ARRAY(0xadf7dcf0)

Profile for M. A. Bradley > Reviews

Content by M. A. Bradley

M. A. Bradley "Martin" (Chesterfield UK)

Nero 8 (PC)
Nero 8 (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars system hogging bloatware at it's worst, 19 Jan 2008
This review is from: Nero 8 (PC) (CD-ROM)
Oh dear, I should have read the reviews here before buying. This software isn't fit for purpose. I will be returning it to Amazon. My system is well above the requirements suggested and runs Windows XP. Nero6 was uninstalled without problem. Installation took an eternity, always a worrying sign. After finally installing successfully it runs for a short period and then as soon as it is asked to do any work it seizes the system.

I suppose if you have a quad core processor and 4GB ram you might be able to use it.

For anyone who hasn't bought a high end PC in the last 6 months steer clear.

How can this stuff be brought to market???

Firefly Planisphere Deluxe
Firefly Planisphere Deluxe

2.0 out of 5 stars One for the daytime, 26 Feb 2006
I chose this planisphere over the cheaper but more widely used Phillips one since I felt the larger size would make it clearer. It is very detailed and perfectly well designed until one gets out under a night sky. It simply cannot be read in the dark with a red light. The colours are low contrast pastels and the writing small and faint. To make it out I have to use a white light which then ruins night vision meaning I can see fewer of the stars I am supposed to be looking at.
If you want a detailed planisphere which you can look at to plan your observing session before you go out this is a good buy. However if you want something to use out in the field look elsewhere.