Profile for Hannah A. > Reviews

Wild Tales
by Graham Nash
Price: 20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: Wild Tales (Hardcover)
This autobiography makes Nash seem rather pleased with himself - particularly because he has ended up in a very good place, having done extremely well in music and other areas too.
Lovely to be able to hear a version of what was really happening in the 60s and 70s, but Nash was lucky that he seemed to survive unscathed the excesses of that hedonistic time whilst seemingly having enjoyed them to the full.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2014 6:55 PM GMT

Look Through Any Window 1963-1975 [DVD] [2011] [NTSC]
Look Through Any Window 1963-1975 [DVD] [2011] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ The Hollies
Offered by Not2day Media
Price: 10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Reminder of How Wonderfully Exciting and Optimistic the 60s were., 10 Oct 2013
It's a brilliant reminder of what a great band The Hollies were and recreates the atmosphere of my youth too. Particularly interesting to hear some of the stories. I first heard this on Sky Arts and watched it more than once!

A Night At The Opera [2011 Remaster]
A Night At The Opera [2011 Remaster]
Price: 13.91

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite band, 7 Dec 2012
Can't wait to play this one, but am waiting until Christmas morning to savour this latest version of the original LP which I still have in the garage.

The Diary of a Killer Cat (The Killer Cat)
The Diary of a Killer Cat (The Killer Cat)
by Anne Fine
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cruel for cats, 7 Dec 2012
I've so enjoyed reading this book to one of my granddaughters, I have bought it for my other granddaughter for Christmas.
I did not originally buy the book, it was my granddaughter herself who wanted me to read it to her again - recommendation indeed.

This Happy Breed [1944] [DVD]
This Happy Breed [1944] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Newton
Price: 8.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 7 Dec 2012
Having just seen a very good amateur stage version of this favourite, I wanted to see how it compared to the film which I have loved so much. The extra bits were a real bonus.

Thursdays in the Park
Thursdays in the Park
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Love for the over-sixties, 7 Dec 2012
I saw this novel reviewed in the national press as a 'sexual titillation for grannies' kind of book. Especially for those rather disillusioned with wall-to-wall life with grandad. Feeling rather in this category myself, I ordered the book and find it a light, easy but fairly captivating read. I've not yet reached the end though.....

Your Babycare Bible, The most authoritative and up-to-date source book on caring for babies from birth to age three
by Dr. Tony Waterston
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Baby Gift, 15 Oct 2010
My husband's godmother bought this book for us and we have been so grateful that she did. On numerous occasions we have been able to dip in and find reassurance and help when we've been worried, or looking for ways to make our childcare just more effective. It doesn't dictate, it just offers good choices and when, at times, I've felt a little uncertain about whether I'm doing things right, it's felt like a real source of support. It's very easy to access the information too. Highly recommendable.