Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Wiltshire, England.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Two Roads (Gypsy Brothers Book 6)
Two Roads (Gypsy Brothers Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best MC series out there! Six down... One to go..., 3 Oct. 2014
Get your tissues at the ready with this one! Ouch... that was heavy!

I cannot speak highly enough of this MC Series, I know there are a lot of MC Romances out there at the moment, in-fact I'm probably quite accurate when I say the market is becoming somewhat saturated by this genre since the explosion of Sons of Anarchy, and no, I'm not complaining! Some are fantastic, while others a little formulaic and overdone. What I love about the Gypsy Brothers is they are unlike any other MC's out there, they are the ultimate nightmare. This series has the grit, but it also has something else, something more - Juliette.

The idea of a female assassin on a mission of vengeance really does take this genre to a whole new level. There is nothing formulaic here, this series is unique, dark, gritty and downright disturbing at times, with a villain to rival the best of the worst. Dornan Ross is the devil, there's no doubt about it. As a character he scares the ever loving ST out of me but what an incredible character he is.

Juliette is our heroine, even though I wouldn't necessarily regard her as heroic. She is a murderer. A very disturbed, scorned individual who wants nothing more than to dance on the ashes of a man who destroyed her, she only has one mission in life, and that is to kill him. I mean come on... how screwed up is that? But you feel the hurt, you agree with the mission to the point that you hope in the end she succeeds - well, I do, anyway and isn't that a scary thought! :D

All I can say is it all comes down to the execution, the perfect flow, the profound scene structuring and the dialogue, and the crazy talent that is Lili St. Germain. This woman has pushed boundaries, set a precedent, and I know from now on pretty much every MC book I read will be compared to how this series makes me feel.

Most of the time I forget to breathe. How often does a book or a series actually do that to you? Well the Gypsy Brothers certainly does it to me, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

In this 6th instalment, Juliette is trying to come to terms of the last three months. Dornan Ross has no limits, no depths to how low he can sink, and he proved that in Three Years. Juliette knows what hell feels like having been incarcerated by the devil himself. Her only saving grace is Jase; the man she loves, and the Father of the baby she is now carrying. But since Jase's confession, Juliette is lost. The once strong and impenetrable wall is starting to crumble, and everything she fought for is starting to slip through her fingers.

There is a scene in this book that is difficult. Without giving too much away, it is very upsetting so be prepared to have tissues at hand.

The ending... well, lets just say the final instalment is going to be very interesting indeed. I can't see how Juliette is going to get out of this one but knowing Lili, she has something wicked up her sleeve.

If you haven't started this series yet, then what the hell are you waiting for? Each book is a 2-hour read, so get starting now, you have 12 hours to catch up on!

5-STARS

Bright Side
Bright Side

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright Side is one of the most empowering, emotional and unforgettable reads of 2014! 5-STARS, 3 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Bright Side (Kindle Edition)

"Today, my life is awesome. I don't want to think about tomorrow. Or the day after that. So I repeat to myself: Today, my life is awesome."

Bright Side isn't just another college based romance, this is a journey of life. Sometimes it's insanely beautiful, a gift, while at others, it can be arduous and painful. This is that book. A story of substance, honesty, empowerment, and with three of the most amazing characters I have ever had the privilege to meet.

As far as heroines go, Kate Sedgwick is up there with the best. She is fun-loving, sassy, intelligent and witty with the heart of a thousand Angels. Her character shines and her zest for life is inspiring and addictive. No matter what is thrown at her, she takes it on the chin, stands up straight and puts a positive spin on everything, even the bad. But what makes her really shine is the dialogue, this girl has a wicked sense of humour, her comebacks are absolutely epic. Everyone needs a Katie in their life, even if it's only in this wondrous world of literary make-believe... regardless, she's penetrated and set up home in my heart, therefore, for me, she is very real indeed. I can only attribute that to the wonderful writing. This is my first book by Kim Holden and it won't be my last!

Besides Katie, there are two other characters that made this book for me;

Gus, the straight-talking, aspiring rock star best friend.

And

Keller, the beautiful coffee shop boy who likes to keep people at a comfortable distance.

Katie never wanted to fall in love, and sleeping with Gus on her last night at home before embarking on her new college experience wasn't in the itinerary. For fear of it causing complications, she sticks to her plans and moves to Grant, near Minneapolis with somewhat of a heavy heart.

Gus never felt happiest then that one night only with his best friend, but he is adamant that his girl, his Bright Side follows her dreams, and he follow his. Being on the road with a band is no place for a young woman who wants nothing more than to educate herself in teaching children with special needs. That's Bright Side, always willing to put others before herself, even him.

Keller works at Grounds, the coffee shop near campus. A major in pre-law, he keeps himself to himself, and saves every penny he makes so he can pop back home to Chicago every other weekend. He isn't forthcoming with information and Katie is happy to let it slide, after all... everyone has secrets, even her.

Falling in love should be met with joy, instead for Katie, it is met with crushing guilt and fear.

Keller isn't backing down, Gus isn't keen on letting her go, and Katie... is met with a difficult decision. Do you live for the moment, take what you can and hold onto it with both hands, or do you walk away, knowing that your path is set in stone, and no matter what you do to change it, the outcome will always be the same?

I will leave it there, I don't want to give away any spoilers, but what I will say is this story is profoundly deep, sensual, fun and thought-provoking.

It tells of new friendships, of love, of trust, and everything in-between, and you bask in its glory from start to finish.

Bright Side is one hell of a page turner, and if you can get over the excessive use of the word, 'dude' in the early pages, you will come to realise it's the best endearment ever.

Also, great news... Gus is getting his own book in 2015. <3

5 'DO EPIC, DUDE' STARS!

READ IT!

Driven (The Driven Series Book 1)
Driven (The Driven Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars An emotional hot romance with a dramatic edge. Hello... Colton Donavon!, 6 Sept. 2014
4 'Ace' Stars.

<excerpt>He exudes virility, evokes desire, and commands attention all with a single look from his stunning eyes. He's edgy and reckless and you want to go along for the ride hoping to get a glimpse of his tender side that breaks through every now and again. The bad boy with a touch of vulnerability who leaves you breathless and steals your heart.</excerpt> Rylee Thomas

Driven delivered in so many ways. The writing was wonderful, the sexual tension was palpable and the pace made this a great slow build with enough character progression allowing the reader to connect on a personal level. It did hold many similarities to Fifty Shades but all is forgiven because this book is compelling as much as it is frustrating.

Rylee, our heroine and storyteller is a kind woman with a good heart who is finally coming out of the shadows of a two year living nightmare. The man she promised to marry is gone and all that is left is bad memories and deep seated scars.

Colton Donavon aka 'Ace' is every woman's walking wet dream; a successful racing car driver and millionaire playboy. The son of a famous Hollywood movie director he has the world falling at his feet (or a blond bombshell or two hundred) but inside he is hiding a multitude of pain. He may be beautiful, successful and rich but there is a side to him that very few ever see...

When a childrens charity event throws these two young and emotionally baggage claiming souls together, neither could have predicted what was to follow as their two very different worlds, collide

Colton makes no reservations in telling Rylee he wants her in his bed, but with no promises of commitment, Rylee is scared to open her heart to the notorious womaniser because she knows it will end badly. Refusing to be inconsequential she throws up a wall in the safe hopes of keeping a distance - unfortunately, in doing so, she has become his greatest challenge yet, and with his persuasive charm and stellar bedroom skills, she knows it's only a matter of time before she succumbs to his every whim.

"I want to take my time with you, Rylee. I want to build you up nice and slow and sweet like you need. Push you to crash over that edge. And then I want to fk you the way I need to. Fast and hard until you're screaming my name. The way I've wanted to since you fell out of that storage closet and into my life." - Colton Donavon

This man doesn't do relationships, and Rylee doesn't do one night stands so something has to give, but giving him her heart can only lead to one thing ... heartbreak.

And WOW what a sexually charged, emotionally thwart story this was. Driven is that book that has you sighing, swooning and teeth-gritting all at the same time. Indeciveness, regret, guilt and an overpowering need to belong is the main theme here. Rylee and Colton reminded me of two kids on a see-saw, they were up one minute and down the next, and neither was budging anytime soon. It got a little monotonous at times, whereas others Colton would do something out of character and so selfless it would just melt your heart, the warmth of it flowing right down to your toes. Apart from his dirty mouth, which was one of his finer attributes in my opinion, he is a man of many layers and I believe we have only just touched the surface.

Rylee came across as the sort of person you could easily befriend but you would handle with kid gloves. Not surprising given the events of her recent past but still, her inner warring in respect of Colton gave me a bout of whiplash. Still strong in her own way, her zest for giving life another shot was inspiring, even though I feared for her the fact that she decided to go for it gave me a newfound respect for her later on in the story.

There is no denying it though, and just like our girl here, I fell hard for Colton Donavon - the broken alpha with a dark and tortured soul. Rylee is his saviour and I'm certain she can fix him... but after that gut-wrenching ending, she's got her work cut out and with no checkered flag in sight anytime soon, it may be a long time coming.

READ IT!

Saving Abel (Rocker Series Book 1)
Saving Abel (Rocker Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars And I so wanted to LOVE IT. Not a bad book, just not quite the crowd-pleaser I was hoping for., 6 Sept. 2014
This book is hot, but unfortunately the storyline just fell a little flat for me. As much as I wanted to go all groupie on Abel Gunner, I just couldn't do it. He was so one dimensional it hurt. Gia was somewhat of an enigma. Raised by a money grabbing b-t-ch of a woman, she was ordered to set out and become a whore to the star of the moment, and yet Gia hated her Mother to the point of being terrified but followed through even though she loved Abel fiercely.

Every little discrepancy was met with drama of epic proportions which made this story totally unbelievable. If you are looking for a hot guilty pleasure read that doesn't make you think too hard then its fine, because there really isn't much of a plot here, just pure unadulterated filth between a bad boy with Daddy issues and a girl who is hiding the hidden agenda of a shameful Mother. Mmm... not bad but not quite the crowd-pleaser I was hoping for. The ending defied belief... but sadly, I wasn't surprised by it.

I know many readers will love this story, and as far as the writing goes, it was very good. The sex even made me blush which is saying something! That opening chapter was a real 'whoa' moment, so therefore it started pretty strong, but for me personally, I felt it lost its footing along the way.

Playing in the Rain
Playing in the Rain

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, touching and deeply emotional., 6 Sept. 2014
'Inspiring, touching and emotional. Playing in the Rain is a beautiful love story that focuses on living life to the fullest, and one that stays with you long after the final page.' ~ Kelly, Perusing Princesses

My heart hurts, my eyes are red and puffy and I am in dire need of a hug followed by a stiff vodka. My goodness me, what a beautiful, uplifting and emotional love story. If Playing in the Rain has taught me anything, it's that life is precious and time, however long, however short, will always be working against us.

This may be a shorter story than what we're used to from Jane Harvey-Berrick, but it doesn't make it any less compelling. These characters and this storyline has just found a special place in my heart. It made me laugh and cry. It made my heart feel light and airy in one moment, only for the next to ache and break into a thousand tiny pieces.

Cody is a beautiful, selfless character who I fell for almost immediately. He is handsome but humble, innocent and kind, strong and passionate but he is hiding something behind those stunning blues and as the story progresses, it's not difficult for the reader to figure out what that may be...

Ava is living an unfulfilled life mapped out by her controlling Father. Her job as an accountant may pay the bills but it was never 'her' dream. When a young man and a very wet dog enters her life one rainy day she never envisioned how much he was to change her. She never gave much thought to her predicament until Cody shows her that life really is for the taking. Of making your own choices and putting aside those reservations and setting yourself free. His positive and carefree outlook may be somewhat naive but his energy and compassion for others is rare and addictive. Like a guardian angel paving the way to something more, something real, to prove that dreams can come true if you are brave enough to reach for them.

Sunsets and stars, sand and sea, sunshine and rain, this story incorporated all the most beautiful things in the world, and I held it in my hands, if only for a little while.

Read it!!!

Drops of Rain (Hale Brothers Series Book 1)
Drops of Rain (Hale Brothers Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Drops of Rain is an emotionally charged, coming of age romance that will have you turning the pages long into the night., 6 Sept. 2014
Drops of Rain is an emotionally charged, coming of age romance that will have you turning the pages long into the night. A Must Read!!! - Kelly, Perusing Princesses

Drops of Rain is more than its title suggests, this isn't just a fleeting light scatter, think more... whirlwind as it sweeps you up and whisks you away on a journey that is, quite simply, unforgettable. The ride is warm but turbulent, beautiful yet emotional, profound and sincere, while delivering a clear message; Love will find you, if only if you are brave enough to believe in it.Drops of Rain is a story of friendship, trust, brotherhood, dark secrets and finding belief in self-worth. It hooked me from the off, and didn't let up until the very end.

A beautifully written debut that focuses on two remarkable young souls who understand life's struggles. The elusive and quiet Drew Hale vs the grieving and lonely new girl, Ali, makes for an electrifying combination. Their journey has incredible depth and flow, it wasn't rushed but nurtured with a caring hand, giving the reader time to connect with the characters and understand their needs, their dreams, their fears and to watch them grow and gain in strength together as one was a humbling and pleasurable experience.

There is a darker subject matter lurking behind the bright and sunny Florida backdrop that gives this story its angst factor. You will experience a myriad of emotions such as anger, upset and intrigue, but Drew and Ali shine as two characters that, despite all odds, are brave enough to fight for what they believe in, even if those sacrifices come with dire consequences.

A strong and highly commendable debut. Can't wait for Beau's story in book 2!

Grit
Grit

3.0 out of 5 stars Grit is one crazy hot alpha induced ride., 6 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Grit (Kindle Edition)
Grit is one crazy hot alpha induced ride. Erotic, edgy, fast-paced with a darker MC theme running throughout - Kelly, Perusing Princesses Blog

So, why the three stars? Well, don't get me wrong, three is still a very respectable rating in my eyes, but I just didn't quite 'get' Jaeger. I appreciate that the one percenter MC's are renowned for being all about the club, the booze and most importantly, the pussy, but the latter is all it seemed to focus on.

Jaeger also had his defining moments, he didn't make excuses for his behaviour, and no one could say he was never honest, but I'm not sure if honesty was always the best policy, here. I did a few eye rolls after expressing for the 100th time that he wanted a good sucking off, therefore it got a little monotonous and stale in the belly. Grit did pick up later on in the book, and the end was pretty riveting. Well, okay, there was nothing pretty about it, but it was a pivotal moment and it certainly ended on a high note.

The neglected teen-turned-underground fighter-turned MC Prez was an exciting notion but it felt a little crammed. Then... comes the 'Master/BDSM/Kidnap/Slavery' theme later on with Cain - MC partner turned enemy. It just seemed 'too much.' I love dark romance and I enjoy a steamy hot erotica, but this was like all my favourite themed stories rolled into one, and it didn't quite work.

Phoenix was a feisty female lead and I liked her in the beginning. Pulling a gun on a notoriously dangerous MC Prez was ballsy, and while the banter was funny at times, it also came across a little whiney and juvenile at others.

This IS NOT a bad story, it is written well, as what we have come to expect from this amazing author, but I guess I didn't connect with this one like I really wanted to. This is deeply erotic with a lot of crass dialogue so go in knowing that and you will probably love it, I guess I just expected something more. Overall the story was good enough to keep me gripped and I read most of it in one evening.

So what is this book really about? Well, in a nutshell, Phoenix (born Dillon) is the only child of a farmer with a gambling addiction. When he dies and leaves the farm as payment, Jaeger is more than happy to collect. The only problem is, the old man promised it to another MC club too. And to top it off... Cain, a drug/sex slave trafficker has got his eye on the ultimate prize... the stunning redhead who calls herself Phoenix. Jaeger is enamoured for the first time with a woman, he has fantasised about her for years after seeing her one night at an underground fight, in his mind he has already claimed her, and no-one takes what is rightfully his...

This story incorporates elements that we love in MC romance, with some strong secondary characters too. I really loved Sarge, albeit he's one crazy SOAB, I feel he has more scope and a wiser personality, so I would like to see the author continue this series with his and Milina's story. <3

Positive/Negativity: The "Depth of Emotion" Book 1 (The Depth of Emotion)
Positive/Negativity: The "Depth of Emotion" Book 1 (The Depth of Emotion)

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful romance with a touch of thriller and intrigue., 6 Sept. 2014
Positive/Negativity is a beautiful romance with a touch of thriller and intrigue.

Declan and Aria are two characters destined to be together, but with one villainous psychopath adamant in tearing them apart, there is only so much two soul mates can endure before the world they built comes crashing down.

This book had everything that makes a good story work. I loved the pace, it really did set the scene from the outset, and I swear I could hear the crashing waves, smell the sea air and taste the coffee. D.D Lorenzo wasn't afraid to put that pen to paper and try something new because the writing style was a little quirky, with a distinct uniqueness that took a little getting used to, but once I did everything fell into place like the perfect puzzle piece.

This story focuses on our two main protagonists, Aria and Declan. Aria is a successful property developer and Declan is a famous male model, suffice to say, they are both from very different worlds.

Losing her Father has taken a big toll on Aria, so she takes some much needed time out and goes back to the place where the perfect childhood memories were made; to her uncle's beach house.

Declan is tired of the hectic New York modelling and social scene, the industry is pretentious and fickle, packed full of people who only care about themselves. The time has come to take a back seat as he revisits his secret retreat at the beach to get some perspective and think about moving forward with a new business plan.

Everyday she walks alone, holding her cup of coffee, the beautiful girl with an aire of sadness. Something about her calls to Declan, as he makes it his mission to introduce himself to the new neighbour.

Aria may be grieving but she isn't blind to the beautiful man in front of her, but the last thing she needs is another complication in the form of a relationship, especially with the calibre of man Declan falls under. But as they become more acquainted, a mutual friendship ensues.

Marisol is a drop gorgeous supermodel. She may have the public's respect but within the Industry, she is renowned for being a self absorbed conniving brat who always gets what she wants... Well, almost always. Declan has never given a second thought to her advances and this has annoyed her greatly, but nothing more so when she learns of the woman who keeps him company at his beach house. A private investigator later and what started as jealous intrigue turns into a dangerous obsession...

Declan and Aria' s friendship blossoms into something undeniably real and beautiful, but little do they know, something sinister is brewing, and their new found love is about to be put to the ultimate test...

Positive/Negativity is the perfect title, because while everything may appear great on the outside, the pull of darkness is forever lurking. A far as villains go, Marisol is as cunning as they get. Be prepared to hate her with a passion! I detest her character and yet without her, this story wouldn't have worked.

As I mentioned, the writing style took a little getting used to as it flips from third person narrative to first, and both character viewpoints, although the star breaks definitely help in deciphering what character scene is next. Look out for the closing sentences at the end of each chapter too, I thought this was a great little touch and not something I have seen before. My only gripe is some of the dialogue was over wordy and drawn out. I think the characters needed to take a breath now and then, but other than that I really did enjoy Declan and Aria's story.

If you want to delve into something new and refreshing that goes against the grain, then give this book a go!

This Broken Beautiful Thing
This Broken Beautiful Thing

4.0 out of 5 stars MC fans will love this, second half really outshines the first, so give it a go! 4-STARS, 6 Sept. 2014
I'll be honest, this book started off a little ropey for me, it seemed a little juvenile and erratic in pace but trust me when I say, this story turns on a dime! Innocent girl in trouble vs possessive and broken MC hitman in a tale of friendship, love, fear and heartbreak.. my goodness, this was one hell of a page-turner!

Harley is only eighteen when she finds out she's pregnant, but instead of the news being met with devastation, she knows the love of her life will always be there to support her. Caleb and Harley have been best friends since childhood, they are a force to be reckoned with, completely impenetrable , or so she thought…

The ultimate betrayal is what makes Harley flee, but as the traffic lights turn red, her life is again turned upside down when she runs it and crashes into Jace (Road name, Raven) a member of Devils Grimm.

The last thing Jace needed was another excuse to have the police sniffing around, but as he helps the injured girl from her car, it soon becomes apparent that the police may be a safer option as his learns he's just hit the daughter of his MC President!

Life in ruins and a miscarrage scare later, Harley decides to move in with her Father and Stepmother at the club, and with Jace forever attentive at her side, they soon become a little more than just friends. But Harley is unprepared for the lifestyle that living with a MC brings - the whores are one thing, but Jace is suffocating, and what started as friendship and blossoming romance turns into something darker, laced in fear and concern.

Jace isn’t the hero, in-fact, he's far from it, but Harley sees the good in him, but with everything he’s done, everything he’s seen, pulling him back from the darkness is one battle she knows she may not be strong enough to win.

Caleb is distraught, his should never have let her go but when he bumps into her 4-years later, he’s met with the biggest shock of his life, but one that resonates strongly of hope as he fights to get back what is rightfully his.

Jace isn’t a man you cross, and he isn’t prepared to let Harley go… and things are about to get messy. Very very messy!

Having a stripper for a mother, and an MC President for a Father, Harley doesn’t have the best background. Living in a trailer, while befriending a few rich kids just proves that our situation doesn’t reflect on who we are, and Harley’s character was full living proof of this. She’s a kind, forgiving and caring young lady who was dealt a very bad hand and did the best of what she was given. I really liked her character, although the running away when things got tough got a little monotonous and her lack of judgement when it came to people’s crystal clear intentions (i.e. ex best-friend) was tiresome, but overall, I thought it was great to watch her blossom and come into her own. There is one scene with a baseball bat that granted her instant respect in my eyes, and from then on I really started to connect with her character.

Jace is the embodiment of good vs evil. He has a side to him that is loveable and you would forgive him anything, and in the next he would just turn and be the man you fear above all others. He is incredibly broken, his mistakes and actions defying him and while he lets the darkness in, Harley is the light, and once he gets a taste he realises he cannot live without it, and the lengths he goes to, to hold onto that little piece of heaven is disturbing. From the beginning you are rooting for him, you are starting to grow to love him, respect him, desire him… then BANG! Everything changes, and the hero becomes the villain, and I loved that about his character. He has many facets, and I can’t wait to see where the author takes him.

Caleb was just a jock, nothing special, nothing about his character jumped out at you, but I think that was the point because that ‘turning on a dime’ thing I mentioned earlier… yeah, it turns, and you start to realise that Harley may have quite possibly made the biggest mistake by running in the first place.

I just loved this story, there were a few elements that grated, especially the dialogue and certain actions in the first half, but the second half really does come into its own and because of this, I give this book a high 4.

I’m looking forward to continuing with this series.

Vanquish
Vanquish

5.0 out of 5 stars Another wondrous journey by Pam Godwin, into the more darker and dangerous side of romance. 4.5 Stars, 25 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Vanquish (Kindle Edition)
<Excerpt>He was a kidnapper, a rapist, and she ached to be repulsed by him, just to prove she was sane, but she couldn't. And she wasn't. His scarred beauty radiated seduction and danger, a deadly combination.</Excerpt>

*Vanquish is book two in the Deliver series but can be read as a standalone*.

Pam Godwin has done it again! This woman knows how to deliver a very intricate, character-driven story with honesty and compassion. Her characters are never easy to relate to and not always likeable; their journey one of disquiet, yet alarmingly wondrous as you get sucked into the more darker and dangerous side of romance.

Van Quiso doesn't exist. The son of a sex trafficker and a slave, his start in life was met with abuse and neglect. His only saviour was Liv Reed, he was her master, her torment, her door into the dark world of sexual slavery. Their Daughter was the only evidence that their communion existed, and even then, she was stripped from them at birth and brought up my the monster who created him. Now, Liv is free, and has access to Livana, while Van stalks in the shadows, hoping to one day play a pivotal role in her life.

Amber has suffered with mental illness for most of her life - a passing gift from her Mother. The ex beauty queen stumbled at the last hurdle when her narcissistic ex boyfriend trod on her self esteem, finally breaking her, aiding her down spiral into the darkest depths of imprisonment, not only in her own home, but of the mind. Her past has created a vacuum of fear and self deprecation fuelling her conditions of Bulimia, OCD and Agoraphobia. Her only reprieve is the delivery man who systematically brings her to orgasm twice a week, and her craft work in leather goods; her only form of income.

They were never supposed to meet, but with her drapes closed and no sign of life within her four walls, Van suspects the house next door to Liv is empty… but one night, he realises that he was very much mistaken.

Immediately taken with the beautiful yet very broken women, he sets his sights on a new target, a new release to take him away from his apparent failure as a son, a master and a father, and Amber is the perfect distraction…

"I'm the slippery foot print in your carpet. The creaking floor that steals air from your lungs. The hand that holds the gun. I'm the inescapable curse that caught you when you opened your door.”

This story really focuses on Van and Amber as two very broken souls come together. I am the first to admit that I love a tortured alpha, but I didn’t care much for Van Quiso in Deliver. His methods seemed cruel and his love for mannequin dolls kinda freaked me out. He certainly wasn’t book boyfriend material, but I was very interested to see where the author would go with his story, and wow, I didn’t quite expect this!

Amber in the earlier chapters was neurotic and irrevocably broken but I liked her. She coped with her illness in ways that were heartbreaking as much as they were courageous. She may have a panic attack just sitting on the doorstep, or looking out an open window but her spirit remained strong… the girl had fight and I liked that she didn’t play the victim 24/7.

But is there just one victim here? Van may be controlling and have a truck load of issues, but when he is confronted by another who knows what it means to be left alone to survive in the darkness, something snaps. For the first time, Liv doesn’t become a priority, and his training in the art of dominance may just be the one thing that not only saves Amber from herself, but him too.

"When I met her, I wanted to pick apart her freaky little agoraphobic mind and play with the pieces. I wanted to become her obsession, her solitary devotion, her fear, but along the way, she picked me apart. I'm the one who is obsessed, devoted…scared."

This is very much a new start for Van, a redemption, a metamorphosis, a freeing and feel-good story that held elements of beauty, even though the subject matter remained on the dark erotica side, a great combination that was expertly executed. Yep! Pam does it again!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20