Profile for GGJ > Reviews

Content by GGJ

GGJ "Gillian" (London UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Nuvo Slatted Bath Board
Nuvo Slatted Bath Board

5.0 out of 5 stars good fitting and comfortable, 1 Mar 2013
This bath board is really easy to fit safely and securely across the bath. It has a nice shiny surface and it very comfortable to sit on. It is exactly what I needed!

Poachies Egg poaching Bags - 20 Bags
Poachies Egg poaching Bags - 20 Bags
Offered by SM Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars poaching eggs, 1 Mar 2013
I have so long wanted to be able to poach eggs without finishing up with a hard egg and a pan full of white foam! Are the poachies the answer? After only one try I think they might be, with practice! Clearly the critical action is to put the egg in the pan of boiling water IMMEDIATELY after breaking it into the bag because the bag is porous and instantly the white begins to seep through - I wasn't quick enough so there was already leakage - but the finished egg had a soft yolk and next time I hope there will more white around it!!

NEW! PALE BLUE FLEECE JACKET ,HAT AND MITTENS SET 14-18 INS 35-45CM [NOT INCLUDING TROUSERS] TO FIT DOLLS SUCH AS 43 CM BABY BORN

4.0 out of 5 stars baby boy doll's clothes, 23 Jan 2013
When my daughter gave birth to a son I bought a boy doll for my granddaughter, together with a set of clothes from 'Frilly Lily'. They arrived promptly and my granddaughter, Arabella, was very pleased with them. She immediately dressed her new doll and now likes to change his nappy when Mummy changes the baby's nappy! The clothes are well made and are surviving the rough treatment from a 2 year old - so I am pleased I chose them for her!

Billy and the Barglebogle
Billy and the Barglebogle
by Lindsay Camp

4.0 out of 5 stars my granddaughter enjoys this, 13 Jan 2013
She has just become a 'big sister' and I think this story is helping her come to terms with the changes in her life now she has a baby brother. She talks about the story and says how she is going to look after her brother, so that has to be good!!

The J.M. Barrie Ladies' Swimming Society
The J.M. Barrie Ladies' Swimming Society

4.0 out of 5 stars predictable plot development..., 13 Jan 2013
...but nevertheless I quite enjoyed it! I liked the descriptions of swimming in the very cold water and the individual stories of the ladies swimming society members, as well as the links with JM Barrie (especially the explanation of the name 'Wendy') but the end was a bit abrupt and no explanation of how he suddenly turned up in NY!

Bara Glad Maternity & Nursing Brown Flower 3/4 Sleeve Tunic Size L
Bara Glad Maternity & Nursing Brown Flower 3/4 Sleeve Tunic Size L

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 7 Jan 2013
I bought this for my daughter who has just had a baby and she is very pleased with the fit and the design which makes it easy to breast-feed without stripping off! It was a very reasonable price too.

Breville VKJ385 Polished Stainless Steel Jug Kettle
Breville VKJ385 Polished Stainless Steel Jug Kettle

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit noisy!, 5 Jan 2013
A very reasonably priced kettle - heats quickly, pours well but a bit noisy when boiling the water, but I certainly recommend it as a good economy buy.

Invision® New 2013 Premium Cross Pattern Design iPad 2, 3 & iPad 4 (with Retina Display) Case Cover in Red - Front & Back Protection Smart Cover With Magnetic Auto Wake & Sleep Function (PU) Leather with Soft Satin Inner Cloth lining - Premium Quality with Superior Design Features and Independently Recommended by "Which?" Magazine. (Red iPad 2, 3 & 4 Case)

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping!, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
This is quite an addictive book - I stayed up late on a couple of nights because it was hard to put down. But I found I liked it and disliked it in equal proportions - but I had to finish it!! Amy really is an awful woman and, although I felt sorry for Nick, he had his own shortcomings too. Although I finished it a week or so ago, I find I am still thinking about it so I guess that is a sign of a 'good' read!

The Edwardians (VMC)
The Edwardians (VMC)
by Vita Sackville-West

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed this!, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Edwardians (VMC) (Paperback)
Well-written,very witty in parts, although I found the subservience of the servants and their endurance of insults etc difficult to accept - but i guess it is accurate for the time! I have only seen one episode of Downton Abbey - but would suggest that this is a better written and more believable version of the way the 'upper classes' behaved at that time!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4