Profile for Popcorn Player > Reviews

INNOKIN itaste MVP2.0 BLACK - Advance-Electronic Cigarettes
INNOKIN itaste MVP2.0 BLACK - Advance-Electronic Cigarettes
Offered by DirectToU

5.0 out of 5 stars The best alternative for smoking, 27 Oct 2014
For anyone looking for an alternative to smoking, look no further. This is a great device you can use to completely replace cigarettes without the tar and many other nasties associated with cigarette smoke.

The pros:
- Robust design, very strong and well built.
- Changeable wicks
- You can charge your phone with this!
- Variable power settings to optimise your vape to your desired strength
- Charge level indicator
- Does not leak

The cons:
- Heavy and not the best thing to fit in your pocket
- Attracts attention wherever you use it (this could be a psitive for some I guess)
- I have managed to tighten it to the point I cannot open it back up and have to use the swivel top fitment to top it up

F1 2014 (PC DVD)
F1 2014 (PC DVD)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game but still missing the little things which would make it great, 27 Oct 2014
This review is from: F1 2014 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Played these games for a while now (back since 1999) and love them. There are many great changes to this season in F1 and this game brings them to life in a great way. This is my first ever F1 game for the PC and I am truly astonished at how much better it is. For this reason my review may be a little biased as my previous F1 game was based on the PS3.

The Pros:
- Improved AI, they will take the outside line to pass you and even double overtake cars on the track. They also seem a little more aggressive.
- Graphics are superb although again, my previous F1 game was console based and it may just be that the PC has been better all along.
- New tracks and drivers, not really a pro I guess but the tracks look great as do the cars.
- More realistic, I've nearly completed a season and I've had wet races, yellow flags, safety cars, AI retirements and AI penalties.
- Driving physics, they are great the cars are responsive and without the assists can be quite a handful to drive.
- Realistic damage MOD, this is a MUST for all hardcore fans.

Cons:
- Fuel usage rules don't seem to have played a part in the game.
- Without the realistic damage MOD, it takes an almighty crash to lose a wheel and it just isn't satisfying. This has always been a problem. The realistic damage MOD fixes this but it should be a standard option on the game without me having to MOD.
- AI still not perfect, they seem to be able to pass you on the outside but never can really complete an overtake on the inside line very well - they get beside you then slam the brakes on and drop a second on you straight away.
- The first corner, again year after year the run up to the first corner of every race sees the AI slow to an almost stand still for little reason. I know that mid to rear of pack go around the first corner slower than those up front but they seem to crawl meaning you can often jump well up to 10 places on the first lap by using a wide line.
- Late release, the F1 season has almost finished and we get this in October. Not great.
- Career not very engaging, no interviews, no paddock, no parade lap etc.

Overall this is great game and a must have for anyone who likes F1. It definitely will fill the gap until we see the launch of a complete new package for F1 2015 which has the potential to be something special. I see where many other people are coming from when they say this is just a re-masked version of F12013 but hey, what do you expect? If this is just a side project whilst F1 2015 takes priority I am happy to potter on with it however Codemasters please add a parade lap and more interactive features within the career. F1 2014 is a great racing game but lacks the interactive career it needed to make it a classic.

My rating: 8/10
Genre: Racing, Race sim, Driving.

Grid 2 - Race Day Edition (PS3)
Grid 2 - Race Day Edition (PS3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Need For Speed: Grid 2, 3 Jun 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Well, after a weekends worth of Grid 2 - its not good news I'm afraid. I'm always looking for good race sims and this seemed like a natural choice. Bought this for £44.99 on release and will probably have lost £15 as it will be going back to the shop once the single player is completed.

Grid 2 sees you set out in a new (fictional) world racing series. Building your fan base will unlock cars and mods over time as you race in a multitude of race types (more so than the original Grid game). Online mode is a completely separate part of the game and your progress in the SP will have no impact at all on your online mode. In the online mode you race to build up cash and can buy new cars and mods once they are unlocked by you 'levelling up' in a similar way to other racing games like GT5 or Forza.

Online you can race in a number of events such as drifts, races, time trials etc. You can also compete in global events and compare your bets times/scores against anyone on your PSN.

Pros
-Decent graphics, not a massive improvement but a notable difference.
-Damage model is great, looks really good and again an improvement on the original.
-Variety, lots of different race types all in an effort to improve lifespan.
-Upgrades, you can tune your car! A nice little addition to the game.
-Game music and menus really add to the effect of the game, a nice touch.

Cons
-Online racing is a ram fest.
-Driving physics allow you to drive flat out and drift around corners with no braking, no skill involved.
-Very repetitive, despite race variety - gets boring very quickly.
-Damage looks great, but doesn't make a difference to the car (if it does, it is a minimal change)
-Glitchy, broken bits of car (wings, bumpers etc.) hover in mid air for no reason after they have fallen off a car.
-Even further from reality, race sims need to be realistic, this isn't, the tracks are fake as are the events.
-Too much like a NFS crowd pleaser, more arcade like, less realistic, not a wise move.

Overall, this is a total let down. Grid managed to be a great little game but this one has ruined the title for me and now it has become a Need For Speed game. No skill required to play, just press the accelerator and let the side walls guide you to the finish line. All of the rip off DLC means Codemasters are very much milking this cash cow until it's dry. The game will keep you entertained for an evening or so but for all hardcore racing fans, back to F1 2012 or GT5 because there is nothing for you in this game. If you like the NFS games, I would recommend you give this a go.

My rating: 5.8/10
Genre: Racing, Race sim, Driving.

Dirt Showdown (PS3)
Dirt Showdown (PS3)
Offered by Synergy Inc.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacks depth..., 6 Jan 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dirt Showdown (PS3) (Video Game)
Ok, so I normally steer well clear of arcade racers ever since NFS games went downhill and stuck to my race sims but on the PS3 they are few and far between and with the lack of any Forza games, I decided to give this a go.

The game is well presented with easy to operate menus and has a resemblance to Dirt 2, an altogether nicer feel than dirt 3 as far as menus are concerned. Downhill here onwards though I'm afraid.

The showdown tour is where the bulk of the SP is at. Every race however seems to be either a destruction derby or a trick run. Fair enough, it's an arcade game - but when you can drive around a track without ever having to use the brakes, it does get a bit daft.

Main pros:
- Nice menu layout, much like Dirt 2 if not quite so pretty.
- Multiplayer will occupy you for an hour or so.
- Knockout matches can be pretty good.
- You can upgrade some of your cars.

Main cons:
- Damage, does not work properly, you can hit a car head on and get no points, then you can be hit by another car and get the points, there is no consistency when scoring points, it literally is hit and hope.
- Commentators seriously need to learn how to speak, it's all a bit too cliché.
- Lots of game modes omitted from split screen multiplayer.
- Lack of any real depth, limited race modes, very few vehicles and a lifeless showdown tour all make for a rather dull gaming experience.

All in all, I'm glad this game exists. It means we won't see any hoonigan/destruction derby type stuff in future Dirt titles, instead they will be allocated to 'showdown' games and we will get our good old Dirt rally games back (dearly missed). Even if you are an arcade racer fan who enjoys their Need for speed games, this won't keep you entertained long, there's just not enough meat to sink your teeth into, just like jumping into bed with Justin Beiber, it's all over before it's really started.

My rating: 4.6/10
Genre: Arcade racer, driving.
Price recommendation: I would not be willing to pay anything more than £8 for this.

Sleeping Dogs (Xbox 360)
Sleeping Dogs (Xbox 360)
Offered by 101Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Fight club Hong Kong., 18 Nov 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This is Sleeping Dogs, an open world sand box game to rival the likes of Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row. The storyline follows a cop/triad type character as he keeps criminals in Hong Kong in line aswell as committing the odd murder himself.

The setting is in Hong Kong and the whole game looks like a beefed up version of the True Crime series of games previous gen. The gameplay is varied, there are features for all types of gamer really, you can race cars/bikes, complete fight clubs, do drug busts, gamble or even help out strangers in the street who need your assistance. Some of the more recent GTA features play a part in sleeping dogs too, the ability to change clothing, to eat and drink for health regeneration.

Main Pros:
- Fist fighting is done very well, lots of combinations of fighting techniques and the ability to teach your character new moves increase life span of game.
- Big open world map, not the biggest we've seen but you certainly won't feel confined.
- Customisation, always nice to have a little bit of this in a game, buy your own cars, wear clothes you want choose fighting techniques you like best to learn.
- Decent single player game length, not over in a few hours even if you only complete the core content and there's heaps of other side quests and stuff to do.
- Your own lackey, who will drive your car of choice to your destination for you to drive, love the whole feature, garage and lackey make a genius concept.

Main Cons:
- A large portion of the game involves endlessly tapping buttons because there is so much fighting, I know it has been done well but a bit more fire fighting as opposed to fist fighting would not have gone a miss.
- Very buggy, noticed alot of bugs whilst completing the game, none that stopped me progressing but there seemed to be endlessly something happening that shouldn't have, makes it all look a bit cheap.
- Limited vehicles, no planes or choppers and a general lack of variation.
- AI, enemies are great, other road traffic completely stupid, you drive on the wrong side of the road; cars stop dead like deer in headlights.

All in all, it still lacks the soul and comedy that made a GTA masterpiece of modern times but just about everything else it has and the fist to fist combat is the best I've come across in this type of game. I love this game and hope to see some of its better features in the up-coming GTA 5. I got by ok with the vehicle handling too, which is normally a make or break for me in this type of game, it's not perfect but it is a whole lot better than saints row even if the controls are a bit over sensitive.

If you are looking for a good solid game to fill the gap until GTA5 is revealed, look no further, don't bother with saint's row, and get this. Lots to do, lots of fun to be had whilst you are doing it, takes itself a bit seriously but a good solid sand box game all the same. Would recommend.

My rating: 7.8/10
Genre: Open world, Sand-box, fighting, racing, third person shooter.

Flower Power Ride On - MY FIRST RIDE ON
Flower Power Ride On - MY FIRST RIDE ON

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent first car., 8 Sep 2012
I bought this but held my reservations, it was cheap and I would have spent more on one but I wanted to make sure my daughter actually would play with this first.

The car came in bits and had to be built, wasn't a difficult build at all though so no problems there. The car actually seems pretty sturdy, I managed to fit on it myself and although it felt like it was going to collapse, it held up fine.
My daughter however did not have the same enthusiasm, she does not get on it and drive it normally, instead she pushes it around the house sideways laughing as she does it, then gets it stuck some where and messes around with the flippy seat.

I bought this car for my daughter to scoot about the house on, before she gets the cozy coupe at Christmas. I have now decided against the cozy coupe :-( in favour of a mini pram, as she seems to enjoy pushing stuff around as opposed to ride-ons, shame.

I would recommend this to any dad wanting their daughters to like cars not dolls, but I doubt you will have any luck.

My rating: 6/10 (cheap and cheerful)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2012 9:56 AM GMT

Size 5 Pineapple Womens Glacier White Zip Up Mid Calf Snow Boots
Size 5 Pineapple Womens Glacier White Zip Up Mid Calf Snow Boots

4.0 out of 5 stars Review after 8 months use., 8 Sep 2012
Purchased for my GF's mother so her opinion follows.

Great boots, have had no problems to date. The boots are well made and sturdy.
The boots have been machine washed a couple of times and haven't shown any signs of wear as a result. The boots are comfortable and are still used (less at the moment thanks to the decent weather!)
All in all a good solid buy and I would recommend.

My rating: 8/10 (good value for money)

Rucanor Aluminium Baseball Bat, Silver - 60 cm
Rucanor Aluminium Baseball Bat, Silver - 60 cm
Offered by MA sports uk

5.0 out of 5 stars You will need courage to rob my house :P, 8 Sep 2012
Apparently, it takes courage to break into a house, to commit the callous act of theft. This is correct and this review is for anyone intending to unlawfully enter my premises.

Good points:
-Can be used for sporting activities
-Cheaper than a CCTV system
-Aluminium is stronger than your skull

Bad points:
-Kit did not include rusty nail, I had to hammer my own in

This is my bat, there are many others like it, but this is my bat, without my bat I am useless, without me my bat is useless.
This is my bat and if you are 'courageous' enough to enter my humble residents, you will be met with the fat side of it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2012 2:21 PM GMT

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful!, 24 Aug 2012
Bought a pair of these for the summer.
Must say they are reasonably priced now, decent looking and comfortable for lazing around in. I wear mine alot, so far they have done ok. They get very uncomfortable after prolonged periods of walking (literally feel like you are not wearing anything on your feet - painful). Mine (after 1 month) are also nearly worn through, which is fine, they cost me £8 at my local fruit and veg store (random, I know) so I'll just buy another pair when I'm done. Simplez.

-Cheap!
-Look good, minimalist and smart.
-Easy on/off no laces or straps.
-Nice selection of colours.

Main cons:
-VERY uncomfortable for long walks/day in day out use.
-Will last 6 months low usage/3 months medium/high usage, short life but hey they're cheap.
-No good at all in the wet.

Overall, some very funky looking shoes which are ok but be warned, they aint comfy, they won't last and you will forever have to walk around puddles - other than that, you can't go wrong for the price, cheap as chips and rightfully so. I'd recommend them as funky gym wear or glorified slippers.

My rating: 6/10 (not as good as dunlop green flash, better than your average plimsolls)

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful!, 24 Aug 2012
Bought a pair of these for the summer.

-Cheap!
-Look good, minimalist and smart.
-Easy on/off no laces or straps.
-Nice selection of colours.

Main cons:
-VERY uncomfortable for long walks/day in day out use.
-No good at all in the wet.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8