Profile for C. Goodwin > Reviews

Content by C. Goodwin

C. Goodwin "Candy Goodwin" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
SPI Belt Water Resistant -
SPI Belt Water Resistant -
Offered by IrishFit
Price: 24.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to, 3 April 2014
I admit this is simply a bumbag, but it's a cleverly designed one. The strap around the waist is made of an elasticated material so it sits snuggly onto my hips. The bag part is a soft, carefully folded material, just the right size to snugly fit my Samsung Galaxy S4. I can forget I'm wearing it as I run just because it doesn't bounce or move.

BlenderBottle Sportmixer Shaker Cup Water Bottle - Black Black, 28 oz
BlenderBottle Sportmixer Shaker Cup Water Bottle - Black Black, 28 oz
Price: 12.73

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but..., 3 April 2014
Nice solid sturdy bottle - better quality than most shakers. However there's a flaw, it simply doesn't mix very well when compared to my old cheap and cheerful PHD or Maximuscle shakers. Not sure given this bottle's price I'd get another.

Stray Souls (Magicals Anonymous)
Stray Souls (Magicals Anonymous)
by Kate Griffin
Price: 6.29

2.0 out of 5 stars Just didn't click, 28 Mar 2014
The first few short punchy chapters seemed appealing but it soon stopped holding my interest and I was frankly bored half way through. I soon started to get irritated with the writing style as I read gems like this: "The teeth that remove his left ear dig deep enough to crack the solid sphere of his skull like a pistachio". Sorry, but this is one to donate to the charity shop.

Maxitone Sculptress Diet 60 g Caramel Crunch High Protein Meal Bars - Box of 12
Maxitone Sculptress Diet 60 g Caramel Crunch High Protein Meal Bars - Box of 12

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a little addicted, 25 May 2013
Useful substitute for lunch when too busy to stop at work. These are very sweet tasting so they're a useful replacement for bingeing on chocolate bars.

PhD Diet Whey Vanilla 1 kg
PhD Diet Whey Vanilla 1 kg
Offered by Op Massive Supplements
Price: 21.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, but could be better, 25 May 2013
On the plus side for a 50g serving, it's only 182 calories and provides 34g of protein.
On the negative side, no vitamins and the only mineral is sodium.
My greatest issue with this product is it's texture - it's just horrid, like I imagine liquidized frogspawn would resemble. Still I guess I'll get used to it.

Silverline 282521 G-Clamp Light Duty 100mm
Silverline 282521 G-Clamp Light Duty 100mm
Offered by eTailing Universe Ltd
Price: 2.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine, 27 Mar 2013
Does the job it's supposed to do. Not the greatest quality clamp but seems fine for the occasional DIY job.

Douwe Egberts Pure Indulgence Instant Coffee Refill 150 g (Pack of 3)
Douwe Egberts Pure Indulgence Instant Coffee Refill 150 g (Pack of 3)
Offered by Manchester Pickers
Price: 25.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 27 Mar 2013
It's granulated coffee and I'm now addicted to this stuff.
I know little about coffee, but I like the taste and the nice little caffeine kick I get in the mornings.

Bosch PSB 18 LI-2 Cordless 18 Volt Hammer Drill, 1 x Li-Ion Battery
Bosch PSB 18 LI-2 Cordless 18 Volt Hammer Drill, 1 x Li-Ion Battery
Offered by holywell tools
Price: 97.88

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Drill, 27 Mar 2013
It's a drill and it does what it claims to do. I use mine for DIY around the house and I haven't had any problems.

Wild: A Journey from Lost to Found
Wild: A Journey from Lost to Found
by Cheryl Strayed
Price: 9.09

3.0 out of 5 stars A let down, 21 Jan 2013
I was expecting to feel inspired by this book and to learn something do the Pacific Coast Trail. I can't say it achieved either. I found her self absorbed mindset somewhat irritating and along the course of the book I lost track of the various characters she met. I gave this three stars simply because I admire her courage to embark on this journey.

Numatic HVR200A Henry A1 Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner plus Kit A1, Red/Black
Numatic HVR200A Henry A1 Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner plus Kit A1, Red/Black
Price: 94.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Indestructible!, 17 Oct 2012
I'm so glad I chose a Henry over a Dyson vacuum. The design of the Henry is practically unchanged over the last twenty odd years and for good reason, it works! Having used a Dyson for the last two years, I think in terms of function, Henrys are just as good and significantly cheaper.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3