Profile for Ms. Jacqueline Sealey > Reviews

Content by Ms. Jacqueline...

Ms. Jacqueline Sealey (London, England, UK)

Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters
Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters
by Barack Obama

4.0 out of 5 stars A Real Charmer!, 10 Jan 2011
We have all become so accustomed to reading about Obama, the man himself, both biographically and autobiographically, that it is a rare thing indeed, to find him, personally, stepping outside of what could be called his more obvious comfort zone, i.e. of the political arena, and into that other comfort zone which he holds dear, i.e. his relationship with family, in this case, most specially, his daughters Malia and Sasha. The book is, indeed, dedicated to them.

The strands of this "letter", gradually draw the reader ever more closely into what his most intimate feelings are for his beloved girls; but, with a simplicity to which all who read the book can relate, but which, however, belies the intensity it is intended to project. What is more, it is this very simplicity which ensures that the reader goes back to the book from time to time, to see for oneself that we really are in tune with his innermost sentiments, although with a kind of surrealism that bears witness to the fact that we might, just, be intruding somewhat, into his private world.

I intend to purchase copies for my own 4 grandchildren, ages 4, 6, 7 and 8, as a precursor to the books that they will come across, about the Great Man, and will avidly want to read, in the future.

The Starseed Dialogues: Soul Searching the Universe
The Starseed Dialogues: Soul Searching the Universe
by Patricia Cori

5.0 out of 5 stars Starseed Dialogues: Soul Searching the Universe by Patricia Cori, 24 Sep 2009
I have become fascinated by all things extra- terrestrial, after witnessing with my very own eyes, the formation of CHEMTRAILS above my apartment in North London. Fortunately for me, my son was visiting me from York, as I had absolutely no knowledge about this fascinating manifestation before that time. My son, however, does, and was able to point me in the right direction, as did the highly reputed psychic, Jonathan Cainer, with whom I created my own dialogue.

I was advised by them to buy the trilogy entitled "The Sirian Revelations", as well as other books, by Patricia Cori, which AMAZON.co.uk. sent to me within a few days of ordering these items. They have kept me rooted to my armchair, and confirmed my belief that we are most definitely not the only living beings in our universe; although, one must, necessarily, keep an open mind when reading about this highly interesting topic.

I, therefore, remain a great fan of AMAZON, because of their efficiency and attention to detail at all times, as well as their willingness to send me further information on all the topics which are of interest to me.

Jacqueline Sealey

Michelle Obama: Meet the First Lady
Michelle Obama: Meet the First Lady
by David B. Brophy

5.0 out of 5 stars "Michelle Obama--Meet the First Lady! by David Brophy, 25 Mar 2009
If anyone wants to know who Michelle Obama is, and precisely what she stands for, they need look no further!

This excellent little book tells it like it is-- no frills, just plain speaking and extremely well-researched facts, written in an immensely readable way. Once I started it, I could not put it down; and given its size, this made it easy for me to complete reading it in about ONE hour!!
Great for individuals like myself, who are of African- Caribbean heritage, but who live abroad, in the wide, global diaspora of those who fall into the same category as the Obamas.

I have now read at least 5 books, either written by, or about, the Obamas; and, apart from those actually written by President Obama himself, before he became President, i.e. "Dreams of My Father" and "The Audacity of Hope", I would place this little gem at the top of my list.

It definitely deserves 5 stars from me!