Profile for T. MCMICHAEL > Reviews

Content by T. MCMICHAEL

T. MCMICHAEL "tracya" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2
I am David (World Mammoth)
I am David (World Mammoth)
by Anne Holm

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 24 July 2010
I first read this book when I was 10 or 11, it belonged to my friends brother and when I stayed over it was always the book I plucked from his bookcase. I hadn't read it for years but always recalled it, I love the simplicity of the character, the pleasure he took from things we all take for granted, and the wonder seeing the world through someone else's eyes. A first sunset, the colours of the sky, or leaves or an orange, all these things that we don't really think about.

David went through so much, his journey was hard, but he always found something new and wonderful even through the tough times he endured.

I now have a copy of this book in my bookcase and my 11 year old daughter has recently read it, unfortunately she wasn't as enthralled as I was, but hopefully its a book she will pick up again and appreciate the story.

I Said No Thanks: The Autobiography
I Said No Thanks: The Autobiography
by Nacho Novo

5.0 out of 5 stars read it in 2 days, 24 July 2010
Bought my partner this for his birthday, he only reads about one book a year, this one he read in 2 days. He is a big Rangers fan and of Nacho, so I couldn't not like it.

Burned: Number 7 in series (House of Night)
Burned: Number 7 in series (House of Night)
by Kristin Cast

1.0 out of 5 stars crashed and burned, 24 July 2010
Was looking forward to reading this book after finding all the others such a good read, unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations.

I was confused a lot of the time, found the characters missing a lot of their previous personality. Characters were using a lot of language which wasn't necessary. Im not a prude and don't mind it in context but it just seemed to be used to notch up the word count of the book.

After this I think i'll give up with this series as I don't see it getting any better, I think its being milked now and would be better coming to a conclusion rather than limping on.

Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Stephanie Plum 15)
Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Stephanie Plum 15)
by Janet Evanovich

5.0 out of 5 stars You must read Stephanie Plum!!!, 27 Jun. 2010
A friend just introduced me to these books last week, she gave me 12 to read on Tuesday, I gave it back to her on Wednesday and she gave me 13,14 and 15 on Thursday, just finished them 5 minutes ago. Intend to get my hands on numbers 1 - 11 quickly!! My partner kept asking are you still laighing at those books, the characters are hilarious, the comedy quips are fantastic, you must read these, don't know whose funnier Grandma Muzar or Lulu. And poor Stephanie has no luck at all. Also the men sound hot!!!

The Perfect Murder (Quick Reads)
The Perfect Murder (Quick Reads)
by Peter James

2.0 out of 5 stars not for me, 14 Mar. 2010
When I pre-ordered this I didn't realise it was a short story, which I tend not to read. I found the plot boring and easy to work out the ending. Not the ususal Peter james gripping story.

Echo Burning: (Jack Reacher 5)
Echo Burning: (Jack Reacher 5)
by Lee Child

3.0 out of 5 stars slow story but like the character, 25 Jan. 2010
This is the first Lee child book I have read and whilst I didn't think it was brilliant it was an ok read. I liked the charachter of Jack Reacher and will probably go on to read some more of Lee Childs books because of this. I enjoy thrillers where you can follow the main charachter i.e Alex Cross (James Paterson, Roy Grace (Peter James etc. Worth picking up.

Deenie
Deenie
by Judy Blume

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect present for 11 year old, 6 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Deenie (Paperback)
I bought my daughter this book for Christmas as I was struggling for a new author for her to read. I loved Judy Blume as a child but wasn't sure if she would be out of date for todays children. My almost 11 year old loved it, and has asked for more for her upcoming birthday. She liked how it dealt with normal teenage problems but made you laugh as well. I think I'll be re-reading too.

Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret
Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret
by Judy Blume

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loved it, 6 Jan. 2010
I bought my daughter this book for Christmas as I was struggling for a new author for her to read. I loved Judy Blume as a child but wasn't sure if she would be out of date for todays children. My almost 11 year old loved it, and has asked for more for her upconing birthday. She liked how it dealt with normal teenage problems but made you laugh as well. I think I'll be re-reading too.

Broons Annual 2010: Scotland's Happy Family That Makes Every Family Happy
Broons Annual 2010: Scotland's Happy Family That Makes Every Family Happy
by Various

3.0 out of 5 stars An old favourite, 6 Jan. 2010
The Broons are a christmas must have, however this year I found the stories less amusing than usual, maybe its old age setting in lol. Noticed they have included some varying nationalities, unfortunately portrayed as the corner shopkeeper and restaurant owners with shaded faces, should this be more up to date in our multi cultural society???? Anyway gift was for 10 year old dd and as always she loved it.

Dead Tomorrow
Dead Tomorrow
by Peter James

5.0 out of 5 stars Roy Grace back in action, 6 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Dead Tomorrow (Hardcover)
Another great update in the life of Roy Grace. Gritty and graphic as per usual. Im desperate to know if he'll ever meet up with his wife and what her reasons for leaving were, I hope Peter James will reveal all.

Page: 1 | 2