Profile for Goldust22 > Reviews

Content by Goldust22

Goldust22

Page: 1 | 2
Batman Arkham Origins (PS3)
Batman Arkham Origins (PS3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Two steps back, 26 Oct 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Massive fan of Batman in general and of the previous two Arkham games but I have just finished this and I am less than impressed.

I had major framerate issues from time to time which forced me to restart my console, at times the controls are unresponsive and there arent any new gadgets just rehashes of previous ones.

Storyline wise I did like the nodds to both Killing Joke and Knightfall but the overal storyline is very bland and very anticlamtic. I didnt even come across all of the assasins before I had completed the game.

I think the game as well comes across as very platformy in places and the level design is poor.

I will be trading this in and going back to Arkham City. I would wait until this one comes down in price as it comes across as rushed and short.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 27, 2013 3:42 PM GMT

Squid Girl Complete Series Collection [DVD]
Squid Girl Complete Series Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ayumi Fujimura
Offered by 101Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Inkredible Anime, 26 Nov 2012
I really enjoyed this anime although it is quite girly. The characters are hilarious in there own way and its really easy to follow.

They have broken the episodes down into 3 parts a piece so you can kind of drop it and come back to it in a while because there is no major plot line.

I would recommend this and I am very much looking forward to season 2.

Mardock Scramble - The First Compression [DVD]
Mardock Scramble - The First Compression [DVD]
Dvd ~ Megumi Hayashibara

4.0 out of 5 stars Part 1 better then the Book, 26 Nov 2012
This is the first film of a trilogy based on a Novel that was released a few years ago. So the film only tells a 3rd of the story.

I really enjoyed this film, but it is very adult natured. Its more of a cyberpunk genre with some excellent characters although some of the assassins arent given enough time to allow their characters to develop.

It does start slow and ends with alot of action. The book tended to drag out alot of what this film tends to sum up very quickly.

I enjoyed it and has made me want to read part two and hopefully if they are released over here I will buy the other two parts to this film.

The Manga series although different I am enjoying also.

You Can't Always Get What You Want
You Can't Always Get What You Want

5.0 out of 5 stars Tune, 26 Nov 2012
Love this song, Im kind of young and I first heard it on House and then again on Californication and I just love this song. Really worth buying.

Prometheus - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital Copy) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Noomi Rapace

5.0 out of 5 stars Fassbenders just Awesome, 26 Nov 2012
First things First Fassbender as David was a phenominal job by the casting director, He is quickly becoming my favourite actor and the David character is in my top ten favourtie characters of all time.

The entire cast for the film is top notch anyway with Idris Elba, Naomi Rapice and Charlize Theron adding to it. The plot is very good but it might be to heavy so some people as this film isnt all about the action. There are a few action scenes particulary towards the end but most of it is more like a physcological drama.

What you must not do before watching this film is go in expecting an Alien film, this film is set in the Alien Universe and yes you do find the origins of the Xenomorphs but the film intends to distance itself from Aliens and is to start a new Sci-Fi franchise.

I loved this film but Im a Sci-Fi nut and Fassbender, Rapice and Elba are IMO some of the best performers in film at the moment. So I would highly recommend this to anyone.

Gangsta's Paradise (feat. L.V.)
Gangsta's Paradise (feat. L.V.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Prob the best song ever, 26 Nov 2012
Awesome song if you dont own this song then seriously you should buy it, I am not a fan of this genre of music and I still feel this song is one of the best ever.

WWE 13 (Xbox 360)
WWE 13 (Xbox 360)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 Steps forward 1 step back, 26 Nov 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: WWE 13 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Been a huge fan of THQ with WWE games but recent years offerings have been quite poor.

The introduction of WWE Universe mode was a breath of fresh air a few years ago but this years offering is rather stale in comparison. The lack of animations and features really is a let down from previous Universe mode options. Video released by THQ showed choices could be made by the player for how the scene plays out giving more creative control to the user but I have seen no evidence of these scenes being included in the game. I would also like to either have more titles per show or allow 3 shows to compete at the same PPV, it really is a shame that Universe offers very little this year. I do feel that THQ have been abit cheeky with the first DLC offering, as these characters should of been avialable from the get go so it was abit of a rip off.

Positives though are quite huge in this game, the new Attitude Era story mode is excellent, I disliked the Road to Wrestlemania from previous games but the Attitude Era was genuinly fun to play on. Its only let down by the fact you play through historic moments in the attitude era but not all the wrestlers from that momebt are there when you play them, for example no Rick Rude or Chyna joining DX. Which is a bit of a shame. But apart from that the whole game mode was highly enjoyable.

The roster is also very impressive with some excellent choices for the attitude era, of course they are going to miss a few that I would of personnaly loved to of been in the game (Dlo Brown in particualr) and there are a few choices that left me scratching my head (Vader yes he is a Legend but did nothing in the attitude era) but overall a very good choice. The only bad thing about the roster is that the Divas are incredibly out of date I belive there are only active WWE Divas in the game at the moment with Layla, AJ and Natayla set to join within the next few months.

Overall I would of liked the Universe mode to be more interactive, to allow more control over it and I believe that community creations should be free to access but yet again it requires a Gold Membership.

Hitman Absolution (Xbox 360)
Hitman Absolution (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Hitman now has a Plot!, 26 Nov 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Its been ages since the last Hitman game and I was really looking forward to this instalment in the Hitman series.

This game is very different to the previous games by adding a half decent plot into the mix rather then in the previous games where the plot was paper thin. The storyline involves 47, Diana his handler and Victoria. I dont want to spoil the storyline for anyone but it isnt a ground breaking plot but it is enjoyable.

Gameplay wise there has been alot of improvements the Loading Times are excellent, the new stealth kill animations are fantastic and it has another awesome soundtrack. The only down side is that they have broken up most levels into several areas. So for example 47 has to get to a certain floor in a hotel so the first part of the level is gaining access to the upper floors, the main issue I have with this is you could gun down everyone in the first section then when you move on the rest of the AIs act like nothing has happened.

The Contract game mode is also something I was abit unhappy with, yes its ok a good idea but it is very repetative.

What really sets this game apart is the introduction of Challanges, which adds to the lifespan of the game significantly. Having set challanges to kill certain targets in some ways such as poisoning coffee or collecting all the outfits for that level. The only poor thing about the challanges is that they do have the way that 47 would of done it himself and having to take these steps at times is very mundane when you know of a better more discreet way of getting the job done.

Overall I would give it 8/10 a very good game for Hitman fans but I would of expected more.

1001 Video Games: You Must Play Before You Die
1001 Video Games: You Must Play Before You Die

2.0 out of 5 stars Okish, 26 Nov 2012
A lot of great games on this list but a lot of them are too obvious and most gamers would of played on these before. It would of been nice if thauthor utd of chosen more obscure games that some gamers might not of heard of.

The Office - An American Workplace - Season 6 [DVD]
The Office - An American Workplace - Season 6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steve Carrell

4.0 out of 5 stars Starts to go downhill, 26 Nov 2012
The Office is one of the funniest TV shows of all time, but season 6 is when it starts to go a little stale.

There are a few excellent moments though such as Jim and Pams wedding which is a real feel good moment and we get to see what Michael is like on a first date.

But where as th previous seasons where truly hilarious this season seems to run out of steam and you can truly understand why Steve leaves in the next series.

Page: 1 | 2