Profile for Mad Larkin > Reviews

Content by Mad Larkin

Mad Larkin (United Kingdom)

15.6 Replacement Laptop Lcd Screen For Dell Studio 1555
15.6 Replacement Laptop Lcd Screen For Dell Studio 1555
Offered by Screens

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, 9 Jun. 2011
I had the misfortune of someone stepping on my laptop when it had been left on the floor, which caused the lcd screen to crack inside and ruin it entirely. I ordered this new one late on a tuesday night and received it thursday morning. It took me about 10 minutes to fit the new screen, and it works just fine. I would advise seeking proper technical support though if you are not aware of how to replace a laptop screen, to avoid damaging any of the connections inside.

Fable II (Xbox 360)
Fable II (Xbox 360)
Offered by bid2win-ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Oct. 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fable II (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Having read the other reviews for this game on here, I would agree with most of them as they share the positive views I have about Fable II and are right to do so. This game is brilliant, almost flawless in its many aspects: the graphics are stunning, the gameplay is addictive, the voice acting is genuine, the plot is deep and engrossing and the absolute freedom of the game is enthralling.

I could go on for many, many words explaining the multitude of options available to the player, but I'm more concerned with the user who decided to give this game a mere one star rating.

I STRONGLY ADVISE YOU not to pay that review heed, as it contains false information. It states that you cannot change character name (there were no character names in the original Fable, only titles that you earned or bought, and Fable II has plenty of them); it states that you cannot change hair colour (barbers sell different coloured dye which you can change hair and clothing colours with); it states that there are no weapon enhancements (a new augment system allows you to buy various additional skills/effects for weapons with augment slots, causing differing enhancements).

Perhaps the biggest falseness in the one star review is the statement that Fable II removed hundreds of freedoms that the first game had. This could not be further from the truth. Think of the original, times it by ten, mix it with elements of The Sims, GTA and an originality that Xbox RPGs have lacked so far and you have this pure gem of a game.

It might not have the longevity of Oblivion (but what else does?), but there are many replay factors involved, the least of which is the ability to play as a male or a female, so if you enjoyed the first game or want an addictive, fun and truly enjoyable gaming experience then buy it right now.

And if you're still reluctant and torn between the views of the positive and negative reviews here, check out the official reviews that the magazines gave it. You won't be disappointed.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2012 4:36 PM GMT

Minutes To Midnight
Minutes To Midnight
Offered by 247dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking and brilliant, 25 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Minutes To Midnight (Audio CD)
I was never much of a Linkin Park fan until I heard this album. There were songs I enjoyed from the previous albums, and could listen to quite comfortably, but I never really followed the band or went out of my way to buy their material.

When I heard Minutes to Midnight it was different. The lyrical content and ease of listening surprised me, and I found myself listening to the CD over and over.

I admit it is very different to the band's previous material, but for me that's a very positive aspect, and I would urge everyone to at least give it a chance and take a listen. Like me, you might be pleasantly surprised.