Profile for anne > Reviews

anne

Campingaz Powerbox 24L Classic Thermo Electric Cool Box
Campingaz Powerbox 24L Classic Thermo Electric Cool Box
Price: 52.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I take frozen and cool things up to the boat by car in the ..., 16 July 2014
Bought this summer for use on our boat to replace a different make that just stopped working after two summers.So far no complaints. I take frozen and cool things up to the boat by car in the box and then transfer box and contents to boat. We only run the box when the engine(car or boat) is running - max of 8 hours in any 24 but our frozen milk still had ice crystals 36 hours later and the weather was hot so pretty effective. None of our cool things went off over the week and I had to remember to take the butter out ahead of using.
The test now is whether it lasts more than two summers being transported back and forth.

Russell Hobbs 19341 Jewels Kettle - Ruby Red (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Russell Hobbs 19341 Jewels Kettle - Ruby Red (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Ironmongery Online
Price: 51.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Its a kettle, 30 Sep 2013
love the colour - cheers the kitchen up nicely paticularly when turned on a lovely glow emanates. it does what it should. It would have been good to be able to put in even less water. its quite difficult to judge the quantity despite the side marking and I am not one for filling cups/mugs of water. I am happy.

Hama Star 62 Tripod with Carry Case
Hama Star 62 Tripod with Carry Case
Price: 17.50

5.0 out of 5 stars great value for the new user, 21 Jun 2013
This was bought as a present so its taken a time to review. My husband has recently got back into photography but on an occasional basis and so has only just used the tripod bought for Christmas. It was very easy to set up and move about and kept his camera nice and steady just as he wanted. So he is a happy man!

Olympus 8 x 40 DPSI Binocular
Olympus 8 x 40 DPSI Binocular
Price: 44.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Olympus 8x40 DPSI binoculars, 5 Sep 2012
Wanted a new pair of binoculars after the material my old ones were made of went sticky - they were 20 plus years old. Also wanted a lighter and more compact pair that I would be more inclined to take with me when out walking. But as an occasional user didn't want my parents(they were my birthday present from them) to be spending a fortune. Looked at lots of reviews and eventually opted for these. Absolutely perfect for what I wanted. Much lighter than my old ones and the lens quality is great. So very happy with my self selected birthday present!

HP Pavilion All-in-One MS228uk Desktop PC (18.5-inch LCD, Windows 7 Home Premium, AMD Athlon II X2 250u Processor, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, 500 GB SATA HDD, 802.11 b/g Networking, ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics)

5.0 out of 5 stars All in one is just great for moderate user, 9 Aug 2010
I've been using my new HP Pavilion all in one for about a month now. Its great for me - a vast improvement on my old HP Pavilion which was 7/8 years old. That had served its purpose and so I was happy to try another HP Pavilion, although that wasn't where I started. I looked around for a bit and read various reviews on desktops/laptops. I set aside my research on what I would replace the old HP with and on impulse went for the all in one!
I like the slimlines on this and having the processor and screen combined mean that it is easy to move around if required - not as convenient as a laptop but I like the bigger screen. For the first week I kept it on my dining room table before moving it to the office.
I don't do complicated things - in fact just got broadband so wanted to wait for my full new experience before doing any review. A very happy person indeed now. Processor and broadband combined mean that my internet experience has improved no end. Bought a dial up modem to use with this computer as everything is geared to broadband and our location and other circumstances meant I was not sure that we'd be able to have broadband immediately but that proved unfounded. But will keep in case!!
The HP help centre on the computer is useful and so far everything has been pretty intuitive. There are a few new games on it too - to me that is - not a gamer in any shape or form but have enjoyed the dabble. The keyboard, mouse and printer use three of the six USBs I still have one spare on the back and the two side ones. That is fine for my usage but might not be enough for others. The DVD slot on the side feels the most vulnerable part but I've found how to use the automatic open so that I don't have to keep pressing the button on the side. I was a windows XP user before and like the look and feel of Windows 7. All in all my HP all in one desk top feels good and seems to be good value for money.