Profile for Domus > Reviews

Content by Domus

Domus

Philips HTL5120/12 Wireless Soundbar Speaker with 120W Integrated Subwoofer/Orientation Sensor

2.0 out of 5 stars Sound is ok, but cannot be described as impressive., 28 Mar 2014
I recently purchased this soundbar based on excellent reviews, so I was expecting something special. Unfortunately, it was very disappointing. The sound is not room filling, it can best be described as ok, I honestly found in very underwhelming. It also decided to lose parts of the film soundtrack (actors voices) at certain points resulting in a muffled background noise, this could only be rectified by turning the bar off and on. I thought a factory reset might solve these issues, but the reset procedure failed to actually reset the device despite repeated attempts.

Maybe I had a defective unit? Despite having the soundbar sat on the TV cabinet it sounded "better" when tilted forward, as you would for wall mounting. Possibly an issue with the orientation sensor. Also, its not very loud, and I had to raise the volume very high to hear it well. If the volume was set to the halfway point it was too quiet and I couldn't hear anything, this was tested with both optical and HDMI connections producing the same end result.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2014 11:10 AM BST

Car + Home Stereo AUX-IN 3.5mm Jack Cable, (2m) for iPod, iPhone, iPad, smartphones, tablets and mp3 players - With stepped slimline connector to accommodate cases
Offered by InCarCables Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality cable, 25 Nov 2013
The cable and jack build quality is excellent. This is being used to connect my iPhone to the Aux-In socket of my car - great sound quality and perfect fit.

Casio G-SHOCK G-9000-3VER Mens Digital Watch
Casio G-SHOCK G-9000-3VER Mens Digital Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars G-SHOCK G-9000 3VER, 21 Sep 2010
Great watch and fantastic price. The green colour is very dark, occasionally looks black. Well made and should take more punishment than I'll ever throw at it.

I have no issues with the negative display, nice and clear for me, even under poor indoor lighting.

Mini DisplayPort + USB AUDIO to HDMI (v1.3b) adapter cable by Neet® - ( for Unibody MacBook - Pro - Air - iMac etc. )
Offered by Neet Cables

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 21 Sep 2010
Very easy to setup. The video results (HDMI) and audio quality (USB) is excellent, just remember to set audio output to USB in 'System Preferences --> Sound --> Output'.

One issue I did encounter, my TV is 1080p but the screen would flash (lose signal) every few seconds or so under this display setting.... Altering the display output to 1080i solved the problem, maybe something to do with my Macbook Pro?