changed my life but probably extended it. Thanks Jonny.

The Great Cholesterol Myth: Why Lowering Your Cholesterol Won't Prevent Heart Disease-and the Statin-Free Plan That Will
by Jonny Bowden

5.0 out of 5 stars Counterintuitive, 8 Aug. 2013
This little text flies in the face of modern 'perceived' wisdom regarding diet and cholesterol.

All I can say is that anything that can help reduce the need for dangerous drugs to manage cholesterol has got to be worth it. Some great 'go to' facts to show GP's.

It is counter intuitive though - we are all so brainwashed about 'fats' being bad. But it's sugar that's the real killer and fats are OK.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2014 10:08 AM BST

Interactive Storytelling: Developing Inclusive Stories for Children and Adults
Interactive Storytelling: Developing Inclusive Stories for Children and Adults
by Keith Park
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 8 Aug. 2013
I am a Speech and Language therapist and this is now my third copy of Keith Park's excellent book. I use it all the time with special needs kids of all ages in mainstream or in special schools.

We need more of this please....

Whatever Next!
Whatever Next!
by Jill Murphy

4.0 out of 5 stars Blast off., 21 May 2013
This review is from: Whatever Next! (Paperback)
Wasn't sure about this unknown book - I got it because we are doing Space as out theme at school this term - and it fits wonderfully. We shall have such fun with this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3