Profile for Skippy > Reviews

Skippy

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect pint every time, 7 Jun 2012
This combines my two favourite things, beer and tech! The works well and is simple to use. The Guinness looks and tastes great and the 'moment of surge' is a joy to behold. Everyone who has seen this in action wants one. My only gripe is the cost of the cans, I can't quite understand why they are almost 2 a can vs 1 for the draught cans (although I am now on my 3rd case so it must be worth it!)

iPad-2 Aluminium Bluetooth Keyboard / Stand / Carry Cover
iPad-2 Aluminium Bluetooth Keyboard / Stand / Carry Cover
Offered by YES MY GADGET
Price: 10.97

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for....., 12 Jan 2012
The device itself looks fine, but is quite cheap looking in comparison to the Logitech/Zagg version, but you obviously pay for what you get. The keys are OK, but the right shift and the up arrow key aren't very well laid out so I spend a good chunk of my time moving up rather than having a capital letter. It is also tricky to get the iPad free from the keyboard when you are using it as a case. I found myself still using my normal iPad cover and carrying this around separately. Overall though I would have probably given it 3 stars if it was still working!

I have had the product less than a month but it already refuses to charge, I have plugged in various chargers and computers, but the red charging light just flickers. The worst bit is that the returns policy is 30 days from when it was shipped from the warehouse in China and as it took 20 days to get here that doesn't leave a lot of room for error (and in my case it arrived on Dec 23rd so I didn't ven start using it for a week after that). To add insult to injury you have to pay to ship it back to the warehouse in China/HK which will cost more than the item in the first place. I am sure if you get a good one of these then it will be OK, but I have now bought the Logitech version and I have to say it is worth every extra penny.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2013 11:19 AM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars They work, 10 Jan 2012
They work! What else can I say.....A couple of months in they are still going strong and saving my kit bag from some of the smells that seem to develop there!

10 x 12v MR16 LED BULBS 6W WITH 27 x 5050 SMD LED's IN DAY WHITE ** SUPER BRIGHT MR16 LED LIGHT BULBS - THE BRIGHTEST SMD BULBS AVAILABLE EMITTING 450 LUMENS - EXTREMELY BRIGHT AND IDEAL FOR REPLACING 50W - 60W HALOGEN BULBS **
Offered by Brightlightz
Price: 96.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not right for me, 10 Jan 2012
These are definitely some of the best LED MR16/ I have come across. They are bright, really close to a 50w, but the different angle of light distribution makes them look a little dimmer. The reason they weren't for me is the colour of the light, the white it too white.

Wacom Bamboo Solo Stylus - Black
Wacom Bamboo Solo Stylus - Black
Offered by Micros2u
Price: 4.75

4.0 out of 5 stars The best I have tried - and I have tried them all, 10 Jan 2012
I have tried pretty much every stylus on the market, including options from Boxwave, Adonit and others and this is just about the best. It has a nice feel, it is just about thick enough to feel like a pen, it writes very well and seems well built. It is difficult to fault, but it isn't a five star because it would be perfect if it could have pen or pencil also integrated (like one of the Boxwave), then I would only need to carry this around.

Harman Kardon Soundsticks II - 3-Piece Plug and Play Multimedia Speaker System
Harman Kardon Soundsticks II - 3-Piece Plug and Play Multimedia Speaker System

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Brilliant, 6 Jan 2012
I can't quite believe I have owned and used these since 2005. They still look great, people still comment on them. The sound is also excellent, a lovely balance and plenty of power.

Kookaburra Enigma Hockey Hand Guard - Marble/Blue, Large Left Hand
Kookaburra Enigma Hockey Hand Guard - Marble/Blue, Large Left Hand
Offered by Cicada Sports
Price: 8.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Good protection but not comfortable, 6 Jan 2012
This does offer some good protection for your fingers, but the part that Velcro's around your wirst is far to big which makes it quite uncomfortable to wear. The wrist part is about twice the size of my previous guard and just feels wrong, so much so that I have reverted back to my old guard and this stays in the bag.

XtremeMac InCharge Home Plus for iPhone and iPod
XtremeMac InCharge Home Plus for iPhone and iPod

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Excellent, 6 Jan 2012
I use this all the time on my travels (I fly somewhere most weeks). The plugs interchange very easily, it is nice a flat so it doesn't create a big lump in my luggage and it happily charges both my iphone and ipad at the same time.

ADIDAS Hockey Attack Unisex Hockey Shoe, Black/White/Red, UK10
ADIDAS Hockey Attack Unisex Hockey Shoe, Black/White/Red, UK10
Offered by Eastern Sports

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 6 Jan 2012
These are excellent, several of us in the club have these. They offer good grip, comfort and a nice wide fitting. They could perhaps offer a little more protection. I have now worn for half a season and they seem to be wearing well.

Vangard 5010 Unisex Head Band - Black
Vangard 5010 Unisex Head Band - Black
Price: 11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but starting to wrinkle, 6 Jan 2012
This works well and definitely keeps my ears warm on cold morning bike rides, but after about 3 months use (about 20 rides) it is started to look a little worn and the material is starting to 'wrinkle-up'. It still works absolutely fine but I am starting to wonder how much longer it will last. But at this price I am not too worried.

Page: 1 | 2