Profile for Samantha > Reviews

Content by Samantha

Samantha "Sam" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Boys Roman Gladiator Centurion Warrior Halloween Party Fancy Dress Costume 5 - 7 years
Offered by Mega Fancy Dress

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for school but song Okay, 9 May 2015
Was expecting more, didn't think it would be made from felt, the arms and leg bits do not fit my son at all and would overlap if I tried to sew it myself. He is a skinny 7 year old and I went for size 5/-7.
Overall it'll be great for school minus the arm and leg bits as I know they'll get lost or tear off as they're made from felt and a bit of elastic.

UE MINI BOOM Bluetooth Wireless Speaker - Black/Green
UE MINI BOOM Bluetooth Wireless Speaker - Black/Green
Offered by Emax

5.0 out of 5 stars more than I hoped for, 18 April 2015
I got this for a party at the house and wanted music playing in the garden that was loud.
I was unsure whether I wanted to spend the money when I had other cheaper options but I read reviews that this was loud which I wanted.i had a £40 voucher so I decided to treat myself and buy it.
I loved the simple packaging and the design itself is great. It easily sits on the window, table without being intrusive. The instructions are vague but didn't take long to set up. The sound from it was more than I hoped for, it can be played loud and very loud to dance to and drown out voices, I probably wouldn't need to put it on the loudest setting as its loud enough.
You can subtle turn the volume up and down on your phone.
I downloaded the 'radios' app and together with this I put on the different radio stations and have all types of music playing. So happy with the purchase.

[2 PACK] Premium Dry Bags - two 500D PVC Tarp waterproof dry bags (170 Oz and 340 Oz) for outdoor activities and watersports - Lifetime Warranty (Yellow + Blue)
Offered by The Friendly Swede [UK]

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Jan. 2015
Great delivery and products! Highly recommended.

Bosch WTE84106GB Classixx 7kg Freestanding Condenser Tumble Dryer - White
Bosch WTE84106GB Classixx 7kg Freestanding Condenser Tumble Dryer - White
Offered by Appliance Star

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving my tumble dryer!, 6 Oct. 2014
have been using my bosch for about a week now and felt that I had to write a review on how thrilled I am with it.
It took me about a week to choose a bosch, instead of the other brands like Beko which was cheaper and had great reviews and your standard reliable brands like hotpoint etc. I decided to spend that bit more for quality. The only thing putting me off the Bosch for the week was the 7kg drum. I was initially hoping to get an 8kg or even 9kg for my family of 5.
Since receiving the bosch dryer, I am so glad I purchased it as the drum is huge in comparison to my 8kg bosch washing machine. It is much bigger, for example, I put a full load of towels in the 8kg washing machine then transfer it over to the dryer and have loads of room left in the dryer.
Today I have washed a set of double bedsheets and few more items and transferred over to the dryer, again filling only half of it and that dried within an hour. I was surprised at how quick it was, and folded it straight away and it doesn't really need ironing.
I can't comment on the quietness of it, as it doesn't really bother me as it's away in another room, and I haven't had a dryer to compare the noise.
Overall I am thrilled to bits with it. It's easy to use and seems to know when to stop drying. I haven't had any soaking clothes. I am glad I went for this and not a bigger size as it would have been too big! Emptying the tank and filter is very easy.
The handle seems sturdy, and I have the screw in one.
Don't hesitate and buy.

EasyAcc Macbook 13.3 inch Felt Sleeve Carrying bag Ultrabook Laptop  bag for Apple Macbook Air 13, Acer Aspire S3, S5, S7, Asus Zenbook UX31, HP spectre xt, Samsung SERIES 9 NP900X3B, Samsung SERIE 5 NP530, Toshiba Satellite Z830 Ultrabook [Size: 13.3 inch, Color: Grey]
EasyAcc Macbook 13.3 inch Felt Sleeve Carrying bag Ultrabook Laptop bag for Apple Macbook Air 13, Acer Aspire S3, S5, S7, Asus Zenbook UX31, HP spectre xt, Samsung SERIES 9 NP900X3B, Samsung SERIE 5 NP530, Toshiba Satellite Z830 Ultrabook [Size: 13.3 inch, Color: Grey]
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

4.0 out of 5 stars IT's Ok.., 21 Jan. 2014
I wasn't too sure what I was expecting. It feels nice and is quite padded, but in all honesty it looks home made, the accessory bit on the front is sewn on wonky. Other than that, it looks smart and my MacBook fits snugly inside.

Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer
Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love it, 21 Jan. 2014
I initially bought this for my 22 month old boy who keeps waking up at 6am onwards. He loves the clock and once we say good night to the sun he's cottoned on that it's time for bed and sleeps peacefully knowing the sun has gone to bed. However he's still waking up early and hasn't quite grasped that he's not to start shouting or to be awake during the star time! I'm sure we will get there in the end.

I'll be honest, I found it difficult with how to use it etc. I thought you put a time on when the sun goes to bed and when the sun wakes up. But you have to manually change the sun to the stars. Not a problem to do. Also I got confused with the star icon and sun icon and again thought the star icon was the sun's bed time and the sun was wake up time! Finally figured it out and things are getting easier now I am used to it.

The brightness is a slight problem, my son is used to sleeping in a very dark room. I'm OK with a light, and this has a nice glow to it, and you can dim the light down but I don't think it dims as low as some people might like. If you switch the light off the star disappears? So not too great! And come morning time I find the light super bright. This is the only downside of the product.

Also I would have preferred a moon rather than stars, but now I am just being picky.

Lastly, with all that aside, my kids love it, so much so that I have purchased another one for my two older children who are 9 and 6, while I was reluctant to buy with it being aimed at younger kids, they insisted on getting one. So I did, and it has proved handy, as they literally glance at the clock and get straight back to sleep without totally waking up and wondering whether it's time to get up or not, only to realise it's 5.30am, by then they are wide awake. Also with my youngest crying at 6am onwards the kids now know it's still bed time and don't get disturbed as much by their younger brother crying! The brightness is good for them, as they like a night light.

All in all, a big hit with the family.

Gamewright Zeus On The Loose Game
Gamewright Zeus On The Loose Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love it!, 21 Jan. 2014
My boys love this game, made more fun with the Greek gods that they love. It's a simple game that can create twists with each card. Easy to pack away for trips.

Easy Learning: Telling Time Ages 7-9 (Collins Easy Learning Age 7-11)
Easy Learning: Telling Time Ages 7-9 (Collins Easy Learning Age 7-11)
by Collins Easy Learning

4.0 out of 5 stars Expecting more time focused, 21 Jan. 2014
My son is terrible at telling the time, and can't grasp it so I wanted a book that could help him. It's a nice book but it covers days of the week, months of the year etc. He knows all that so we are skipping those pages. The 'time' part of the book is quite good, just a shame it doesn't solely focus on that as I had initially hoped.

Optimum Five Pad Tribal Long Boys Protective Shoulder Pad - Bokka, Small Boys
Optimum Five Pad Tribal Long Boys Protective Shoulder Pad - Bokka, Small Boys

4.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it, 21 Jan. 2014
I don't know how these tops compare to the other ones, but it makes my son feel more confident going into tackles, so that's a plus. I was expecting more padding though, but I think they're all much or a muchness. I initially order a large which was too baggy for my 9 year old slightly smaller than average child. The small is much better for him with room to grow. His height about 135-40cm. Great design.

Pink Lining Twice As Nice Changing Bag
Pink Lining Twice As Nice Changing Bag

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 21 Jan. 2014
Love this bag, I bought it after seeing it in TK maxx at half the price even though I don't have twins. I just need a big practical baby bag that doesn't leave things hanging outside and bags un zipped. It was between this or a mamas and papas messenger bag. I choose this one as I like the idea you can use it as a handbag with the strap. It can fit lots in too, but I do find that if you put in too much at the bottom it is hard to zip up. Im not too sure if it would actually be big enough for someone with twins. It would probably hold two bottles, changes of small clothes (sleep suits) and your nappies. At a squeeze small pots could probably go inside too, anything more and it might be hard to zip up. Maybe I just over pack things! Still, it's a very trendy bag.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4