Profile for AdRock > Reviews

Panasonic DVD-S500 Multiregion DVD Player with Scart Cable
Panasonic DVD-S500 Multiregion DVD Player with Scart Cable
Offered by K.K. Electronics

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY, 9 Nov. 2015
I bought this because the description said it was a multi region dvd player which is what I wanted. I haven't tried a Region 1 disc in it yet because I haven't got any but that's not to say I won't ever get one if I can't find a Region 2 dvd.

My initial thoughts were that it was really good for the price but I have noticed it's not very responsive especially on the unit itself. It seem more responsive if you use the remote control.

What really annoys me the most about the unresponsiveness of this dvd player is the eject button. I've had to press the eject button 4 times before it ejects the disc because it either doesn't detect the button push or it's SO slow at doing it that, that I think it hasn't worked so another button press is required. It seems quicker ejecting with the remote. When I press the eject button, I expect it to eject straight away.

UPDATE

I've had this a few weeks now and I find it the biggest piece of crap I've ever had. It is soooo slow to do anything. I just tried to eject a disc and it did nothing. Pressed again and again but it still wouldn't eject the disc. Had to use the open button on the remote to get the disc out but even then it still wasn't instant.

Save your money and buy another DVD player, one that works properly. If I could send this back I would. Really disappointed with Panasonic for making such a load of rubbish

BG 44K Power Enhancer Fuel System Cleaner - Free Delivery
BG 44K Power Enhancer Fuel System Cleaner - Free Delivery
Offered by Powerenhancer

1.0 out of 5 stars What a waste of money, 27 Mar. 2014
I bought this on advice of a mechanic who said I had clogged fuel injectors as my performance was rubbish and fuel economy was a joke. The car was pulling away quick enough and there was a horrible noise like it was holding back and it was costing me £10 a day in petrol to travel 46 miles.

Bought this and again on the advice of the mechanic put it into the car when i had a quarter tank of petrol. He said to have it quite strong and run to nearly empty before i fill up again. I did that and everything was fine for about a week.

The first week I was quite impressed as the horrible noise when pulling away had gone, i noticed an improvement in performance as acceleration had improved but most of all the fuel consumption was loads better. I was able to do nearly 100 miles on quarter of a tank so in theory i could save myself between £10 and £15 a week in fuel.

As the weeks passed I noticed that i was getting the MPGs i was getting first of all and now only about 4-6 weeks later it's gone back to the way t was before i put the stuff in. The horrible noise is back, acceleration has dropped and no the fuel economy is back to the way it was. I've now only manged to get 75 miles from quarter of a tank.

I think i'll be going back to the garage to see what else they suggest as he thought there might be an air leak somewhere.

I just don't see how this can work for about a week and then go back to the way it was before
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 12, 2016 1:42 PM GMT

FOLDING PLATE DISH DRAINER STANDARD DRAINING BOARD WOODEN
FOLDING PLATE DISH DRAINER STANDARD DRAINING BOARD WOODEN
Offered by Babas Cave Online Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than i thought, 6 Jan. 2014
Was a bit warey about buying this as I read poor reviews.

Have had this for a while now and it's lasted longer than what others have said.

Couldn't find anything like this in Tesco or anywhere and even if i could, they would have charged a fortune for it so very pleased with this

Fiskars Weed Puller
Fiskars Weed Puller
Offered by Heritage Home and Garden

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit overpriced for what it is, 6 Jan. 2014
I like the idea of being able to pull weeds out of the garden/lawn and it does what it says.

What it doesn't tell you is that it takes up a lot of lawn with it do for large weeds, you're left with a big hold in your lawn

Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner, 1300 W - Orange
Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner, 1300 W - Orange

4.0 out of 5 stars A better carpet cleaner than a vacuum cleaner, 6 Jan. 2014
I bought this because it seems a waste of money having to keep hiring those rug doctors.

As a carpet cleaner:

First used this in the living room on a beige carpet which was filthy with dirt being walked in from outside. Used the supplied Vax Ultra+ liquid and it came up much cleaner. You can see the filthy water being sucked up.

Bought some more of the VAx Ultra+ and cleaned a carpet that was a lighter shade of beige which has black and red makeup marks which i thought was never going to get out. After a good half hour of going over the really stubborn stains, it got out the lot. My partner couldn't believe it.

As a vacuum cleaner:

It's pathetic. We have a Dyson which is really heavy and when the motor burnt out, we needed to vacuum the living room so used this. it doesn't really suck up much compared to the Dyson but I expected that. When i noticed that it fills up really quickly also.

Used this for vacuuming up all the dust from when we replaced a plaster ceiling and all what was on the floor was plaster dust. I went through 4 bags which filled up in no time. My Dyson wasn't working so ended up borrowing a Numatic which had better suction

Overall impression:
Brilliant as a carpet cleaner, useless as a vacuum cleaner. Glad i bought it and definitely a good purchase. Very recommended

Master Class Soft-Grip Straight Stainless Steel Potato Peeler, 20 cm (8")
Master Class Soft-Grip Straight Stainless Steel Potato Peeler, 20 cm (8")

5.0 out of 5 stars Best peeler I've had, 6 Jan. 2014
Bought this one as my old peeler got thrown out by accident.

This peeler is much better than my old one. it's very comfortable to use because of the large handle and i love the fixed blade as it only takes off the skin.

I've used peelers with those swivel heads and they take off too much so this is a godsend

Long Life Lamp Company Automatic LED Night Light - White
Long Life Lamp Company Automatic LED Night Light - White

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, 6 Jan. 2014
Bought this for my daughters room and was not impressed when i first plugged it in. Had to wiggle the light to get it to work as it wouldn't turn on and when it did, it was very dim and kept cutting out.

It seems to be okay now and hasn't gone off since but I was about to send it back as I wasn't happy with it.

The light is just bright enough to find your way around the room without it being too bright so to disturb sleep.

The selling point for me was i needed an LED nightlight that was mains powered and not batteries

TP-LINK TL-WA500G 54Mbps Wireless Access Point with Extended RangeTM
TP-LINK TL-WA500G 54Mbps Wireless Access Point with Extended RangeTM

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product when you get it working, 26 Mar. 2012
I bought this because I needed to be able to connect using ethernet and I didn't want a 30m cable running up the stairs from the router to my pc upstairs.

Read the mixed reviews and thought I would see if it was any good and if I couldn't get it to work as others haven't, I'd send it back.

Order Friday and came Monday which was good.

Set up the AP as per the instructions but it wasn't clear what type of connection I should use. Managed to set up the AP (so I thought) but couldn't get internet access even though I was connected to AP. I couldn't get the AP to connect to the router downstairs.

After 5 hours of ballache, I finally got an internet connection after searching online for a solution.

Here is what i did to get it working

After logging into the AP, I changed the IP address of the AP (from 192.168.1.254). This was done under "Network". I gave a static IP address of 192.168.1.100 which I knew was in the router's DHCP pool. I gave the AP the default gateway of the main router IP address which is 192.168.1.254
I then changed "Wireless Mode" to "Client" under "Wireless" menu. At the bottom of the screen I clicked the "Survey" button which showed a list of available wireless networks. I selected the SSID of my network and clicked "Save".

I then went to "Security Settings" under the "Wireless" menu and selected "WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK". As the version I chose "WPA2-PSK", the encryption as "AES" and I entered my PSK Passphrase for my network. I saved that.
In the instructions I found out that it doesn't tell you to turn on DHCP Server in DHCP settings. I enabled DHCP, left the default Start and End IP addresses and in the default gateway I put in the IP address of my router (192.168.1.254).

I restarted the AP and it all worked fine.

BTW my router is a BT HomeHub 2.0 if that helps anyone with the same problem. It should be the same for all routers. Just make sure your default gateway on the AP is your router's IP address

Edimax EW-7128G Wireless LAN PCI Card 802.11b/g 54Mbp (Ralink)
Edimax EW-7128G Wireless LAN PCI Card 802.11b/g 54Mbp (Ralink)
Offered by MEXXTRONICS

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy, 14 Sept. 2010
Bought this item after reading positive reviews for this product.

My old wireless network adapter I bought from Amazon was not giving me very good download speeds even though the signal strength was quite good.

Bought this item and it came within a few days, installed no problem and even Windows Update could find updated drivers for it.

I am getting full download speeds with the wifi adapter even though my pc is upstairs on the other side of the house and the walls are thick cob walls so I'm very impressed with the signal strength.

Downstairs today I was downloading at 1.4Mbps where my usual download speed was anywhere between 700 and 800 Kbps.

I am very impressed with the adapter and for the price you can't go wrong. This is a must buy.

Trance Energy 2009
Trance Energy 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars This cd is awesome, 3 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Trance Energy 2009 (Audio CD)
I bought this cd when it first came out and it's in the car permanently.

The John O'Callaghan cd is probably the better out of the 2 cds becuase it is very uplifting and has a nice stomping pace to it. The Rank 1 cd is a little slower but it has some monster floaty tunes on it.

My fave tunes on cd1 are:

3. Man On The Run - Dash Berlin & Cerf/Mitiska/Jaren
6. Certitude - Bronzwaer, Thomas
7. City Of Angels - Thrillseekers
12. Vandalism - Askew, John

cd2:

1. Unforgivable - Van Buuren, Armin & Jaren
14. Sea Tides - Blueman, Andy

I bought Sea Tides on vinyl before I heard this cd and it sounds much better played a bit faster but it will give you goose bumps all up your arms as you hear the break

Looking forward to the next release

Page: 1 | 2