Profile for Madikwe > Reviews

Lakeland Home Spout Cleaning Brushes x 4
Offered by Lakeland
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb little brushes., 25 May 2014
These little brushes do 'exactly what it says on the tin' and they do it very well indeed. Another sterling product from the clever people at Lakeland.

Would recommend both product and company without hesitation.

Bed of Roses Natural Soap by Heyland & Whittle
Bed of Roses Natural Soap by Heyland & Whittle

5.0 out of 5 stars Life is certainly a 'Bed of Roses' with this lovely, lovely product., 25 May 2014
I ordered two of these as gifts for friends having bought the small heart soap earlier in the year. The fragrance is simply heavenly and the soaps were beautifully packaged.

Both friends were delighted with their gifts.

I would have no hesitation in recommending or buying this product, or any other Heyland and Little product and have actively and positively mentioned the company.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Check the Best Before Dates !!!, 25 May 2014
Simply clicked and bought this product in March. It was delivered without preamble and I put it away in the cupboard. A few weeks ago when the weather took a turn for the better I pulled one out and whilst reading the info re dilution noticed that this product was BBE (best before end) July 2013. I wrote to the supplier and said I was upset about the dates and I would have expected better from a company selling under the Amazon umbrella and looked forward to hearing what they would like to do to resolve the problem. I did not get a speedy reply and when I did I was completely bemused by their response which effectively said they had in their advertising mentioned the BBE date and this was just that i.e. best before! and they were sure it would taste fine and if it did not they would refund me. I have as a result of a protracted period in hospital developed an auto-immune condition and nothing would induce me to try something 'out of date' and I do understand the difference between best before and use by.

So it's a 1 star from me because of the experience I had with this supplier who were only anxious to point out the legalease .... I did not ask for a refund as their response was not customer friendly.

I'm sure I'll try the product one day, but it won't be from this supplier and it won't be through Amazon.

Cath Kidston Rose Hand Cream Trio
Cath Kidston Rose Hand Cream Trio
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Cath Kidston Rose Hand Cream Trio, 4 April 2014
Lovely little box with three 'small' handcreams by the lady who has the Midas touch at the moment. Great product - the rose aroma really comes through and the cream isn't greasy at all so you don't feel the need to get a tissue to wipe your palms as you do with so many handcreams. Will buy more of these to have as little gifts for friends. I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending these to anyone.

Suzy Smith Women's Bownita Evening Bag Gold ZE000441PY
Suzy Smith Women's Bownita Evening Bag Gold ZE000441PY
Price: 9.72

1.0 out of 5 stars Suzy Smith Women's Bownita Evening Bag Gold, 4 April 2014
Bought this on a Lightning Deal and was intending to give it to a relative, however nothing prepared me for the sheer 'bling' of this bag. It would be better whittled down and popped onto the Christmas Tree as an ornament such is the level of gold, sliver and crystal ..... !!! Not for me, but we are all different. I though, am firmly of the opinion that this is one that should have been left on the designer's drawing board and never reached the manufacturing stage. Sorry Suzy !!!

Heyland and Whittle Heart Shaped Rose Natural Soap in a Gift Box
Heyland and Whittle Heart Shaped Rose Natural Soap in a Gift Box
Price: 4.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Heyland and Whittle Heart Shaped Rose Natural Soap in a Gift Box, 4 April 2014
This is a beautifully packaged and exquisite little product. The soap smells simply divine - I gave it to a friend who had invited me to lunch. She was thrilled with the gift and the beauty of the soap. Since then she has said it is a great product to use and has bought more both for herself and for relatives.

I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this product to anyone - it cannot fail to bring a smile to a woman's face (men take note and it isn't expensive and so much more original than the same old chocolates/flowers!!).

Green Treat Women's 3-Pack Socks Gift Set, Multicoloured (Assorted), One Size
Green Treat Women's 3-Pack Socks Gift Set, Multicoloured (Assorted), One Size
Price: 11.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Green Treat Women'ns 3-pack Socks Gift Set Multicoloured (Assorted), 4 April 2014
Socks, we all need them especially when you live in a climate like ours! These are fabulous socks - the colours and patterns are subtle, but the real joy of these socks is in putting them on - they are sooo!! soft to wear. They wash superbly and unlike many much more expensive socks do not shrink. Bought them for Christmas for my daughters as a stocking filler and since then have bought some for my own use and I love them. Packaged in eco-friendly packaging too.

Will look forward to some more colours from Green Treat.

Myface High Def Lip Pencil Wine 4 g
Myface High Def Lip Pencil Wine 4 g
Offered by George and Freddie
Price: 8.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Myface High Definition Lip Pencil Wine, 4 April 2014
This is a fabulous product. It's an attractive looking pencil, however it's real joy is in using it and achieving brilliant results which is the whole point. This pencil glides around your lips, it's soft, no 'dragging' and yet still prevents bleeding etc. I have been using Estee Lauder lip pencils for 34 years and was happy enough but as a result of an Amazon Lightning Deal decided to try these, I now have three different colours and they're all superb. Sorry Estee Lauder but I'm a convert to these (however you still win hands down in the facial product stakes - Night Repair etc.). Anyway back to My Face - buy it, try it, you won't regret it!! This is a top end product at a medium product price. Bargain !!!

Professional Crystal Nail File with Carry Case by Healthy Nails Professional (BLACK)
Offered by Beautiful eBuyers
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional Crystal Nail File with Carry Case, 4 April 2014
Wow, have never used one of these before but will never be without one now! The difference between this little gem and the usual emery boards (professional or otherwise) is the finish which is second to none. Beautifully manicured nails which look so good it almost seems a shame to put polish on. Ordinarily I would but I've decided on a clear top coat this time and my nails look really good. Will certainly be recommending to friends and family. It's also a neat size to pop in your handbag and for what it is it's an an attractive little 'thing'. Highly recommended.

The Vintage Cosmetic Floral Cosmetic Clutch Bag
The Vintage Cosmetic Floral Cosmetic Clutch Bag
Price: 16.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Floral Cosmetic Clutch Bag (background colour in photograph is off-white - the reality is a 'strong' pale pink, 14 Mar 2014
This is one of those items that unusually look very good in the photograph and when received it's the other way around. I had high hopes of this:

a) I was going to use it as a clutch 'bag' as opposed to a make-up bag because in the photograph the backround colour looks off-white. The reality is that it is a 'strong' (pale pink).

b) The packaging is a very thin and 'crispy' piece of sellohane? This just looks 'tacky'.

If it had actually looked like the photograph which I am looking at now - I think it would have been a winner.

Hopefully food for thought for the sellers. Having said that it arrived very quickly. I feel a little step up in terms of packaging and a clear photograph demonstrating that the background is 'pink'and they (the sellers) really could be on to something very good indeed.

If you just wanted a make-up bag it's fit for purpose - but hope you have a large handbag if you plan on carrying it around.

It could have been so good.

Kind regards.