Profile for A. R. V. Riding > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Mighty Bright Pink Ultrathin LED Book Light
Mighty Bright Pink Ultrathin LED Book Light

4.0 out of 5 stars A good product, 4 May 2011
I bought both this light and the 'Really Tiny Book Light' at the same time as I couldn't decide between them. I loved the latter and bought many more copies to give as gifts as it was so compact and flexible. However, this light is also good but it is somewhat wider and thicker than the Really Tiny Light, so more intrusive. Also the light can be a bit too bright, so is more likely to disturb one's partner. However, it is still a good product and performs the job well. Indeed, if you tend to be heavy handed or have limited flexibility this would be a better product as it is easier to fit to a book or Kindle because it is wider.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Really does the business, 4 May 2011
A really great pan. I have used it 3 times for making chiffon cakes and it has been just perfect. The heat is conducted evenly to the cake and I have had none of the problems that I have had using other pans. The cooked cake also sticks to the side of the upside-down pan while it cools, as it is meant to do when making chiffon cakes, but yet it is still very easy to take the cake out of the pan once it has cooled. Now I can make perfect chiffon cakes so can let my imagination fly with trying out different combinations.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2011 8:52 AM GMT

The Really Tiny Book Light In Pink
The Really Tiny Book Light In Pink
Offered by Gizoo - Gadgets & Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant in every way, 4 May 2011
This is a really great product, very light, very compact, easy to use, and perfect for its task of lighting up text in a book or an e-reader. I have used it for both and it illuminates very clearly and fits easily on either the book cover or Kindle cover. The light is surprisingly bright, especially for its size, but is quite focussed so does not easily disturb one's partner.
As others have mentioned, when opening up the battery cover, be careful when taking off the clear plastic protecting the batteries as the batteries do definitely have a tendency to scatter at that point.
I liked this light so much that the next day I bought 2 for my wife (one for the house, one for travelling) and then as my wife also loved them so much, we bought another 15 in various colours to give as gifts to friends and relatives. We are definitely fans!

Bad Science
Bad Science
by Ben Goldacre

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, opens up the can to show the worms inside, 3 Feb 2010
This review is from: Bad Science (Paperback)
This is a really great book and should be required reading for every politician and anyone concerned with formulating public policy. It hits the nail right on the head about what is actually going on in the world especially in 'health'. It is the sort of thing that I have personally been moaning about for years but said far more elegantly and with actual evidence to back up the claims rather than my more woolly feelings that we were being regularly fed a whole load of dangerous bollocks by the media and business. I do take Ben's point that it is generally more the fault of the editors in the media, rather than necessarily the journalists themselves, who seem quite uncaring of the lives they damage and even destroy - though the journalists too must share the blame. This book shows it is nothing whatsoever to do with a simple difference of opinion, it is all to do with the big lie, whatever will make the 'better' story or sell more products, no matter what the truth.

Irrationality
Irrationality
by Stuart Sutherland

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting read & oh, how absolutely true, 3 Feb 2010
This review is from: Irrationality (Paperback)
Wonderful book, really opens ones eyes to what is going on and how people make decisions or take actions - including oneself. For a long time I have wondered why most people act in such silly and irrational ways, well, now I know. As the book was first written nearly 20 years ago, some of the examples seem a bit dated, but that is no problem, people haven't changed much in the past 20 years and you can just look around you and read/view the news to see that people around the world are still making the same mistakes time & time again. It will also help me understand my own actions better and assist in making my own decisions/actions more rational. Should be compulsory reading for anyone in public life or with decision making responsibilities.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10