Profile for Daffodil > Reviews

Content by Daffodil

Daffodil

Nightingales on Call: (Nightingales 4)
Nightingales on Call: (Nightingales 4)
Price: 2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant sequel!, 9 May 2014
Donna Douglas always captivates her audience and I was so looking forward to reading what appears to be the final episode of the Nightingale series. I was not disappointed, even though the outcome was perhaps inevitable but the way the readers would have wanted it to be. As a retired nurse, I could associate with much of the life on the wards and of course some of the sweat, tears plus humour that would have been associated working under such conditions. The introduction of new characters kept the story going and I found it very difficult to put down!

All My Tomorrows
All My Tomorrows
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling!, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: All My Tomorrows (Kindle Edition)
Compelling reading when you have read the previous books of the series. Hopefully there will be a further instalment(s) to take the characters to the end of the war with their families.

French Phrase Book (Eyewitness Travel Guides Phrase Books)
French Phrase Book (Eyewitness Travel Guides Phrase Books)
by DK DK
Price: 3.89

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent all rounder!, 17 Feb 2012
I found this book very useful when I first went to France, having learned classroom French many many years ago! It contains basic everyday phrases under a number of headings with a guide for imitated pronunciation. There is also a mini dictionary. I recommend this to anyone going to a French speaking country and whose French is rusty!