Profile for Barabbas > Reviews

This Is My Life
This Is My Life
by Eamonn Holmes

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 17 May 2006
This review is from: This Is My Life (Hardcover)
This book is terrible. I have no inkling how Holmes manages to sound as irritating, pompous and egotistical on paper as he is in real life, but he somehow manages it. Avoid at all costs. If I could give zero stars I would.

Judith Krantz: Till We Meet Again [DVD] [1989] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Judith Krantz: Till We Meet Again [DVD] [1989] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Michael York

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but wasn't too happy with the editing, 5 July 2005
I've seen "Till We Meet Again" countless times on VHS, so was delighted when the DVD box set was released. I haven't gone through the whole series in detail, but it would seem the editing for the DVDs has omitted several crucial, character-building scenes. I think Courtney Cox is excellent, as always, and Hugh Grant gives a solid performance. The story itself is iconic, and very moving, though I thought Wolf Kahler could have added more depth to his role with the help of better directing. My main gripe, however, is with the treatment given to Richard Gradwell by this release; it would seem his famous "bathroom scene" with Courtney Cox has been given short shrift. As a Gradwell fan I would also have liked to have seen more out-takes of him during filming, and perhaps an interview with him as an extra feature. Other than that, the DVD series is still highly enjoyable, but as a fan of "Till We Meet Again" I will continue watching the VHS version.