Profile for IrishCol > Reviews

Content by IrishCol

IrishCol (Northern Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Tinksky Crochet Caterpillar Costume Baby Clothes Photo Props for Unisex Babies of 3~6 Months
Offered by NO MORE EXCESS

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable photo prop for both professional and amateur photographers!, 29 Jun. 2015
Oh my goodness, this is just the most adorable photo prop for a young baby. It comes packaged in a zip lock bag, perfect for storage and keeping dust free. The hat and cocoon are hand crochet and of very good quality, soft yarn so not at all scratchy against the babies skin. Also in the pack is a plastic pair of frames (no lens) and is a perfect cute prop. I've often seen props like this being used by professional photographers and would be ideal to have on hand in the studio but I also believe us Mums like to think we are great photographers considering the 1000+ photos we tend to take of our kids...haha, or am the only one??? :) so I believe props like this can add a cute and fun element to family photo sessions also. No babies in this house at the moment but my sister is due end of July and she says she cannot wait to put baby in this and she says she will also take it along to her professional shoot as it is so adorable. Colourful and gender neutral its ideal for boy or girl, good quality and value for money too! If you are a photographer or like me, a "Mum" photographer who just can't put the camera or phone down this would be ideal to have on hand for spontaneous home photo sessions and would also be a lovely gift idea for maybe a baby shower. Its a quality, fun item, arrived quickly and I have no hesitation in recommending this.

Disclaimer: This was kindly sent to me in return for my review....this in no way has influenced my opinion, my review is unbiased and honest.

TinkSky Ribbon Bows with Alligator Clips -- 20 Different Bows in 15 Solid Colors and 5 Polka-dot Patterns
Offered by PixnorStore

5.0 out of 5 stars A little girls delight with such a great choice of colours and patterns plus good value too!, 29 Jun. 2015
These are delightful bows and are come in varied colours and designs. They are actually bigger than what I was expecting which was a very pleasant surprise and the bows themselves are made of quite a sturdy cross grain effect which means they are actually standing up very well to constant wear and numerous changes throughout the day. I have no little girls in my house but my two nieces who are sisters are thoroughly enjoying wearing them...in fact the eldest of the two who is 8 told me just yesterday how much she is loving having bows to match any of her outfits now and loves picking out which ones she wants to wear each day. Her younger sister who is 4 enjoys how easily she can put them in her hair herself without having to ask anyone which is making her feel very grown up, haha!! They are attached to small alligator type clips which helps keep them in place even with the constant running about kids of this age do when out playing. They have been wearing the bows constantly for over a week now and there have been no issues with the bows loosing their shape or coming away from the grips and as mentioned they are constantly being changed to suit the mood of the girls and are standing up very well despite the girls active pursuits each day. The bows come packaged in a zip lock bag with pretty pink design, perfect for storing and keeping them clean and it did make me smile just to see the look of happiness and surprise when I gave the girls the pack....so many oooohs and aaaahs from them both as they went through their choices and hearing them plan what outfits they were going to match to the bows....shouldn't that have been the other way round??!! :) This pack of bows is great value for money too and if you have a "girly" girl in your life like my two nieces, this would make a perfect gift, stocking stuffer at Christmas, or could even be divided up for party goody bags. I am a wee bit too old nowadays to wear bows but seeing how much happiness the girls are getting from the numerous choices each day, the quality and price for 20 bows, I have no hesitation in recommending this product.

Disclaimer: I was kindly sent this item in return for my review...this in no way has influenced my opinion and my review is unbiased and honest.

Pot Kettle Black Latte Glasses Set x 2 Cups, 250 Millilitres - Includes Stencil Kit
Offered by Pot & Kettle Black (UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality Latte Glasses, 21 Jun. 2015
These are great Latte Glasses, there is a good weight from the glass too which makes them feel good quality. I have washed them by hand and in the dishwasher with no issues at all. Have enjoyed using them for making my Lattes at home. I don't know about you but I do like having my drinks in appropriate cups and mugs and these really do make you feel like you are having a little of that coffee shop experience at home. Delivery was fast too. I would totally recommend these and a major bonus is they are the prefect height for my Tassimo coffee machine. They also come packaged in a gift style box so perfect if buying as a wedding present etc.

Disclaimer: I was kindly sent these for review, this in no way has influenced my review which is honest and unbiased.

Prestige Turbo Extreme 23% Yeast
Prestige Turbo Extreme 23% Yeast
Offered by Aromhuset of Sweden

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent yeast...used for home brewing wine!, 19 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Prestige Turbo Extreme 23% Yeast
My hubby is the home brewer in our house so the following are his words! :) "Am very happy with performance of this product, instructions are easy to follow and I got a very nice, clean brew and a major bonus was there was no yeast taste. I found it was tolerant of warm temperature without sacrificing quality and gave a strong alcohol content. I have been very pleased with the final result this yeast provided and have no hesitation in recommending this product, it does exactly what it claims and good value for money too!" I know from listening to my hubby as he checked on his brew throughout the fermentation period he was very happy and when bottling and tasting the final product he did state that he will be buying this again. I can say that the wine was lovely and there indeed was no yeasty flavour or after taste. A winner in this house for sure! ;)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective and humane Pet Training Aid, 19 Jun. 2015
I had been researching Dog Training Collars but had hesitated in going ahead as most of the ones I saw all seemed to use an electric shock with metal probes and I did not want to use that kind of system on my dogs so when I had the opportunity to try this Pet Trainer I was curious and looked forward to trying it especially as it is totally humane, no electric shock, no metal probes, no sprays!! I have 2 small dogs a Jack Russell and a Bichon Friese, I love them both dearly and wouldn't be without them but oh my goodness they have an awful bad habit of barking at anything that moves, people walking past our home...on the other side of the road, when someone rings our doorbell, other dogs, the television especially at other animals, the wind, etc etc, and when barking in unison, it is quite ear bleeding and can go right through yourbrain, it really does get crazy and these barking sessions could happen up to 10 times a day!! The one thing I liked immediately about this product is that there are 2 collars and 2 receivers so no need to have to get 2 systems for both dogs.

In the box there is:
1 Instruction Leaflet
The Remote Transmitter
2 Receivers
2 Collars
1 Charger
1 USB Cable
Testing Bulb
4 sets of Metal Probes (These are supplied but not needed and I have not attached them to the receivers)

I charged the Remote Transmitter first, a red light appears to show it is charging...this didn't take as long as I thought it would, it suggested 4 hours when charging for the first time but mine was fully charged after approx 2.5 hours, the red LED light goes off when charging is complete. I then completed charging of each of the receivers the same way. Before putting the receivers on the collar it is important to pair each one with the Remote Transmitter...the instructions are easy to follow and only takes a couple of minutes to pair each one and you will hear a beep when this is successful. This process was quite simple. Each receiver is given its own channel, 1 and 2 so to know which dog was on what channel I just put a small sticker on one of the receivers knowing each time she wore it what channel was allocated to her. There are 3 functions you can choose from on the Remote Transmitter, Vibration, Beep and LED light and I have chosen the vibrate function for my dogs and has a setting from 1-100. I felt it on my own hand first at varying strength, its not very severe, even on the highest setting and after using it for a few days now it has proven to be a very effective distraction.

The collars are made of strong nylon material, easily cleaned if gotten muddy out on a walk. They are easy to size too, my dogs are small dogs, on the smallest sizing the collar fits my Jack Russell perfectly but is a little loose on the Bichon, but it works fine and causes her no issues at all. The collars are waterproof as are the receivers as long as the little rubber covers over the Reset hole is placed intact over it. I have had my dogs wearing this on our walks along the shore as the tide is coming in, they love chasing the waves and there has been no problems.

On the first day I just let them both wear the collars with the receivers fitted so they could get used to wearing them as the receivers do add a little more weight than a normal collar, this didn't phase them at all and they happily wore them all day with no issues. The next day we introduced using the vibrate function on a low setting, around 10, and I was really curious to see how they would react when it came time to use it. I didn't have to wait long as my neighbour knocked the door and of course all hell began to break loose until I used a short, quick tap just once on the appropriate button on the remote. My Jack Russell is on Channel 1 and the Bichon on Channel 2 so the Jack Russel got the first vibration until I'd quickly changed channel to the Bichon. I thought this would be a problem as I thought it would have been better to use the chosen function at the exact same time for both but its actually turned out not to be an issue at all as you very quickly get the hang of switching channels as it is only the matter of pressing the Channel button on the remote. Anyways I was very pleasantly surprised that just a quick low vibration for each dog was effective in distracting them from their usual chorus of barking, the Jack Russell seemed totally bewildered and stopped immediately and the Bichon acted highly insulted that she was distracted mid flow of barking!!!! I was a little concerned that when they'd realise what was happening they would just ignore it as they got used to it but I have been using it for about 6 days now and no change. No it hasn't stopped them going to bark at their usual triggers but it does stop the incessant barking they both were so used to before. I have had to change the level of vibration a little higher for the Jack Russell to 20 as she was taking longer to distract the more used to it she got, it is still subtle but effective now. I put these collars on first thing in the morning and take them off last thing before they settle down for the night. I can see this Training Collar being very effective as an aid in a wide range of training areas and if being used for training sessions 10-15mins is the recommended timespan. I am using the collars trying to control the crazy non-stop barking my dogs had such a bad of habit of doing and it is working wonderfully, I couldn't be more pleased...no more high pitched, non stop yappy barks going through my head, peace is resuming thankfully and callers to our home have even noticed the difference!! Oh I should mention too, I fully charged the Receivers and Transmitter on Saturday, we are now 6 days into using this and so far no recharging has been necessary. Just always remember to keep the Remote Transmitter within easy reach or clip to a belt for when the dogs go to start.. I think this product offers great value for money as it is for 2 dogs and saves having to buy two separate training aids and as its working great with my dogs I would have no hesitation in recommending giving this a go.

Disclaimer: I was kindly sent this product in exchange for a review...this in no way has influenced my opinion, it is completely unbiased and honest.

VTin Vespid QCY QY5 Sports Headphones Bluetooth 4.1 In-ear Headphones Wireless Sweat-proof Wet-Proof Headset Earbuds Earphones With Mic Handsfree for Running for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4 4S, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 2 S5 S4 S3 Sony Xperia Z3 Z2 Z1 L39H Z L36h Nokia Lumia 920 Blackberry Z10 Google Nexus and other Bluetooth Cellphones (Qy5 Pro Yellow)
Offered by VICTECH

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, great sound and they stay in place!!, 26 May 2015
I have been used to wearing the overhead earphones previously as I have never found a set of ear buds comfortable to wear. The design of these is great, easy to wear and absolutely no issue staying in place. There are additional ear buds and hooks in the box which enables correct fit. I have tested this wireless headset on all my blue tooth devices and I'm so very happy that they have paired with them all so effortlessly from the gaming console, my laptop, tablet and Samsung Galaxy 5 phone...there has never been an issue. . When I have been playing music through my phone and a call comes in, the music pauses automatically during the call and resumes automatically when the call has ended. Calls are answered or rejected very easily and the function buttons are compact and found on the lead itself whereas some are found on the earpiece. The enclosed instruction leaflet is very easy to follow and the instructions are simple and does not take long getting used to the different functions when paired with the phone. The sound quality is excellent with excellent bass. The headset is very comfortable to wear, I often listen to radio talk shows or radio documentaries as I go about my chores around the house and often forget I am wearing the headset.. I have used them when out hiking with my dogs and have never found an issue with them staying in place even when out jogging. When paired through my tablet is when I listen to my radio documentaries and I love the wireless facility in that range and quality of sound is never an issue even when I go out into the garden. I am loving this headset and have been so impressed with them that my husband is now wanting to buy his own set. Delivery is fast and I would have no hesitation in recommending this headset. Charging is quick and easy through a USB cable and I have found they stayed charged between 6-8 hours depending on usage, eg, talk time, music etc which is great.

Disclaimer: I was sent this product for review, this in no way has influenced my honest opinion and have not written this review until I had tested them over a period of time.

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer, Out Of This World
Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer, Out Of This World
Offered by Blush1

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Colour Pay Off and Non Sticky Formula, 12 May 2015
I am really enjoying using these, the colour has great pay off and for the colour I purchased there is a lovely shimmer/sheen to it, perfect for Spring/Summer. The consistency is thick but not gloopy like you'd imagine this...it took me a couple of wears and use to stop thinking it was a lip gloss...its a lip lacquer and has great staying power and not at all drying on my lips. I love the doe foot applicator, this one is shaped to allow easy defining and filling in of lips. A good, fun Summer colour, easy to pop into your bag when out and about....would recommend giving these a try, I will be buying again!

Kenwood SB055 Smoothie 2GO - Silver
Kenwood SB055 Smoothie 2GO - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Smoothie Maker and Value for Money, 12 May 2015
I bought this as a gift for my parents, I had been nagging them to start having a smoothie each morning so I thought if I actually got them a smoothie maker I'd have better luck talking them into it. This is simple in design and easy to use, anything too complicated and I know they wouldn't use it. They've really got into making their breakfast smoothie now since they got it....they use mostly frozen mixed berries and soft fruits like mango's etc and I've whizzed them up a few recipes when visiting. I find that the motor is plenty strong enough for using daily on soft fruits and frozen berries but I wouldn't use ice cubes daily...maybe once in a while as I wouldn't want the engine to burn out. Also a key tip to using this is to ensure there is liquid added with the fruit...this makes easy work then of blending. My parents are actually enjoying using this...its turned out to be a wee gem for them, easy to use, easy to clean and easy to store. I have found that it blends to a good fine consistency, which helps my Mum able to digest the smoothie easily. They've been using it now 5-6 times a week for a couple of months now and its still going strong. They are very happy with it and I am happy that they are using it so often and actually got into the way of making smoothies for themselves to try and be a bit healthier.

I would definitely recommend this for use of making healthy smoothies and drinks, anything that uses hard ingredients consistently will burn out the motor. Keep the recipes simple and this machine is a gem to use!

Children's Books: The Gnomes of the night
Children's Books: The Gnomes of the night

5.0 out of 5 stars A Charming Story with Beautiful Illustrations, 9 May 2015
What a delightful childrens book....this story was read to my young nieces and nephew, aged, 6, 8 and 10 years old as part of their bedtime routines and my sister was delighted with their reactions and interaction with her whilst reading it to them. They enjoyed the rhyming flow of the story and she was able to involve her children as they were able to relate to things that they could do better, like picking up their clothes, toys etc even down to turning out lights in rooms. The illustrations are beautiful and the story, apart from being enjoyable also highlighted life lessons perfectly for young children. She felt it suited her younger two children more but it has become a firm favourite and still is requested to be read to them before bed, they love the illustrations and as mentioned relate to Ryan, the little boy the story is about and the youngest girl now takes great delight being able to tell her Mum during the story that she now picks up her toys..."unlike Ryan"...lol. and they have great delight in telling their Mum how naughty those mischievous little gnomes are!! My sister was raving to her friends who have children around the same age about how much her children were enjoying the story and illustrations of this book that they are now wanting to order it for their household...that seems a pretty good endorsement to me!! :) A wonderful book and I would totally recommend it for children around these ages especially the paperbook version as it would be a wonderful gift. A beautiful, charming story.

Disclaimer: I was sent this book to review...this in no way has influenced my opinion and my review is honest and unbiased.

Home Brew & Wine making - Handy Airlock - Pack of 2
Home Brew & Wine making - Handy Airlock - Pack of 2
Offered by Creative Winemaking

5.0 out of 5 stars Nifty and Handy Airlock, 8 May 2015
These nifty little airlocks work perfectly well, no issues at all. They arrived quickly and in perfect condition. They do the intended job very well, I would buy again if required and have no hesitation in recommending this product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8