Profile for Neil Berry > Reviews

Neil Berry

You Are Awful (But I Like You): Travels Through Unloved Britain
You Are Awful (But I Like You): Travels Through Unloved Britain
by Tim Moore

1.0 out of 5 stars Hopefully a one off but I stopped reading after 20 pages, 13 May 2014
I usually like Tim Moore's books but thought this was terrible & so gave up.

If you don't like unnecessary swearing steer clear of this book - the language is in the gutter

Arrow - Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Arrow - Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Stephen Amell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show, 13 May 2014
I saw a couple of episodes on planes, took a chance on buying Series 1 & I'm glad I did.

I'm not necessarily a comics fan & you don't need to be to watch this series. Plot is good, action & flashbacks helpful & incisive. Characacters strong & well acted.

Roll on Series 2

Third Man to Fatty's Leg
Third Man to Fatty's Leg
by Steve James

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 13 May 2014
Mr James writes well in the papers but this book was a step too far. The story wasn't told very well with continuity problems & there were some axes to grind.

It's really 2.5 stars but I thought he could have done so much better with a more structured approach & a following of timelines. England caps came & went with no insight into why & very little anger about being dropped which I was surprised about.

Mid-life Cyclists
Mid-life Cyclists
by Mr Chris McHutchison

3.0 out of 5 stars A curate's egg of a book, 13 May 2014
This review is from: Mid-life Cyclists (Paperback)
It started well & I laughed out loud a lot as I recognised myself in similiar situations BUT (and it is a big BUT) the book just tailed away. The big ride became smaller & smaller until there was no more book left.
I assume the writing of the book followed along with the big ride & it all became too much hence no big ride & no big end to the book.

It's 3.5 stars really as it started well but it could & should have finished so much better.