Profile for GGJ > Reviews

Content by GGJ

GGJ "Gillian" (London UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Tea Cozies 2 (Cozy)
Tea Cozies 2 (Cozy)
by GMC Editors
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars knitted tea cosies, 13 Sep 2012
This review is from: Tea Cozies 2 (Cozy) (Paperback)
This is the second of three books of tea cosy patterns and so far I have knitted one cosy but I am not too pleased as the needle size has resulted in a rather flimsy cosy - but I might try it again with smaller needles and more stitches.
I don't feel I can buy either of the other 2 books in the series as they do not allow a 'look inside' so one would not know what designs there are before purchasing, which is a pity because tea cosies are nice items to knit for presents, bazaars etc

2mm-12mm Set of 16 Pairs 34cm (14 Inch) IN COTTON CASE Single Point BAMBOO KNITTING NEEDLES By Curtzy TM (32 Knitting Needles)
Offered by Kurtzie
Price: 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars bamboo knitting needles, 13 Sep 2012
These are lovely - so much more comfortable to use than steel ones and they make a much nicer noise too!

A Collection of Vintage Patterns for Tea and Coffee Cosies; Patterns for Knitting, Crochet and Embroidery
by Anon
Price: 5.95

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 24 July 2012
I took a chance on this leaflet, seeking more patterns for knitting tea cosies I chose this one on the basis that old patterns might be interesting. The problem is that the font used, with all the complications of knitting abbreviations, makes this almost unreadable. If there had been a 'look inside' feature, I would not have chosen it, but at least buying it has not broken the bank!

VTech Tiny Touch Phone
VTech Tiny Touch Phone
Offered by Midco Toys Ltd
Price: 12.11

5.0 out of 5 stars toddler's mobile phone, 29 Dec 2011
my granddaughter is fascinated by mobile devices so it seemed a good idea to buy her her own 'mobile phone' for Christmas! I can report that she has played with it constantly and loves all its lights and noises!

Breville VTT163 Polished Stainless Steel 2 Slice Toaster
Breville VTT163 Polished Stainless Steel 2 Slice Toaster
Price: 29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars yet another toaster, 25 Oct 2010
I'm having a bad time with toasters this year - this is my 3rd purchase - the other 2 having given up the ghost in a very short space of time!
So far, this one is fine but, like all toasterst these days, does not toast cut bread evenly - there is a very fine dividing moment between the bread being toasted enough all over and some of it going black. It is better with sliced bread than the bread I cut myself.

Moleskine Weekly Notebook 2010 12 Month Pocket Soft Black (Moleskine Srl)
Moleskine Weekly Notebook 2010 12 Month Pocket Soft Black (Moleskine Srl)
by Moleskine
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars moleskine weekly notebook, 5 Oct 2009
this the second year that I have used a Moleskine diary - in fact, after many years, I have reverted from a PDA back to pen and paper - for reliability!!
The one side for diary entries and the other for notes suits me well and the size is just right for a handbag. I like the moleskine cover and the elastic closing strap.

Philips GC3114 Elance Steam Iron 2000W (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Philips GC3114 Elance Steam Iron 2000W (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, 7 Mar 2009
It was difficult to know which iron to choose with so many on display but I am very pleased with this one. Its price is reasonable and it does everything required of it. I wish it was a bit heavier so one did not have to press quite so hard - but presumably weight is what one gets with the higher prices - and I am content with this one. Amazon delivery was excellent - ordered one day and it arrived the next.

Palm Tungsten E2
Palm Tungsten E2
Offered by pdarepair
Price: 169.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Palm Tungsten E2, 1 Feb 2009
This review is from: Palm Tungsten E2 (Office Product)
I bought the Palm Tungsten E2 to replace a Palm T/X whose screen had failed after 18/12 use and when I discovered it would cost over 100.00 for a new screen. This Palm Tungsten E2 never actually worked properly from the start - the screen froze at almost every tap from the stylus and required a soft reset every time, it would not hotsync and was therefore virtually useless. I had contacted the Palm support on numerous occasions and they advised me to return it. Amazon were excellent, responding immediately to my email and sending me a replacement within 48 hours. I assumed the failure of this PDA was just unfortunate and was happy to have an identical replacement, however the replacement is not much better -difficulties with incomplete hotsyncs and the screen does not always respond to taps. In fact I am so concerned about its unreliability that I am now transferring all my contacts onto a spreadsheet and am using a paper diary - the first since 1995 when I began using a Psion (which lasted me for over 10 years and did exactly what I needed). I am very disappointed with my experience of Palms and just wish Psion were still making PDAs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4