Profile for Booksie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Comply T-400 Isolation Earphone Tips - (Large) Black
Comply T-400 Isolation Earphone Tips - (Large) Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing. Amazing. Triple amazing., 18 Jan. 2015
Superb. Now, as one who has used, abused earbuds (the nightly ones) for an age, how can this be a surprise for me? Well, it is.

And no, you cannot just shove these earbuds into your night-time earbuds. These are designed with a central tunnel to fit your 'phones, so nothing exists in between to dampen the sound/vibrations.

As for isolation, or NC effects, it was only when I popped onto the tube this week that i noticed, on my way home, I had my volume set on the same, ambient, level for the entire journey, something of a miracle. The rolling, thundering sound of the London Underground had no effect whatsoever on my musical pleasure. My god, usually, when I'm in Zone 1 the volume hits max, and not until I reach Zone 3 and beyond do I reset it to my normal level. I did not even notice.

Amazing.

Silvine A4 Tracing Pad
Silvine A4 Tracing Pad
Offered by 365DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff., 18 Jan. 2015
Excellent value.

Truvia Truvia Sweetener Jar 270g (Pack of 3)
Truvia Truvia Sweetener Jar 270g (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent chemical-free sweetener., 18 Jan. 2015
It seems I mistook Nativa for this Truvia, but my review there and here is the same. Both are amazing products. Such good value.

Artbox A4 tracing paper - 60 sheets
Artbox A4 tracing paper - 60 sheets

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough for human use., 18 Jan. 2015
Horrible. Designed for children (look at the cover). Don't do this to your children. They deserve better.

Natvia 100 % Natural Sweetener Canister 200 g (Pack of 1)
Natvia 100 % Natural Sweetener Canister 200 g (Pack of 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. Full stop., 18 Jan. 2015
Wow, this stuff is new on me. Quite the revelation. Not only is it utterly powerful (as much as my long abused chemical Hermestas), but it's 100% natural.

Me, my mouth is still open. Wow. 1/3 tsp = 1 tsp sugar. Wow. The stevia leaf is powerful man.

Not like Canderel and all the other posers, where you drop a tonne (precisely half the jar then) of fluffy candyfloss-like airy powder in your brew before it's good to drink.

Yes, i'm trying to go 'au natural' everywhere, but not quite replaced the coffee with carob-whatever-funny-thing-in-a-jar they forever fob on me in H&B.

Lovely stuff. In Sainsbury they charge quite a sum for the same thing, Truvia I think it's called. (Yes, well, that's Sainsbury for you). This stuff's great.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2015 9:15 PM GMT

Xcessor Triple Flange Conical Replacement Silicone Earbuds 4 Pairs (Set of 8 Pieces). Compatible With Most in Ear Headphone Brands. Size: MEDIUM. Color: Black
Offered by Accessory Department

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, looks deceive., 18 Jan. 2015
Cheap. Squeaks.

How much is you music worth? Recently I had to ask that, myself.

Well, more than these monstrosities.

I've settles for a better, pricier replacement. Me, super happy.

Electronic Cigarette *Mint Blast Flavour* eKasier E shisha Disposable 500 PUFFS Eshisha - Soft Tip
Offered by Cigee

2.0 out of 5 stars What is it?, 18 Jan. 2015
I don't know what this it.

A pen? A stick?

I received it. I ripped the box open (I needed a puff desperately). I was dazed, both ends looked the same. I looked for a button to press. I looked for something, anything. I, tentatively, put it to my mouth, went to puff. Nope, nought happened. Tried the other end. nope, same story.

Still, today. No idea idea how these work.

New Military Style Heavy Wool Blanket (Olive Green)
New Military Style Heavy Wool Blanket (Olive Green)
Offered by Army and Outdoors

5.0 out of 5 stars Warning: hot nights a possibility., 18 Jan. 2015
I am sorry be different, but being a female adult, with not a shred of love for camping - though one adores the fresh air and nature - I love it. It's too novel on my bed, such roughage, such toughness, it reminds me of the quality wool 'dead weights' of my childhood, when mama used to tuck me in - lock me into position actually - under an 80's wool pastel floral thing with nondescript flowers all over it that weighed more than me. Drowned is always the sentiment I most recall. And the need to use the toilet, yet finding it impossible to move.

OK, back to this, best part, it's not actually that rough! In fact, indeed, I find it smooth, barely scratchy, and utterly touch-feely.

True, look closer, most will hate it. It looks like a mash up of material/fibres, like handmade paper. (55% other fibres, or something the label says). Most, will relegate it to camping use only. I adore it. It's super warm doubled up on my single bed, and it barely needs another layer to boost thickness/insulation (I use a 13.5 tog duvet too). But true, opened up onto a double bed I doubt it will be warm enough for most in winter without another layer. If it were me, I'd have another on top of me. Can you believe it weighs over a kilo? No, thought not.

I mean, I've put ALL my other cheap acrylic throws into storage. Why bother folding and upholding these nightly when one of these rough beauties will suffice on my bed? (No wonder hotels have these on top of their sheets, one has always wondered why they shun duvets when one of these boosted by a quilt more than suffices.)

Nor should I mention is it like wool, that is, having that mohair effect? That shedding horror, that eats into my lint roller like nothing else in my wardrobe. Horrid, one shudders at the the thought, leaving its particles of flying hair everywhere like dust.

So there you go, a winning buy not for the faint hearted who want something pretty. The usual then.

Eucerin DermoCapillaire Calming Urea Scalp Treatment - 5% Urea 100ml
Eucerin DermoCapillaire Calming Urea Scalp Treatment - 5% Urea 100ml
Offered by Your247Chemist

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, I may invest in the shampoo too., 18 Jan. 2015
Is it too soon to review?

Well, I've used it daily for a week or two, on both a dry and damp scalp, and truly it's softened the area very well (a wee patch of psoriasis by the rear of my scalp), without the greasiness/heaviness of my current remedy (everyday E45 cream, not quite a remedy as a way of saving my pennies on the chemist's recommendation).

On the one hand, the area is less flaky and hardened, I cannot pick/peel, oh forget it, let's be truthful here since I'm among friends, rip off the damed thing in vexation for it's always too tempting, the scab that annoys the hell out of me and gives me restless fingers. And hence, cause it to weep and redevelop.

On the other hand, I need to apply it daily, and maybe several times a day, especially if I wash my hair daily (regular 'poo and conditioner being not medicated but organic and natural) that seems to dry the area further. Since one cannot not wash their hair, the best advice is to use good stuff in the first place. I mean, sometimes I even use - ok snack me I'm bad - chemical nasties called Herbal Essence. But it has improved, the area is smooth, not scabby, and not wept in ages for there's no caking skin to play with whilst I'm wasting time on the net.

Initially vexed, I swore at the wide drip tip, launching some tirade against the designers of such a silly applicator (clearly these are veritable, accomplished and busy chemists, not designers). But it seemed best to be logical and use it straight on the scalp, that is, tip in over the area, let it drip and massage it in. Not as slow to catch on me, apply the runny stuff on your fingers first - doh, for the consistency is akin very loose watery syrup.

Pricey, it may last me for a few months yet. But, definitely worth the spend.

My first meeting with Eucerin, I'm impressed. It seems there may be something to the brand, they know a thing or two.

Daler Rowney 12ml Simply Gouache Set (Pack of 12)
Daler Rowney 12ml Simply Gouache Set (Pack of 12)

2.0 out of 5 stars Drab stuff., 18 Jan. 2015
Ah, good old Daler Rowney. The student's choice, not so much splurge, as save (and suffer). Perhaps I'm being moody and unfair?

They're all average. The yellow ochre has split, spits out like venom.

Mediocre, not as pigmented as desirable, easily diluted and washed out, you may as well use watercolours. Won't last you long, perhaps a few uses depending on how you're planning on using these paints. Certainly there's enough to paint a side of A4, perhaps. That's just an estimation naturally....

These are laughable these small sets, they're akin to buying a speculative set. Buy, wait for them to arrive, give them an airing with a paintbrush because that's all they're good for before you'll need to buy a decent tube for any work you've in mind.

Go for Windsor Newton, since they're the top brand with accountability (but indeed, pricey stuff for any decent work).

Or try Pebeo, the latter is a surprise for me and fantastic value, but note their range is basic, so use them for basic white, primaries etc.

Best I've tried: Turner gouache (comes in 20ml only) but it's FABULOUS stuff, creamy and thick and super pigmented.

Heard good things about Sonya 'something' gouache, not quite 'artist' gouache, but, gouache for home and crafts or something. It's all rather vague, but she makes paints in big, big tubes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11