Profile for Lovetoad > Reviews

Content by Lovetoad

Lovetoad "lovetoad" (Bideford, North devon)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Simpleslice - Bread Slicing Guide - Stable, Safe and Versatile.
Simpleslice - Bread Slicing Guide - Stable, Safe and Versatile.
Offered by SIMPLESLICE

5.0 out of 5 stars I use the middle slot for medium to thick slices and the lowest slot for thinner slices. It does the job!, 1 Jun. 2016
It works and works well

Braun Face 810 Facial Epilator and Facial Cleansing Brush
Braun Face 810 Facial Epilator and Facial Cleansing Brush
Offered by Electric Mania Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars I didnt think this would be any good, but I was wrong, 18 April 2016
I didnt think this would be any good, but I was wrong. I wanted something to get rid of my moustache and beard 😯😯 having tried almost every other method of getting rid of the dark thick hairs that sprout from my chin and upper lip (why is it they are so thick and strong their yet the hair on my head is thin and wispy??). I hated the creams coz they burned and dmelled disgusting and I hated shaving as it made me feel unfeminine. I already have an elderly braun epilator that I use on my legs successfully so thought Id give this a go even though the reviews here on anazon are mixed.
First impressions: its light and easy to hold. I like that the heads can turn in either direction. I found it very effective on even tiny weeny hairs on my face. BUT I found the area between my nose and upper lip (the hitler moustache area) very painful, other areas much less so.

I found the brush was soft yet effective. True its not a great exfoliator but it certainly worked with my elemis balm cleanser to give me soft, grntly buffed skin.

So why the 4 stars if I found it so good? It would deserve 5 *'s from me if it was electically powered rather than battery powered. I can see me getting through quite a few AA's. The motor could also be a little stronger if nains powered.

I hope my review has helped ☺

Everyday Super Food
Everyday Super Food
by Jamie Oliver

1.0 out of 5 stars I love cooking and have a lot of cookbooks including many of Jamie's. I havent found one recipe in this book that I want to coo, 28 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Everyday Super Food (Hardcover)
Very disappointed

Bosch TWK8633 Styline Collection Cordless Jug Kettle, 1.5 L - Black
Bosch TWK8633 Styline Collection Cordless Jug Kettle, 1.5 L - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Choose a different kettle., 27 Sept. 2015
Dreadful. 2 have had to be returned. All started ok with all working fine but after about a month the lid stops popping open and after another few weeks it starts cutting out and refusing to boil. My current one is now doing the same so will be returned. No third time lucky for me and I will be choosing a different model and make as its replacement. This just isnt good enough Bosch :(

Salter 9050 SVBK3R Ultra Slim Glass Electronic Scale
Salter 9050 SVBK3R Ultra Slim Glass Electronic Scale
Offered by Deals On The Net

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Does what they say it will do - ..., 7 April 2015
Excellent. Does what they say it will do - weigh you quickly and accurately. Looks good too

Deliciously Ella: Awesome ingredients, incredible food that you and your body will love
by Ella Mills (Woodward)

1.0 out of 5 stars If you like dates, nuts and seeds this book is for ..., 7 April 2015
Very samey. If you like dates, nuts, nut butters and seeds this book is for you as a LOT of recipes contain these ingredients. Too many (very high calorie) snacks (though no nutritional information is included in the book which is very poor nowadays but I suspect this was left out because the recipes are often high in calories), not enough recipes for actual meals. I agree with others who say the cost of ingredients is very high.
Give this book a miss, go to her blog and print the (few) recipes you will want to make.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2015 9:44 PM BST

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2015 7:45 AM BST

Fitbit One Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracker - Burgundy
Fitbit One Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracker - Burgundy

5.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect, 20 July 2014
What a great little gadget that is helping and encouraging me to be more active. It works well in conjunction with My Fitness Pal (which I was using for 6 months before getting the FitBit One). However, Im not sure about the accuracy of it - I can be in bed asleep all night yet it records steps (and no, I don't sleep walk). It also records steps whilst exercising on a static bike. Sometimes it doesn't record flights of stairs either. But hey, nothing is perfect and its good enough for me.

Im not a fan of the wristband, its too wide and too hot to wear in the summer. I would prefer a slimmer band but maybe one will be produced in due course.

The Skinny 5:2 Diet Slow Cooker Recipe Book: Skinny Slow Cooker Recipe And Menu Ideas Under 100, 200, 300 And 400 Calories For Your 5:2 Diet

2.0 out of 5 stars Very few recipes, 26 Jan. 2014
I bought the paperback version. Over half of this book is about the 5:2 diet, how it works and suggested meal plans so if you've already bought a 5:2 book this information wont be looked at (as the info is better in the other books imho). The few recipes that are in this book are ok but there are not enough of them and they are not particularly exciting or appealing.

I will be tearing out or scanning the few recipes I will actually cook and put them in my scrapbook. The rest of the book will go for recycling/charity shop. Save your money and buy Kate Harrisons recipe book, the recipes are much better and there are many many more of them.

The Ultimate 5:2 Diet Recipe Book: Easy, Calorie Counted Fast Day Meals You'll Love
by Kate Harrison

5.0 out of 5 stars I like most of the recipes!!, 20 Dec. 2013
I own many cookbooks. Im also a fussy person food-wise and there is a lot I don't like. If Im lucky I would like and want to make 50% of the recipes in most of my cookbooks but in this book Ive turned the corners down on about 95% of the recipes!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3