Profile for MR A KELLY > Reviews

Content by MR A KELLY

MR A KELLY

Medal of Honor Warfighter (PS3)
Medal of Honor Warfighter (PS3)
Offered by EVERGAME

4.0 out of 5 stars A confusingly overlooked FPS, 13 Nov. 2013
For some reason this game seems to come in for a bit of stick and I can't understand why.

The storyline is good, the graphics far surpass a lot of what is in, wait for it.......COD games (I bought this for something to play waiting for the release of Ghosts), and it has good gameplay (I am using the battlefield layout).

Gamers ask for realism with these games and for what I can see the developers have been brave enough to try and provide it and they have come into for some flack for it?!

"..it's to dark" now I am far from a Ross Kemp styled veteran of warfare but I have never heard of a war in which both sides stopped and rigged up a bit of better lighting first. ".....the aiming is erratic" nope, what it is is more close to the truth. Guns have recoil they don't stay where you point and automatically return to the same point after firing. Also they have, not sure if anyone has noticed added bullet drop to ALL shots. Meaning those sweet moments so easy to come by in COD when you take a headshot to someone standing 100 yards away is a bit harder to come buy. This is also because, even though previous reviews have stated the AI is poor (?) the enemy takes cover, they work as a team and will try and work towards where you've tried to hide yourself. "....you have no compass" yeh because every soldier I have ever seen walks around with one strapped to their face! This game is more tactical and about you making the right decisions. As said, never been there but if I was being chased through the hurricane swept streets of a strange city pursued by gunmen I wouldn't have a compass in hand.....more likely toilet paper.

Only criticism is that it is far to short!!! Well worth £10-£20 though.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist - Standard Edition (PS3)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist - Standard Edition (PS3)
Offered by passionFlix UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I'm a COD and Battlefield fanboy........., 13 Nov. 2013
........and if your still reading well done!!! This year saw the release of 2 of the most hyped games on all formats, COD Ghosts and BF4. This should have been enough to make my head explode, unfortunately they where just that......hyped. Please don't get me wrong, both very good games, go buy them, highly recommended. But the two games I have been waiting for so long to play have been cast aside and I have been playing this, what is surely to become a classic, and which rather fittingly slipped under the radar, Splinter Cell Blacklist!

My God!!! What a game! Great graphics, easy controls, great enemy AI, brilliant storyline, good gameplay.

Please understand this, I am a casual game player.....I have a life! Put simply, I have a full time job, 2 kids (one of which is growing up so fast I now have to wrestle control for the PS off!) and a wife. I need something that I can pick up, get to grips with the controls straight away and that I will really enjoy in the few hours a week I get to myself to relax when the minions are asleep and the better half is in work. This fills this void perfectly!

As previously said it is, so far, flawless. It is addictive, looks brilliant and is probably one of the most instantly playable games out there. There are so many options and ways for you to play the game how you want it'll blow you away!

BUY THIS GAME!!!!! If that doesn't sell it for you.......this is the first thing I have ever decided to review.....I'm usually to busy playing it!