Profile for P. Gibson > Reviews

Content by P. Gibson

P. Gibson "Completely outnumbered" (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
2.5mm To 3.5mm Stereo Audio Adapter
2.5mm To 3.5mm Stereo Audio Adapter

3.0 out of 5 stars Plug, 1 July 2014
There really is nothing wrong with this plug, but my problem is this: I purchased the wrong one. The plug I meant to buy was 2.5mm male, 3.5mm female.
Nice plug, would do the job for which it's designed I'm sure, but I'll not be using it.

Jabra CRUISER2 Bluetooth In Car Speakerphone
Jabra CRUISER2 Bluetooth In Car Speakerphone
Offered by total digital stores
Price: 38.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Hands free, 1 July 2014
I like this speakerphone quite a lot. I have mine clipped to driver's the sun visor, so it's nice and close to me, which improves the clarity of the sound. Most importantly though, is that it doesn't attract unwanted attention from Mr Plod, thus saving a lot of money in fines.
Good looking unit, good quality sound and easy to operate.

Brasher Blue/Black Laces - 140cm
Brasher Blue/Black Laces - 140cm
Offered by OutdoorGear Outdoor Experts
Price: 3.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine, 1 July 2014
They are boot laces. They do the job for which they were designed. Sorry I can't get any more excited than this.

NWTC Fence post finials: Blackbird
NWTC Fence post finials: Blackbird
Offered by everyCasa Europe
Price: 16.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks realistic!, 1 July 2014
This review is from: NWTC Fence post finials: Blackbird
I love my blackbird sitting on the top of my fencepost. Some visitors have been fooled into thinking it's a real blackbird. Looks good, made from good strong metal and if it's not pinched my the neighbours, it should be there for many years to come.

Kryptonite New York 1217 Bicycle Chain Lock and Evolution Series 4 Disc Lock (5-Foot x 5-Inch)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Daddy of All Chains., 10 Jan 2014
This really is a beast of a chain. Had a few problems with the retailer, but once that was sorted, it was delivered exactly when I was told it would be delivered.
It's very heavy, so not the sort of thing you would keep in your top-box or draped around your shoulders. This beast is for keeping at home in your garage where your pride and joy is kept locked up. According to reviews, it withstands any attack by handtools, but will finally submit to an angle-grinder attack. I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

Some Enchanted Evening
Some Enchanted Evening
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK
Price: 6.04

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Some Enchanted Evening (Audio CD)
Bought this for the Mrs to play in her motor as she likes Simon & Garfunkel and she regularly does the journey from London to Leeds and back. When I asked her what she thought of her new CD she said, "Not bad."
Fair play to her. Nothing more to add.

Genuine Citroen Xsara Picasso Style 15" Wheel Trim
Genuine Citroen Xsara Picasso Style 15" Wheel Trim

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Jan 2014
Bought four of these to smarten up my Picasso as the steel wheels were looking grubby. They've certainly done the job as it now looks like a new car! Perfect fit. Quick delivery. What more can a guy ask?

BG Outdoor Indoor Fake Dummy Imitation CCTV Security Camera W/ Blinking Flashing Light Bullet Shape black TW02
Offered by Racksoy
Price: 7.62

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks good to you and me, but....., 10 Jan 2014
No crook worth his salt is going to be deterred by this dummy camera, or any similar one. Look on the side casing. The D of CCD stands for 'Dummy'. All the good crooks will know this, so either cover it up, or scratch it off. If you view some real cameras, you'll not see the CCD.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2014 9:17 AM BST

FIREFLY - Dog Safety Collar Flashing LED Adjustable - BLUE
FIREFLY - Dog Safety Collar Flashing LED Adjustable - BLUE
Offered by Play Galaxy
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but dim, 28 Nov 2013
You will be able to see your dog if it's really dark, but in semi-darkness this collar flashes so dim that you can't see where your dog is at all.
In summary, if you wait until midnight to walk your dog, you'll be fine.
Not impressed.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2014 12:24 PM GMT

10 x EVEREADY 60 WATT BAYONET CAP B22 FITTING GLS LIGHT BULBS IN PEARL FINISH
10 x EVEREADY 60 WATT BAYONET CAP B22 FITTING GLS LIGHT BULBS IN PEARL FINISH
Offered by GoodsWholesaleUK
Price: 6.25

2.0 out of 5 stars EVEREADY THEY AIN'T!, 27 Nov 2013
Why do they say "EVEREADY" when they definitely are not?
Spent a little extra because I trusted the name "Eveready". "Good pedigree", I thought. Now that the bulbs have arrived, they are some unknown make of bulb and I'm worried that they won't perform as I expect them to.
I should really send them back, but they are for an elderly neighbour who is waiting for me to go round and change a couple of blown bulbs for him.
I'll not be buying from this outfit again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6