Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Wiltshire, England.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Enticed (The Fullerton Family Saga Book 1)
Enticed (The Fullerton Family Saga Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A passionate and heartfelt story of one woman's instinct to nuture and protect. 4.5 stars, 22 Jan 2014
BOOK REVIEW: Enticed (Fullerton Family Saga, #1) by Ginger Voight

Oh my goodness, what a deeply moving and captivating story. I loved the fact that the main focus here is a child, one who has captured my heart entirely. Twisted family feuds, love gone wrong and a broken boy left behind - the only salvation comes in a public school teacher as she accepts the offer of a lifetime, only to be encompassed in the drama of a corporate family falling apart. This story will keep you drilled to the page until the very final chapter.

FULL REVIEW:

Yes, please heed the advice on the synopsis and proceed with caution, because trust me when I say, this book is an emotional read that will trigger those nurturing instincts! This story focuses mainly on Jonathan, a nine-year-old little boy who is another fallen victim to the woes of a messy divorce.

Rachel Dennehy is a public school teacher with a tragic past. Only three years ago her world ground to a halt when she lost the light of her life. With the help of her best friend, Nancy, she gradually regained her footing and continued her career as a teacher in a run-of-the-mill public school.

When she receives an email offering her a six-figure salary to home school a disruptive nine-year-old boy, she believes it's too good to be true. Uplifting her roots, she leaves behind her simple life and small apartment to jet set off to a $28m mansion in Beverly Hills, to work for non other than conglomerate king, Andrew `Drew' Fullerton.

However, upon arrival, the boy in question is far from what she expected and it soon becomes clear that there is more to the Fullerton family than meets the eye.

This story tells of the trials and disastrous effects of family feuds that go right back to early childhood. It tells a story of two Brothers at war, a messy divorce and child custody battles. And, it tells the story of a plain, slightly overweight teacher who becomes so embroiled in the Fullerton family saga, that professional / personal lines become blurred and crossed. But one thing remains, her nurturing love for Jonathan shines through, as she stops at nothing to protect her student - this lost little boy, from further damage that this escalating dispute has caused.

It doesn't help that Drew is strong, level-headed, dominant and impossibly sexy - the ultimate package, and although looks can be deceiving, one thing remains true... He doesn't play fair, especially when it comes to getting what he wants!

I started this book one evening, quite late... and the next thing I knew the birds are chirping merrily and I had only a few hours left before I had to get ready for work. Yes, this is all-nighter material! I couldn't drag myself away from this story if I tried!

What is it about adorable kids and sexy Fathers? When you fall in love with one, the other comes with the package, right? Only,
Drew Fullerton is unpredictable and highly complex, but hot damn, he is the embodiment of professional suited and booted alpha, and I just wanted to take a bite. His arrogance appealed to me greatly, but the effort to connect more to his child when Rachel raises a few home truths are what really made this book for me.

That is until things get turned on their head... again, with the constant interference of Alex, Drew's Brother. He knows how to throw a spanner in the works and I really despised him for a while, but like anything, Ginger Voight is a master at rug-pulling - you know the one... where she pulls it out from beneath your feet and knocks you flat on your plump derriere? Yeah... that one! Gifted I tell you!!

I loved this story. I loved the premise. I loved the pace. And, I loved this kid! This is a love story, but not in the traditional sense because ladies, the kid comes first! Daddy and his Brother, well... let's just say they are a complicated added bonus. ;)

Looking forward to book 2!

4.5 Stars.

Angel After Dark (After Dark Series Book 1)
Angel After Dark (After Dark Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars An honest, passionate and riveting read with great characters., 16 Jan 2014
Angel After Dark is a riveting, passionate and honest account of how two intelligent, professional and emotionally detached individuals find solace in another. It's a story of relinquishing control and inviting someone in, even though the concept is alien and utterly terrifying.

In the past sex has always been about release. Scratch the itch, smile, say thank you and move on. Although both monogamous with their sexual partners, neither has ever truly believed in `happily ever after,' so it makes for such a fun and compelling read when our two main protagonists both fall victim to the insatiable need and learn what it is to connect for the very first time.

The consensus of this story is that emotions are dangerous. They seek to destroy. With a head for business and a need to help others after an incident in college, Angel is more than capable of looking after herself. She's feisty, sassy with a dry wit and a no-nonsense attitude that make grown men weep. Not only is she smart and financially sound, she is beautiful - a real woman of the 21st century.

Alex Avery is the son of the founder of Avery Enterprises. He has the weight of the conglomerate world on his shoulders every single day; when he isn't dealing with acquisitions worth millions of dollars, he is known to be out with his friends or paying late night visits to his `on-call' girlfriend, Whitney.

Whitney loves the designer clothes, expensive apartment and the hot CEO on her arm, but she wants more. When Dr Angeline Hemming accepts a request to host an evening radio chat show, she gives Whitney some solid advice: `Take your power back or move on...'

Darian is Angel's boss and immediately recognises the voice on the other end of the line. He's not surprised at his best-friend's reaction when he tells Alex about Whitney's phone call on late night radio. Alex is even more enraged with the one-sided advice and he makes no hesitation in letting this Dr. Hemming know exactly what he thinks.

Angel is surprised at this man's arrogance and immediately goes on the defensive when he tells her straight that his `girlfriend' knew of the arrangement and not once did he ever promise her more. Angel can identify with that, but it doesn't mean she has to like his attitude as she gives back as good as she gets, live on air!

Alex is floored! This is a woman who knows her own mind, her intellect is refreshing and if she looks anything like she sounds, then she could prove a worthy conquest. Darian won't shut up about her either, so with his interest peaked, he knows that a rendezvous will soon become inevitable.

When Darian sets up a blind meeting at a karaoke bar, fireworks explode, and not in a good way. You see... Alex and Angel have met before, very briefly at Home Depot and often wondered about the other. They are both undoubtedly attracted to each-other, but now it has become a battle of wills. Angel will not give in, while Alex on the other hand...will not give up!

Relenting control is an issue they both have, it is just a case of who breaks first.

Hello Alex Avery, he has just entered the `hot alpha billionaire hall of fame.' Oh yes.. if you love your controlling types suited and booted then you have come to the right place! The transition of his characterisation from the early chapters until the end was such an indulgence that I couldn't help but fall in love with him. He did give off an air of arrogance but it wasn't overdone, because deep down you knew a very good man with a kind heart lingered. The relationship with his parents and loyalty to his `black-sheep' Brother spoke volumes. Take away the CEO persona and suit, and deep down he is just a man scared of commitment. That spoke to me as a reader, I could identify with his logic and the way he chose to live his life.

Dr Angeline `Angel' Hemming is a breath of fresh air. She is one heroine who knows her own mind and doesn't take any prisoners, yet she didn't come across arrogant but remained honest, her integrity continuing to shine throughout it all. She is the kind of woman you would want in your corner. Although her view of men was somewhat jaded at times, you learn why later, and it all makes sense.

The flow, the banter, the dialogue, the connection between the characters in and out of the bedroom made for one profound and honest read; incorporate some laugh out loud comedy moments succeeded in creating the perfect blend of storytelling genius. Yes, as expected with Kahlen, the bedroom scenes are scorching hot but most importantly, they are heartfelt, tummy-tingling and realistic, as both characters connect on an intellectual level as well as an intimate one.

I can't thank Kahlen Aymes enough for providing me with an ARC. If you enjoyed her Remembrance Trilogy, then you will love this!

Looking forward to book two!

Read and Reviewed for Perusing Princesses Blog.

Behind His Eyes - Consequences: Book 1.5 of the Consequences Series
Behind His Eyes - Consequences: Book 1.5 of the Consequences Series

4.0 out of 5 stars Behind His Eyes will leave you disturbingly enthralled. A must read for Consequence fans!, 14 Jan 2014
Tony Rawlings: love him or loathe him, there is no denying he is a man of his word. His meticulous planning and cunning ways will leave you disturbingly enthralled as you experience this story from a whole new angle. Are you ready to suffer the Consequences?

Ever wondered what was really happening inside that relentless, cold, calculating mind of Tony Rawlings? Well here is your chance as the man behind the curtain is about to unveil himself in all his infinite glory as he recounts, in his own words, pivotal scenes that took place in Consequences.

From the first meeting with Claire and her impending incarceration in Iowa, to the dreaded 'Accident' scene and beyond, Behind His Eyes takes you back to that place that had many of us clenching our e-readers in disbelief, in anger, in trepidation...and fear, as this passionate, all-consuming man stops at nothing to execute his master plans with methodical precision.

This takes you back to the time when Tony Rawlings was a monster. And yet...how is it I still hung on to every word? Every damning consequence played havoc with my emotions but I could still see that doubt, those moments of uncertainty in that impenetrable armour, shine.

As a character he has to be one of the most complex I have seen. His thought-process and justification for certain actions made me understand him a little more fully. For me, even though I still hated him in parts, it made me realise his hunger for power, for order, derived from insecurity. Failure was not an option!

Claire Nichols, our heroine, our victim, and the woman who turned the life of a ruthless businessman on its head... she certainly came across a little more meek and mild than I remember, which just goes to prove that she played her part very well! It was still good to see that hidden spark, that fire that we know lingers inside, surface on occasion.

Viewing these characters from a new angle proved insightful and refreshing, even though the main basis of the story remains fully intact.

Behind His Eyes is a Consequences companion novel and is NOT a standalone read.

4-CROWNS

Reviewed at Perusing Princesses Blog

Real (Real 1)
Real (Real 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Step into the ring ladies, Remy & Brooke are a knock out! LOVED IT! 4.5*, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Real (Real 1) (Kindle Edition)
Read and Reviewed for: [...]

"I don't know if I'm bad for him, or him for me. All I know is that this is as inevitable as an incoming tsunami, and I'm just bracing for the swim of my life." - Brooke Dumas

Why oh why did I wait so long to read this?
OMG!
Remy 'Riptide' Tate has knocked me flat on my arse... figuratively speaking!
I'm positively giddy.
Now this is one very fine specimen of the alpha male, ladies - one that really can fight for the woman he loves - is there anything more sexier? Okay, so the excessive clenching and scenting thing was a little overkill but so what, all is forgiven because Brooke and Remy set my book loving soul on fire! Exhilarating from start to finish, Remy will leave you squirming well after the final bell has sounded. I didn't want it to end!

Remy and Brooke: Both professional athletes who understand what it means to lose everything you have worked so hard for. Brooke lost her dream of becoming an Olympic sprinting champion the day her knee dislocated and the end of her life as she knew it got broadcasted for the world to see on youtube - she thought she would never recover. Going into sports therapy seemed like the perfect choice as it helped fulfil her dream to help those just like her.

Remy `Riptide' Tate is notorious in the world of underground boxing. Originally a pro, his dream of becoming a world champion was quashed the moment he threw punches outside of the ring. His adversary, Billy `the scorpion' remains a thorn in his side as the new season kicks off and with it, a chance encounter that's about to turn his world upside down.

Brooke has never been into watching grown men pummel each-other to a bloody pulp, that is until she sees him for the first time. Remy is enthralled with the woman in the crowd who seems so completely out of her depth. His need for an introduction has him jumping the ring when he follows her after she hightails it to the bathroom... his first dialogue is a growl, followed with a bark of "Your name?" as he spins her around firmly but gently, eyeing her like a wild animal looking for his next meal. Intense much? Hell yeah! Intense, sexy and totally bad-ass, immediately I knew I was in for one hell of a ride!

With a job offer she cannot refuse, Brooke is hired to be Remy's sports physical therapist. Stretching, massaging, and overlooking his fitness regime, Brooke is made! She's traveling around America, staying in presidential suites in 5* hotels, the money is great and the team become like a second family. There is just one teeny tiny problem... she has it bad for her boss and its affecting her in a major way!
Yes, this book was pure sexual torture! Brooke, throughout most of it is a wanton pile of messy goo, creating enough sexual tension between them both to choke a horse, but I loved that about it. It gave this story depth. All enticing, exhilarating and just a damn good unconventional love story between a woman making the best of what she has, and a broken man who struggles daily with who he is.

One moment Remy is on top of the world, the next he is crashing, rendering him unpredictable and highly dangerous. He is the ultimate tortured bad-boy alpha with caveman tendencies and a back story that clutches at your heart with an iron fist. But inside, he is scared of ruining the connection he has with this incredible woman... a warrior with a good heart and a healthy love for music.

I love a bad-boy, and regardless of the repetitive clenching, scenting and wet panty scenes, this book hit a nerve or two in the best possible way. Yes... I think it's safe to say that I LOVE REMY and now I have to jump onto MINE because I need another round or two in the ring, with what I believe is my new favourite fighter. LET THE FIGHT COMMENCE. <3

READ IT!

A Woman Gone Mad
A Woman Gone Mad

4.0 out of 5 stars A deeply emotional life-journey. Invest in tissues!! 3.5 stars, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: A Woman Gone Mad (Kindle Edition)
ARC received author for an honest review at: [...]

My emotions are so raw that I don't know if I'm even capable of articulating a review. However, I feel the need to write something - if anything, to expel my thoughts and to help ease the myriad of emotions that are pouring through me right now.

My poor heart. I believe it may never recover!

My current mantra is 'What the hell did I just read?' Trust me when I say this story hits seriously high on the angst richter scale!

Told in memoir form we follow the story of Lillian Shaw, the innocent and popular school girl with a big heart, as she steps out from the confines of a loving childhood into the complex world of puberty and beyond. We witness first hand how she goes from a beautiful child to a broken and emotionally scarred woman after enduring more than her fair share of insufferable heartache... and all in the name of love. To put it simply, her life is one giant clusterf-k after another!

Life dealt her a hand that she had no choice but to play. Her only coping mechanism and refuge came in Lilly, her alter-ago, a.k.a the 'other' voice. Although, her sanity was questionable throughout most of this book, I found her resilience and strength through her hardships most inspiring...that is until she reached the point of no return. Her actions in these dark times tore my heart into a million tiny pieces, as the downward spiral finally took its toll.

I'm not saying Lillian didn't bring some of these things on herself. Her serious lack of filter from brain to mouth was laugh out loud genius at times, and she did have a tendency to push people at arms length when feeling overwhelmed. I say this with all good intentions but if she could manifest through the words of the written page, I have no doubt she would gladly smack this author in the face for everything she put her through. My goodness, I can't tell you how many times my eyes welled with tears while reading Lillian' s tale. I read some parts of this story curled in the foetal position, my kindle curled to my chest.

I can't go into a full overview because this is a journey that you need to take on your own. A Woman Gone Mad isn't just a school/college romance where boy meets girl, falls in love, girl gets hurt, girl moves on and lives happily ever after...this book is the total opposite! It's a full on, real life experience read that stems over the course of 20 years. It tells us that life, at times, can be hard and cruel, yet it can also be beautiful. Life can throw you a curve ball and rock your world, knocking it off its axis, but what is important is how you deal with it. Lillian wasn't an angel, she made mistakes and in the process distanced herself from the ones she loved. Besides the close connection to her Brother and Best Friend, Allen, Lillian had never connected to another. Not until him. What is it to find your soul mate to then lose him overnight? To simply disappear into thin air, never to be seen again? For 20 years she has been plagued by the memory of him, she can still see his face, hear his voice, remember his scent.

...Leo. <3

As far as the writing goes, it was laden with grammatical mistakes and some bad sentence structuring. The flow was, at times, erratic and the overuse of the word 'baby' grated a little, but in all fairness to the author, I received an ARC that was still in need of editing and formatting so I'm not going to judge my review based on this, but rather praise Kimber S. Dawn in delivering an unforgettable story of one woman's plight to find her happily ever after, in a world where fairy tales cease to exist.

The writing gets a 3, the story and how it kept me hooked from the 3rd chapter in, gets a 4.5. This is a commendable effort, I just wish my copy was edited by a pro before distribution. My advice to those brave enough: Put your big girl pants on and invest in a mansize box of tissues because you're gonna need them!

Come to Me Quietly (Closer to You Book 1)
Come to Me Quietly (Closer to You Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Come to me Quietly is a deeply poignant story of friendship, loss, heartache and survival. A MUST READ! 5*, 7 Jan 2014
ARC Provided by Author for an honest review at: [...]

Come to me Quietly is a deeply poignant story of friendship, loss, heartache and survival. It speaks of unbreakable bonds that form in early childhood - of hope, trust and second chances.

A young man swarmed with guilt and hatred due to a tragic event paves the way to self destruction. Jared cannot be saved. His body a canvas of past sins, his future laden with dark uncertainty.

Siblings, Aly and Christopher are his only link to the past, one he desperately seeks to forget. But sometimes, the past that you seek to run from has a way of catching up with you, as those who once loved the innocent, never forget and never let go.

Jared feels unworthy of their attentions as they struggle to rekindle the friendship they all once held so reverently - tainted, he destroys everything in his path and as much as he cares for this girl who is teaching him what it feels once more to belong, the self- destruct bomb continues to tick...

Jared broke my heart. His pain and internal suffering was palpable to the point that I could almost taste it. A.L Jackson is the Queen of emotional projection. Her words penetrate so fluently through your mind that they take hold, cocoon you within its walls so that the story becomes apart of you.

My heart hurt, my soul ached and yet my hope, my aid came in our heroine, Aly. You beautiful, selfless girl. The love for her broken best friend was pure, unyielding and tentative. Her manner innocent yet her voice strong, she is the embodiment of goodness and light. In a world where darkness prevails, Jared inhales and takes, her heavenly light a reprieve to the hell he lives through everyday.

A.L Jackson never fails me. Ever! In fact I would be inclined to say that up to this point, Come to me Quietly is my favourite book of hers. This story had a profound impact on me. Jared is one of the most tortured characters I have come across, his story just broke my heart and I wanted to reach out and hold him. Comfort him. His story, his pain became my pain and I had to see it through with him to the end.

Aly and Jared's story consumed me. This is a book you can devour in one sitting if you can dedicate the time, because trust me, you won't be able to put it down!

If you are a fan of Beautifully Damaged by L.A Fiore and Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire than I recommend you add this to your January TBR!

5 Stars.

Return to Poughkeepsie (The Poughkeepsie Series Book 2)
Return to Poughkeepsie (The Poughkeepsie Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beckett & Eve unite in this action-packed sequel. Absolutely Brilliant! 5*, 30 Dec 2013
ARC Supplied by the Author for an honest review at Perusing Princesses: [...]

BOOK REVIEW: Return to Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie, #2) by Debra Anastasia

His heart overflowed with good intentions but his fists felt best covered in blood.

Beckett, Eve and the brothers are back in this thrilling, action packed, turf-war-death-match-undercover-joy-ride that separates the cold, calculating assassins from the killers.

There's a new player in town! Escalating crime fuelled by a scorned mafia boss' daughter has rendered Poughkeepsie a vendetta playground and the time has come to take the power back...

There is just one problem; Beckett has disappeared. Alienating himself from his Brothers and the only woman who has ever captured his heart is the hardest thing he has ever done. A necessary evil if it means keeping his loved ones safe from retribution - Taking comfort that his decision with allow them a chance to lead a normal life. Now, a wanted felon, he has no choice but to remain on the lam, living anonymously running a liquor store in a small town four hours away. However he is not alone, as he gains a trusty new companion: an ugly mutt called Gandhi (He will steal your heart, trust me!)

"They're still looking for you."
Cole's serious eyes found Beckett's.
"Ah, somebody's always looking for me. That's the price of infamy."

Five years Eve has tried to let it go, tried to forget the man who turned her world upside down. Beckett was her only failed mission; instead of killing the man who stoles everything from her, she fell in love with him. Promising to stay close to his Brothers, she keeps her ear to the ground and a lock on her heart. That is until she gets involved with an undercover cop and together they tap into the underground workings of a mafia boss' Daughter who not only seeks to gain control of Poughkeepsie while her Father is incarcerated in a rehabilitation centre, but to destroy the very foundations that her family name was built upon. She is reckless, blindsided by hate. Her heart torn in two by a notorious drug dealer and conman. The whores who once had Beckett's protection are murdered. Children and partners closest to the business, kidnapped - the time has come for answers only Eve and her accomplice can deliver.

Eve's work is flawless, her skills in the art of assassination exemplary, until her family is compromised...

Beckett. They took her. Someone took Livia. I don't know -"
"Brother, I'll be there in four hours. Keep your phone close. Call Eve."

Eve is up to her eyeballs in mafiosa s***, her game plan thwarted as she puts her heart before her head and makes a mistake that has the ability to destroy everything... and there is only one person who has balls big enough to save her.

Written in third person, Debra has successfully portrayed yet another compelling, fast-paced, crime-fuelled underworld with honesty and love. Regardless of Beckett and Eve's life choices, eternal love has the power to conquer. That tattoo signifies unity, survival, brotherhood that runs thicker than blood - but overall, it signifies unyielding love and a place called home.

Return to Poughkeepsie is as much Eve's story as it is Beckett's. Her challenge in penetrating the solid walls of a mafia family will leave your heart in your throat as she puts her skills to use in order to keep her home, the AWOL man she loves, and her family safe.

Beckett holds the key to her success, although it doesn't come until after the 50% mark, but when it does - hold on tight! There is no stopping these two when it comes to `protect and eradicate.'

Blake and Livia are my light in the bloody darkness, their love is so beautiful, so unforgiving that I inhaled every scene with tummy fluttering joy as they play the happy family with their two beautiful babies.

Cole and Kyle just work! Polar opposites who prove that marriage doesn't come without its problems as they work through one of the biggest challenges they may ever face. Invest in tissues... their plight made me shed a tear or two!

Debra Anastasia has succeeded once again in delivering a dark, gritty, unconventional love story in its rawest of forms.

5 `Nuts of Wrath' Starry Crowns.

Can't wait for BOOK 3! <3

The Quarter Moon (Afterlife saga Book 4)
The Quarter Moon (Afterlife saga Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark, decadent, thrilling and totally unstoppable. It doesn't get much better than this! 5*, 20 Dec 2013
Another thrilling and immeasurably profound supernatural masterpiece from Stephanie Hudson as she steers the Afterlife Saga in a whole new direction. Be prepared to partake in the journey of a lifetime. Dark, decadent, thrilling and totally unstoppable. Kelly, Perusing Princesses

"This was Afterlife and inside, I had found that in the literal sense in more ways than one. It both contained the elements of dreams and nightmares, Heaven and Hell's creatures and the living Gods of a world most people would run from if they only knew the truth. But me...well I was running, screaming into the arms of that world and praying with every step that it would take me back." - Keira Williams

The Draven's may rule, but it seems Kiera is making quite an impression among many a hell brethren in this fourth installment as she takes hold of the `Electus' reigns, and proves her worth in a world that is now as much part of her, as her beating heart.

Now that my friends is how it's done! The Quarter Moon is that book in a series that throws a spanner in the entire workings. Just when you think you have it all figured out... BAM! I spent most of my time reading this book shaking my head in disbelief and cursing the powers that be as these new events start to unfold. When you think all hope is lost, you get a glimpse of some real defining moments as to Kiera's inner strength and personal character growth that will have you flying the flag of newfound respect for our heroine as she partakes on the journey of a lifetime.

From grief-stricken heartbreak to hell and back again, Stephanie Hudson has exceeded and excelled. Her level of descriptive text flows like the River Styx as you feel yourself immersed within a world that flows consistent with our own giving it substance and plausibility. Keira's plight is thwart with danger and yet her sassy, sarcastic British humour keeps the story fresh and the element of hope alive; delivering momentary brightness in a world so profoundly dark. But even darkness holds elements of light and goodness as Dominic Draven takes a back seat in hell while Kiera proves her worth in the supernatural community as she vows to do whatever it takes to get the King back home where he belongs.

Her only means to locating her soul mate is via cryptic guidance from a powerful Oracle. Keira takes the bait as she accepts this new mission, only to realise very quickly that she has bit off a little more than she can chew.

Enter Sigurd; the unlikeliest of aid comes in the form of a `shadowed-knight-serpent-bad-ass-biker-demon-dude' who can give Draven a run for his money in the power ring. The king of Ouroboros, his protection runs blood deep as he and Keira set-off together at the request of the Oracle to seek the answers they need to open the gates to the Devil's playground.

Enter Cerberus; The gatekeeper to hell and all of its resident Hell-beasts, who is also 'kind of' a werewolf. Deadly, unforgiving and feared, he provides the only key, and fortunately in need of a new pet. A vow is his price for protection and entrance into the underworld but at what personal cost? Kiera just wants her Draven back so she makes a decision that not only unites them, but gives her crucial leverage in a deadly game of hide and seek...

What Kiera goes through in this 700 page thrill ride is nothing short of extraordinary. Stephanie really did put everything into this one. This author can take an idea and make it breathe. The slow build up made the cataclysmic finale astonishing and totally unpredictable. I never expected the later events to unfold as they did and to be honest, I'm a little upset at the direction it took me in, only because I want what's best for Keira. After everything she went though, everything she sacrificed, I was left feeling a little bereft. Regardless of this, The Quarter Moon gave me everything and more. Every emotion was touched upon as it pulls you in deep and doesn't let go until the very end. And I'm delighted to say a little scratch was itched along the way. :D

I once said that the Afterlife saga had the potential to rival worldwide international bestsellers and I continue to stand by that statement more so now than ever. This 4th book is the ultimate clincher as it steers this series in a whole new direction.

Look out for a few old favourites too; but the new guys...holy hot inked lovin' leather biker boots...they will certainly make you question those loyalties. I can't say I would be as strong as Keira, lets put it that way!

Roll on 2014 for book five!

Procter Pest-Stop Snap Trap (Boxed Single Pack)
Procter Pest-Stop Snap Trap (Boxed Single Pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 traps - 3 mice dead!, 18 Dec 2013
I noticed mouse droppings in my kitchen cupboard and utility room. After frantically bleaching and removing all the mess, I bought these pre-baited mouse traps and they have worked every night. I had one to start with and it killed a mouse on its debut evening. Then I bought two more, and two more mice were killed the following evening. Each time it has caught the mouse around the neck, which killed it outright. It's a sad turn to events, but they are nuisance who pose a health threat and as a mother of two young children, they simply just have to go! THESE TRAPS WORK!

Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers Book 2)
Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping from beginning to end - The perfect sequel! 5*, 12 Dec 2013
Dark, compelling, deathly violent and just fan-bloody-tastic!

"I'll never be able to tell anyone that after everything I've been through, everything that I've seen, I want nothing more than to pack my bags and go back to that dangerous life. The life with Victor... I need it. I need him." - Sarai Cohen.

"Sarai is a defiant girl. She is hard and reckless and fearless to a fault. But she is determined and she is strong. Despite her problem with discipline, and how she still hasn't fully tapped into that criminal mindset in which is key in helping to keep her alive, I know that she can succeed in this life." - Victor Faust.

Only J.A Redmerski can somehow compel her readers into sympathising with cold blooded murderers. How? Well for the simple reason that she's gifted, that's how! With intelligent plotting, a rapid pace and some real heartstopping moments, she has delivered yet another unforgettable story of the secret and sordid world of assassination with faultless execution.

I wasn't sure if Reviving Izabel would hold the same level of grit as the first book. Victor truly threw me for a loop in Killing Sarai because his character was so unpredictable, you never knew what he was thinking or what course of action he would take and I loved that. Well, I am happy to say that the unpredictability factor still remains in this book but not so much where his feelings for Sarai are concerned, he makes those very clear as he accepts that in order to keep them both alive they need to stay together.

Sarai has made a decision and one that will change the course of her life, forever. With only her time on the run with Victor as reference Sarai is ready to put the young, scared and victimised girl to rest...

Enter alter ego, Izabel Seyfried. A woman out to seek retribution for the crimes committed against her and others like her. Javier Ruiz was only just the beginning as she puts her plans into action, only this time, she will be doing it alone.

It's been months since Victor said goodbye to Sarai, promising himself to stay away from the girl who turned his disciplined life upside down. Although, in true Victor Faust style he never once took his eye off the ball, her protection assured he remained at a distance to give her the chance to lead a normal life. He never expected to receive that call from Dina to say she had left and gone back to the place that he made that final kill in her presence. Immediately he knows that she can't let it go. Let him go. Even though it will ultimately get her killed...

Battling against the clock, Victor's mission is to find Sarai before it's too late. When he succeeds, Victor is surprised to learn of her newfound plans of revenge. He never wanted this for her, but Sarai is stubborn, undisciplined and adamant. This is her choice, her chance at living a normal life died before she met Victor...but he opened the back door and now she wants in.

With a new accomplice and trusted friend in Fredrik; intense training in hand to hand combat, knives, firearms and teachings from the best in the game starts to prove invaluable. Gradually, Izabel starts to feel impatient, she just wants to get the job done... but until you have been tested, initiated and prove you can be trusted - that your loyalty knows no bounds, all those teachings are relative when in the company of killers...

This series plays like a movie script as each scene flits effortlessly in full Technicolor through your mind. From her sudden decision, to that pivotal moment when her plans come to fruition Sarai/Izabel is one incredible character. I would say heroine but I'm not sure I would label her a hero. Okay, so she wants in on killing the bad people, and yes...these are really bad people. Evil people who hide behind money and power, so I can see the justification in that, hence my connection to the characters and the compelling plot that kept me awake all night because I couldn't get this story out of my head.

Some parts are disturbing which are to be expected, we are talking about professional murderers here after all; the robotic cold, calculating, unrelenting kind, but WOW, talk about pageturner! Just when you thought it was safe...BAM! Heart in your throat stuff with a nice little twist thrown in for good measure.

Absolutely Brilliant!