Profile for D. Agha-Jaffar > Reviews

Content by D. Agha-Jaffar

D. Agha-Jaffar "bustopher_jones" (Surrey)

Transatlanticism
Transatlanticism

5.0 out of 5 stars Where have you been all my life, 8 Jan 2006
This review is from: Transatlanticism (Audio CD)
I hadnt really heard of Death Cab For Cutie ubtil a couple of months ago and thought they were good but was not sure if they were good enough for me to buy an album of theirs.
Then a couple of days ago i borught this ablum and have not stopped listening to it since then. It is one of those albums that is so mellow and fun to listen to. My favourite song if i had to pick one would be title and registration but be fair all of the songs are brillant. I think i might have to buy more albums of theirs at some point.
I would totally recomend if like people like snow patrol and elliott smith.

Hotel [2-disc]
Hotel [2-disc]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Jan 2006
This review is from: Hotel [2-disc] (Audio CD)
I have been a fan of moby since the days of Play. The ablum that made his carrer what it is today. This album is different from the last and still as good. There are many songs you can see being hits and many im sure that will be played on averts like the others from his last 2 albums. It is one of those ablums that contains songs which can be played in the background when you are hard at work or one of those albums to just chill to. It is a great relaxing album. In conclusion a must for all Moby fans or people who just need some chill out tunes.

Picaresque
Picaresque

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely brillant, 4 Jan 2006
This review is from: Picaresque (Audio CD)
i heard about this band when i was watching an american chat show on CNBC called Connon o'Brian and i thought they were quiet good but did not think they were amazing. About 2 or 3 wks ago i was talking to my friend and we were sharing our love of music and i remebered the band. I thought maybe i should buy one of there albums and told my friend about them; he loved them too and siad if i buy the album he would borrow it. Today i brought the ablum at HMV and after listening to it in th car with my mum i love it already. It will be one of the albums i have to put on my ipod. It is so original and so much fun to listen too. Makes a change from the other rock, indie, metal punk i seem to listen too. Its different from the norm that is why it is a must have and a one to be shared over and over again with all your friends.It might not be everyone cup of tea but ,most music never is but if you are looking to listen to something that is out there then go buy the album.

In Love And Death (Pa Version)
In Love And Death (Pa Version)
Offered by Leisurezone

5.0 out of 5 stars take it all away, 9 May 2005
I've never heard of used till i watched their video for the song take it all away and I loved it. The video was really good and the song amazing. Lyrics guitar everything. I brought their album a couple of weeks ago and have not stop listening to it since. Its one of those addictive albums like the killers album where u don't stop listening to it for days on end. I've even MD the album now so I can listen to it on my way to work. The whole album is good not just one song. So I can't really pick out any favourite songs but I do love cutting up angles, lunancy fringe, take it all away. I recommend this album to anyone even if your not the type of person to listen to music this heavy, you will get converted.
their just as good as My chemical Romance and should do very well with the release of their lastest album.
Buy it before its too late.

From A Basement On The Hill
From A Basement On The Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in ever sense of the word, 25 Oct 2004
The album may be a bit darker then smiths earlier work but is still as captivating as ever.
Like all his other albums, this ones gives you all the deep and meaningful songs we have all come to love by him. Each song allows you to delve deeper into the mind of elliott smith.
I'm not here to judge him on committing sucide nor ask the question of why. But i know that this album shows what excellent talent he had, why he should have one the oscar for his beautifully written song Miss Misery and not Celine Dion. I believe he is one of the best songwriter of our generation. I just wish that he was still alive so we could hear more songs from this 35yr old man. Unfortunately we can't, but this album is a great way to say farewell to all your fans.
I miss him and hope that where ever he is, he know that his fans will always cheerish his music forever more and that his music has touched the hearts of many around the world which will not be forgotten in a hurry.