Profile for N. Canning > Reviews

Content by N. Canning

N. Canning (West Midlands)

Page: 1 | 2
The Storm: NUMA Files #10 (The NUMA Files)
The Storm: NUMA Files #10 (The NUMA Files)
Price: 3.66

4.0 out of 5 stars It's great but..., 12 Sep 2013
I do wish that someone would check Clive's books for technical errors. Joe escapes in a truck..he decides not to mess with the distributors and speaks of petrol. Trucks use diesel and don't have distributors!
Other than that a great read!

The Warwickshire Ring DVD
The Warwickshire Ring DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Need to become chilled?, 16 May 2013
This review is from: The Warwickshire Ring DVD (DVD)
Then put this DVD on, relax with a glass of Pimms and enjoy a restful hour or so of canals, boats and soothing commentary! If this is a trip you are planning then it is ideal and the canal version of following Google street maps!

You've Done What, My Lord?: Hilarious tales from a country estate
You've Done What, My Lord?: Hilarious tales from a country estate
Price: 4.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Summer read, 15 April 2013
As a tenant of a aristocrat and someone who comes into contact with his Land Agent this was an umusing insight into the work. It was a bit difficult to follow at times jumping from one estate to another and the main character is a little bit too perfect but in the same vein as Gervaise Phinn's school teacher perhaps.

Sleep Easy (feat. Residents of Exeter Ymca)
Sleep Easy (feat. Residents of Exeter Ymca)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome talent..and a really nice chap!, 6 April 2013
I first saw Adam at the Exeter Food and Drink Festival a year ago just as he was about to go on BBC's The Voice. Great show and got to say hello after. Fast forward a few months with an album in the bag and he pops into my school to entertain year 7&8 with a lunchtime gig..solid guy!

The Ultimate Smut Collection 5
The Ultimate Smut Collection 5

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!, 23 April 2012
..a moment of madness, it was a Kindle freebie...plus thirteen more words to make up the twenty needed for this review..

The Power Within
The Power Within

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive!, 23 April 2012
This review is from: The Power Within (Audio CD)
I have been following DF from the very early days and this is my favourite release since Sonic Firestorm. I was lucky enough to see the album launch show in Birmingham last week and they didn't disappoint. "Cry Thunder" is my stand out track, clearly Sam Totman was getting all celticy and watching Pirates of the Caribbean at the same time as writing this tune as I can hear elements of both in the song...brilliant!

Suits - Season 1 [DVD]
Suits - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gina Torres
Price: 7.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 29 Feb 2012
This review is from: Suits - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I stumbled onto this by accident not normally being a Dave viewer but I am so glad I did! I've always enjoyed legal drama with a comedic twist, LA Law, Ally McB, The Practice, My Cousin Vinny etc so this is just perfect for me. I would give it 5 stars but the price at the moment (17.99) is far too expensive...so once it's a bit cheaper (10 - 12)it's game on and five stars!

3-Year Kindle Protection Plan with Accident & Theft Cover by SquareTrade, UK customers only
Offered by Squaretrade Limited
Price: 23.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Insurance, 5 Jan 2012
It's always a risk buying insurance when you don't know if you need it and whether, should you need to claim it will have been worth the money. At a quarter of the cost of a Kindle it seems expensive..unless I break it!

Croydex Twist 'N' Lock Anti-Fog Mirror, Chrome
Croydex Twist 'N' Lock Anti-Fog Mirror, Chrome
Offered by Lampe UK
Price: 12.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the gym!, 15 April 2011
I had to buy a second one of these as I left the first in a hotel room bathroom! Brilliant bit of kit and fantastic to take to the gym for the closest shave (after a sauna & jacuzzi) that I've had. Some people are saying that it steams up in the shower..so here's a top tip...hold it under the hot shower for a bit until it is the same temperature as the ambient..it will never steam up! Others said it might break...well I've dropped it several times on to tiles and it hasn't..make sure the tiles are dry and it won't slip either..

McCulloch Hedgetrimmer 2 Stroke Petrol 56cm Bar 25cc With Anti-Vibration Handles

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit!, 4 April 2011
I bought this to replace my B&D electric one that I'd managed to burn out trimming the hedge! First impressions were the good build quality, easy instructions and ease of starting. I already have mixing bottles for other petrol gardening eqpt so didn't miss there not being one in the package. Once started it got to work in no time and did a great job around the garden on big hedges as well as smaller ones. I'm quite agile and reasonably strong so didn't feel any effects of the weight but possibly a smaller person might find it a struggle after a while. Because of the anti-vibration handles I experienced no white-finger or vibration injuries which I had done when borrowing a neighbours trimmer last year. Overall, for the price..a great purchase!

Page: 1 | 2