Profile for D.B. > Reviews

Utopia [Blu-ray]
Utopia [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Alexandra Roach

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning picture and audio! [blu-ray], 30 July 2013
This review is from: Utopia [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I loved this show but didn't get to keep up with it on tv.

I decided to buy it on blu-ray. I'm glad I made the right decision.

I highly recommend for anyone who likes this series to buy it on blu-ray as the vivid colours and imagery show up magnificently in 1080p.

The menu is also fantastic. 5 Stars! *****

Dr Strangelove [Blu-ray] [2010] [Region Free]
Dr Strangelove [Blu-ray] [2010] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Sterling Hayden

5.0 out of 5 stars Visually stunning!, 28 July 2013
I love this movie. However, I wasn't sure what to expect when I purchased this on blu-ray. I didn't think an old black and white movie could look all that impressive in 1080p. But I got a huge, pleasant surprise.

The clarity in the picture is just outstanding! It looks almost as if it was filmed yesterday only it's in black and white.

I am so happy I have this now in my collection. The sound was 100% as well! An all round perfect blu-ray! It almost fills out the entire screen as well, which is a huge bonus for me. Well recommended!

Fight Club [Blu-ray] [1999]
Fight Club [Blu-ray] [1999]
Dvd ~ Edward Norton

3.0 out of 5 stars Picture quality is superb, audio quality.. not so good., 28 July 2013
Fight Club is one of my favourite movies. So of course, I had to get it on blu-ray. The picture quality was excellent! But the audio was extremely unbalanced. While the music and action noises could have blown the roof off, it was a struggle to hear what the actors were saying. I don't know why this is! I have seen similar instances with other movies but never as bad as this. It's such a disappointment as I really do like this movie.

It would have been 5 stars if it wasn't for the unbalanced audio. :(

Dead Mans Shoes [Blu-ray]
Dead Mans Shoes [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Paddy Considine

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 26 July 2013
I really enjoyed this movie and there are some very memorable scenes.

This movie on blu-ray is just stunning. It fills out the entire screen which I really like.

The only downfall for this movie is there are no special features whatsoever.

If this movie had special features and possibly a slip-cover then I would have given it a 5 star rating.

It's still a must buy none-the-less. :)