Profile for James15 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Pressure Washer K2 Premium Home Price for 1 Each
Pressure Washer K2 Premium Home Price for 1 Each

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for car washing!, 24 Jun. 2014
The K2 is an ideal home use pressure washer. My washer has been mainly used to clean the family car, I've purchased a snow foam attachment which is excellent as a pre wash to get rid of any loose dirt. It's powerful enough to effectively clean the car, yet it's not so powerful that you are at risk of stripping paint off plastic trim(something I've experienced at a supermarket jet wash!). I've also used the washer to blast flag stones clean after years of discolouring and I was truly amazed at how well they came up, our patio is now as good as new!

The only critique I have of the washer is it's rather loud. Helpful pointer, probably not best used if your neighbour works nights otherwise a very awkward conversation and apology may follow the following day. Oh well lesson learnt and hopefully nobody that reads this review will fall foul of that one!

The Climb: The Autobiography
The Climb: The Autobiography

4.0 out of 5 stars Thankfully Froome is as good a cyclist as he is at whining!, 9 Jun. 2014
I'm not hugely into pro cycling however I do enjoy the Tour De France which was my main reason for buying the book.

A large proportion of the book is made up of what seems to be Froome's favourite sport, Wiggins bashing! I'm not sure if it was his intention to come across as the biggest whine on earth but he has had a good attempt with this book!
Froome talks in depth about the politics involved at team sky during the 2011-2013 seasons, which was fascinating however he always seemed to boil it back down to the fact that he was hard done to!

All in all I did really enjoy the book. Some of the race accounts were epic, Froome was excellent at retelling not just the lung busting part of races but also the tactical game of chess that is going on throughout races, something which I was completely unaware of. I take nothing from these guys, they are made of different stuff! I just wish that there wasn't this undercurrent of Froome constantly talking about his gripes with team sky and wiggins.

The book is definitely worth a read but if you idolise Chris Froome then it's probably worth giving the book a miss!

You know what they say about never meeting your hero, it should probably also apply to reading their autobiography!

Karcher K2.185 Pressure Washer 100 Bar 1300w 240v
Karcher K2.185 Pressure Washer 100 Bar 1300w 240v

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for car washing and small jobs., 26 May 2014

The only critique I have of the washer is it's rather loud, helpful pointer probably not best used if your neighbour works nights otherwise a very awkward conversation and apology may follow the following day. Ah well lesson learnt and hopefully nobody that reads this review will fall foul of that one!

Guy Martin: My Autobiography
Guy Martin: My Autobiography

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating insight into the weird and wonderful world of Guy Martin, 11 May 2014
I must admit I have been a fan of Guy for some years, therefore couldn't wait to see the world from Guys perspective.

The book truly is an honest and open account from a chap that doesn't really seem to care about how he is perceived by other people.

It blends the details of motorcycle racing with the bizarreness of Guys life perfectly. If you think that this book is purely for motorcycle enthusiasts then I would think again. Guys unique life and the way he tells it are by far the most interesting parts of the book. Throw in the corner by corner recollections of guys racing career and you have a thoroughly enjoyable read.

You won't be disappointed when you enter the weird and wonderful world that is Guy Martins life!

Kärcher K2 Compact Air-Cooled Pressure Washer
Kärcher K2 Compact Air-Cooled Pressure Washer

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for car washing and small jobs., 19 April 2014

Hozelock Compact Reel With 15 Metre Hose And Connectors
Hozelock Compact Reel With 15 Metre Hose And Connectors

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but it shows!, 19 April 2014
The main reason I purchased this product was the price in comparison to others.
The biggest issue I have is the hose itself is prone to being squashed causing the flow of water to restrict severely. On other hoses I've owned this has been an issue but on the hozelock it seems particularly bad, I believe the hose is made out of a material that is just too soft. Therefore if you plan to use the hose regularly and for various tasks, then I would steer clear. You will spend more time trying to find the pinches in the hose than actually using it.

Tassimo Costa Caramel Latte 16 discs, 8 servings (Pack of 5, Total 80 discs, 40 servings)

2.0 out of 5 stars Dodgy batch?, 14 Jan. 2014
I purchased these discs after reading all the fantastic reviews and agreeing that they are fantastic value when compared to supermarkets. However I found that 2 of the 5 packs contained servings that I can only describe as tasting bitter and unpleasant. They were consumed within good time and stored properly therefore the only reason I can think of is that some of the servings were not the required quality. Whether this is known and hence the price I cannot say but when you work out how many were actually consumable then they may not be such good value.

If they were all as good as they should be then this is a fantastic buy. I just hope my unpleasant servings were a one off.

Dodo Juice DJFF3PC Fantastic Fur Buffing Cloth 40 x 40 cm (Pack of 3)
Dodo Juice DJFF3PC Fantastic Fur Buffing Cloth 40 x 40 cm (Pack of 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Super soft, 14 Jan. 2014
These cloths were purchased to clean my car. They really are the softest clothes I've ever used.

They are expensive, but I know my cars paintwork is safe which is far more expensive than the cloths!

Russell Hobbs 15082-10 Illuminating Glass Kettle - Clear
Russell Hobbs 15082-10 Illuminating Glass Kettle - Clear

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality!, 14 Jan. 2014
The kettle lasted approximately 6 months before the hinge on the lid completely snapped. The kettle was still usable but refilling was a tad difficult!

Finally after another 2 months the connection between the kettle and base plate became very hit and miss and resigned this kettle to the bin!

All in all it looks good but falls short in the quality department.

RAF Harrier Ground Attack - Falklands
RAF Harrier Ground Attack - Falklands

5.0 out of 5 stars Harrier Operations from the RAF perspective during the Falkalnds War., 21 July 2013
Having read hostile skies which gave a very naval orientated spin on harrier ops I was very keen to read this book to understand the conflict from the Air Forces perspective.

Harrier Operations during the falklands war was a combination of sea harrier ops taking care mainly of the air to air roles, which incidentally seemed to be the most widely covered. I knew very little about the involvement of the Harrier GR3's during the conflict, perhaps due to the Royal Navy as is alluded to in the book. This book gave a hugely interesting insight into the missions the GR's were tasked with. From hitting SAM targets on mainland falklands to close air support of the advancing troops, all missions I had very little awareness of!

The book also talks about the difficulties of the working relationship between the Royal Navy and the RAF. Some of the stories told are unbelievable considering the fact we were at war!

A very good read.