Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Buckinghamshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Bosch PSA 700 E Multi-Saw
Bosch PSA 700 E Multi-Saw

4.0 out of 5 stars Very powerful addition to my tools, 15 Oct. 2015
I bought this to cut down the mass of aging ivy that was threatening the stability of my garden fence. Many of the branches were too thick to cut with a hedge trimmer and difficult to get to with a hand saw. This saw was a marvel and cut through it with ease.

I shall use it as well for chopping up some of the other stuff that is littering up the junk corner of the garden (old seat & bench) that needs to be taken to the skip for disposal.

Datacolor Spyder5PRO Colorimeter with USB Connector
Datacolor Spyder5PRO Colorimeter with USB Connector

5.0 out of 5 stars Very accurate monitor calibration tool, 15 Oct. 2015
I've had several Spyder calibrators in the past and having moved to a brand new super PC and the Adobe CC suite I decide to terat myself and bought this upgrade from my trusty Spyder4.
This version has improved in many areas and is slightly easier to use than the 3. I've used it to calibrate my monitors on the PC & Laptop without trouble and shall use it regularly in future.

Photoshop: The Complete Beginners Guide Box Set To Mastering Photoshop In 24 Hours Or Less! (Graphic Design, Adobe Photoshop, Digital Photography, Creativity)

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, unfinished and not worth downloading, 15 Oct. 2015
A Total waste of time.

Loads of text about tools, etc but no indication on how to navigate the myriad icons in PS to find the one you need.
I help out with a group for amateur photographers, many who are very adept but have not used, or only used Elements to edit their photos. In order to help them out I shared the link to this guide, so I needed to read through it and practice the articles so that I could help them if needed.
I then found it frustrating that I couldn't use the book as it assumed a level of knowledge that a newcomer wouldn't have.

Example: Chapter 3 give a list of essential shortcuts but then Chap 4 jumps in with layers and tells you to set the foreground colour with no explanation of how to do that and goes on to use the Paint Bucket tool to change the colour. - no idea where that can be found.

I abandoned reading any more as it looks like an unfinished set of notes for a possible new book and is the opposite of what a newcomer needs.

Not recommended

Komputerbay SD / SDHC / MMC Card to Compact Flash Type II High Speed Adapter
Komputerbay SD / SDHC / MMC Card to Compact Flash Type II High Speed Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Initial tests show that it works, 31 May 2015
I wanted this to enable me to use an SD WiFi card in my Canon 5DII.

My aim is to find a way of sharing photos with models and trainees on Tablet computers during live photoshoots.
So far I've only had time to do a quick check that it does work but not an full active appraisal.

Reviews on some other reviews reported that the adapter was shielding the WiFi connection, so that will have to be tested as well. Once tetsing is completed I shall write a full report

Eggsnow Autofocus Macro Extension Tube Set for Fujifilm FX X-E1 X-E2 X-Pro1 X-A1 X-M1 SLR DSLR (2 Rings:10mm, 16mm, Usable in Any Combination)- Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful add on to my recent Fuii X series camera., 11 Feb. 2015
Very useful add on to my recent Fuii X series camera. Being electronic it retains all camera/lens functions so no fiddling about with manual exposure. focus issues. Now feel much more confident doing macro stuff. I make scale models in various scales and have become the resident photographer for the club i an a member of Each month i photograph the models that the members bring along and this little gadget has made life much easier.
Comment Comment | Permalink

VonShef 4 Portion Contact Grill / Griddle / Sandwich Press with Removable Non-Stick Plates, Free 2 Year Warranty

4.0 out of 5 stars Very versatile Grill / Griddle, 11 Feb. 2015
I bought an alternative griddle from a local shop but I was very unimpressed with it. The handle wobbled alarmingly, no temperature control and felt very cheap and nasty so took it back, got a refund and looked on Amazon for something better.
This one stood out as it offered so much more for similar money. Although it had no reviews, but ordered on, knowing i could get a refund if I didn't like it.
First impressions are very favorable, despite the Chinglish translation of the instruction booklet it was easy to work out how it worked.
The only downside:First try and it resolutely stayed cold. I then found that the control knob had to be turned 180 degrees to bring it on. There is a hidden position at the bottom of the dial which if the off position. A marking on the knob would have clarified matters , but once you find it, never forgotten.
The fixing of the removable hotplates, (one of the features that made be choose this item) is a bit hit and miss. You get the knack after a few tries but it could be better.
Overall it has been in daily use producing Panini’s for lunch and I shall get a bit more adventurous and try producing burgers, etc. for my young grandchildren who will be us for next weeks half term

niceeshop(TM) Mini Soft Release Button For Fujifilm FX Fuji X E1xE1 X100 X10 ( Black )
Offered by Cosy-Zone

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea but not practical., 16 Jan. 2015
These little buttons re quite nice but don't fit properly into a standard cable release thread and keep falling out. I've now lost several of these from various suppliers so do without.

Canon PIXMA iP7250 Colour Inkjet Printer
Canon PIXMA iP7250 Colour Inkjet Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little printer, 16 Jan. 2015
Brilliant little machine. I've had printers from Epson and others before and they have been excellent. The trouble with some of them was that the ink would dry in the heads if they are not used frequently, leading to time and ink wastage cleaning the heads.
Finally I grew exasperated and tried a small Canon printer, primarily because, as a photographer, I wanted to be able to print on CDs. This printer became my daily printer for almost everything and I had no problems until, finally The print head gave out and it would cost more to replace the head than buy a new printer. So I purchased this. This has WiFi bulit in so I can send stuff from my Laptop or Tablet.

I was so impressed that I recommended that a friend get a Canon printer as well. She wanted one that included a scanner so went for the CANON PIXMA MG5550 All-in-One Wireless Inkjet Printer and is equally satisfied with it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2015 1:23 PM GMT

DSLRKIT Thumbs Up Grip for Canon EOS M G11 G12 G15 G1X NIKON P7100 P7700 COOLPIX A,Fujifilm X100 X100S X-E1 X20 X-pro1 Pentax Q Q7 Q10 K10, Leica X Vario D-Lux 6 5 X2 ME M9 M9-P M8(Black)
Offered by Cameramarket UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Not much use if you want to use the flash hotshoe, 16 Jan. 2015
Not very practical. It fitted OK to my Fuji X-Pro1 but didn't feel right somehow. Also by using an allen screw to fit it, i have left it off most of the time so I could use a flashgun or remote trigger in the hotshoe.

E-PRANCE® New G1W Novatek 2.7" Car Dashcamera Driving Recorder + 1920*1080P 30FPS + G-sensor + Car License Plate + MOV + 140 Degree Wide Angle Lens + Night Vision + H.264 + 32GB Memory Card Color Black
Offered by EPRANCE

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for the money., 16 Jan. 2015
I read several reviews of in car cameras and this one came out top of the pile for the price. It doesn't have tons of bells and whistles but you fit it to your car and let it get on with its job. What more do you need?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4